The Guitar Thread

Tom

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

What's the story with this pedal mate? Is this one of yours that you've made? 

I can see the labels for drive, tone and level, but what's the 4th knob do? 

Missed the 4th knob question, the lower one is a standard tone control, the top one is the Zendrive "voice" control. 

On paper it doesn't sound all that intuitive but essentially it dials out low end and slightly increases the ammount of gain available.  Full ccw, more low end but a bit less drive available on the gain knob, fully clockwise, less low end, slightly more drive. 

Just now, Blastronaut said:

Missed the 4th knob question, the lower one is a standard tone control, the top one is the Zendrive "voice" control. 

On paper it doesn't sound all that intuitive but essentially it dials out low end and slightly increases the ammount of gain available.  Full ccw, more low end but a bit less drive available on the gain knob, fully clockwise, less low end, slightly more drive. 

Nice one, I looked at the original zendrive so assumed that must have been it.

Anyway you have yourself a customer. Looking forward to giving it a blast. 👍

And thanks for the detailed explanation on the voice knob BTW. My ears are shit for this sort of thing so I always struggle to work out exactly what the oddly named knobs are actually doing. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Nice one, I looked at the original zendrive so assumed that must have been it.

Anyway you have yourself a customer. Looking forward to giving it a blast. 👍

And thanks for the detailed explanation on the voice knob BTW. My ears are shit for this sort of thing so I always struggle to work out exactly what the oddly named knobs are actually doing. 

Cheers man! Hope it works out for you, tone is subjective and all that but I'd say the Zendrive is well deserving of the hype, just not the price tag. 

Most folk seem to like stacking it with another overdrive, Timmy seems the most popular option but a fella once messaged me raving about how great it was into a Voodoo Labs Sparkle drive with its "clean blend" and after finally getting round to building one of those I'd have to say he was right.

I fell for it before even stacking it with other pedals, on its own at extreme settings got into those Hellacopters "High Visibility" tones. 

Return address will be on the box, feel free to publish it anywhere and rip me to shreds if you think I've pulled a fast one.

Someone in the other thread called it. They don’t get much love these days unless I’ve had a skin full. Same goes for the 1210s in the other room, but I’m fucked if I’m getting rid of them either 

I bet Gemmill has his heart connected to his Helix Stomp, Blastro is a mad scientist building pedals out of plutonium...

Andrew, well you’re left handed mate. ;) 

Sammy.....I bet Sammy knows a thing or two.