The Guitar Thread

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Have you seen the JHS pedal (bonsai) that does all the main tube screamer circuits?

(I didn't realise it was £235 before I went for the link. Canny pricey.)

https://www.andertons.co.uk/jhs-pedals-the-bonsai-9-way-screamer-overdrive-pedal-bonsai?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=surfaces&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyOuYBhCGARIsAIdGQRNmQvR8-y9qKU6GDZVGHLl96Mxkd0kyQMdO2Bc6QPXbaoTFDqndNnUaAnzDEALw_wcB

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Have you seen the JHS pedal (bonsai) that does all the main tube screamer circuits?

(I didn't realise it was £235 before I went for the link. Canny pricey.)

https://www.andertons.co.uk/jhs-pedals-the-bonsai-9-way-screamer-overdrive-pedal-bonsai?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=surfaces&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyOuYBhCGARIsAIdGQRNmQvR8-y9qKU6GDZVGHLl96Mxkd0kyQMdO2Bc6QPXbaoTFDqndNnUaAnzDEALw_wcB

A mate of mine has one of those and I honestly reckon its brilliant. 

• Like 1

I didn't need to see that @Gemmill

Well I got £320 for the dookie drive and £370 for the FF. Whilst I wasn't planning on expensive pedals - rather bread and butter pedals with decent tones, I wouldn't rule it out :lol: 

• Haha 1

I'll have to have a read :lol: 

I'm kind of after that Moore/Bonamassa Les Paul tone. Pua creamy as fuck that like.

At the moment I'm not getting the clarity. I think 

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Im looking at the Ibanez TS808 reissue. Help me @Blastronaut

Fine, I'll say the line. It's literally just another ts808!

Another shout for the Bonsai from me. It's a really cool idea to have all models in one box.  Slightly off topic, I'm actually waiting on a guy sending me gut shots of the JHS Muffuletta (multi Big Muff),  I'd bet my right bollock only one or two of the models on that are exact copies of the originals, must be some trade offs with some of the models on that thing.

There's less differences between the Tubescreamer models than the muffs, so it's way more likely all the different TS models on the Bonsai are true to the originals.

I tried the Muffeleta but wasn't crazy for it! 

The kilt is a nuts piece of kit but I imagine it works along the same principles, also I've got fuck all idea what the Gilbert pedal is up to but no matter where I put stuff it sounded awesome. 

Might keep both or choose the best. All good fun.

The guy that's meant to be sending me the gutshots isn't mad on his either. Sure he said it sounded a bit sterile, can't remember his exact words though. 

Turns out the PG14 has already been traced and cloned. It's definitely not a Tubescreamer for a change. Here's the schematic http://pedalpcb.com/docs/BlueShoeGaiPan.pdf

Doesn't look much like any of the usual candidates. Lots of op amp stages for gain and the tone sections and the fet stage is similar to the old Fetzer Valve which will be where the whole "valve amp in a pedal" spiel comes from. Charge pump taking it up to 18v for more headroom too. Cool stuff. 

Edited by Blastronaut

Yeh tbh I didnt do any research on the Gilbert pedal I just plugged it in and it sounded fantastic. When I've got it home it's versatile a owt, but I can't quite figure out how to make it do what I want it to. It also responds beautifully to pedals behind it and in front of it. 

Good bit of kit. 

The kilt has some kind of Fuzz beast mode that sounds like about 10 stacks each running a big muff.....which is hilarious :lol: 

Been getting back into the JHS youtube channel recently and this was a good watch. Basically the story of him building the company from modding pedals in his house to where it is now. 

Pretty inspiring story really. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

I keep looking at this thread, but not sure why.  Will someone please post some shit cooking?

No one needs to see shit cooking, although I have no doubt the internet is full of pictures of it actually happening.

Instead have a guitar skillet.

LGSK_Guitar-Skillet_Whitetable_WEB_800x8

Edited by sammynb
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Ive finally sold the Tele and I have a nice chunk of money burning a hole in my pocket that I want to spend on a metal machine. :razz:

Have you looked at Ormsby guitars? Should be easy to get your hands on where you are too. 

22 hours ago, Gemmill said:

See MXR now has the licence to mass produce the Analogman King of Tone (or at least one side of it, basically a Prince of Tone). Means people doing have to sit on a 5 year waiting list anymore. 

That's interesting. Guessing either MXR have been sitting on a fuckton of those obsolete "mojo" diodes, or someone is finally going to have to admit there was never anything special about them and no real reason for a waiting list. 

Edited by Blastronaut

1 hour ago, Blastronaut said:

That's interesting. Guessing either MXR have been sitting on a fuckton of those obsolete "mojo" diodes, or someone is finally going to have to admit there was never anything special about them and no real reason for a waiting list. 

I watched this earlier. It sounds identical to my ears, although there's a point where the bloke plays the same bit a couple of times and claims it feels different and actually attributes it to the special diodes. :lol: