The Guitar Thread

Tom

The strat copies don't have these humbucker pick-ups, so I'd have to put one in. And that would be fun, I should imagine. I'm not ttoo sure whether to get a strat copy, or a Les Paul copy, but it will probably depend on what's cheap.

Thanksnfor the advice.

• 1 month later...

Bought a guitar from my brother-in-law's friend for £50, and I'm using my amazon vouchers for the rest. It is a Stagg I300 if that means anything to you. Anyhow, I presume I need two leads with these sockets to connect the guitar, amp and effects pedal:

31P0YQ8CQKL._SS500_.jpg

They 'feature all new moulded 6.35mm Gold-Tipped compression Jack Plugs' and they look like the right sort.

Edited by Billy Castell

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm very temped to pick up a Gibson Les Paul Studio 50's tribute. They look gorgeous and for £750 you can't go wrong. It's probably the cheapest you've been able to buy a proper Les Paul Goldtop. I think it's a two piece body/neck but I'm not too concerned as the pickups will do a lot of work and it will be great quality wood. There's no binding which bugs me but I could fancy a 'Workhorse' P90 guitar. If I get one I'll post a video up, I'm very much toying with the idea. It doesn't come with a case which may partially explain the price.

Good looking/sounding guitar anyway.

74296_l.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Who made it then? I'd call it the Kevotron or the Cockulator if I was in charge of the branding. If you have kids, would you be tempted to stand in the front room having a good thrash just at the same time as your 17 year old child brought their boyfriend/girlfriend round for the first time?

It reminds me of Blackburn's manager for some reason....................

Looks nice. Now, tremelo bars, are the different brands compatible with each other, as I have a Stagg, but can only find Fender bars.

If you go to a guitar fair you'll normally pick up a trem quite cheap. The fit is often generic but in all honesty if you are a learner I wouldn't worry about the tremolo as it will only distract you from learning the basic skills you will need. Also the guitar will fall out of tune more - making the learning process a more frustrating experience than it has to be!

Even in the later years of playing the trem bar often only detracts from you skills - It took me 8 years to learn to use effective vibrato when bending upwards - all because I had a flash guitar with a trem.

Yeah you should definitely get your technique down first without a trem and then maybe move onto using one when you're ready for advanced stuff like Jeff Beck or to add some flash tricks to your playing. For simple tremolo work maybe check out some surf music like the Ventures and that kind of stuff.

Microtonal baby

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

• 5 weeks later...

Got a first rehearsal tonight, should be fun.

Gibson les paul into fuzz factory into orange rocker 30.

It might get loud.

We are getting something on the go and we are wanting members to do something proper but tonight was my sister on drums and my self on guitar and drums and coincidentally we just played white stripes songs and jammed but it was fun.

Ears are ringing it was proper loud. It's mint playing guitar when it's dangerously loud.