Toon linked with Christian Wilhelmsson

Smooth Operator

In the News of the World we're linked with Swedish international Christian Wilhelmsson of Anderlecht for 2 mill.

Remember seeing him at Euro 2004, he was lightening quick down the right flank, faster then Bellamy i reckon. He'd be a good addition to the squad and a good deal at that price if it's accurate.

Must admit that my immediate reaction when I see us linked to a foreign player for £2m is that he must be shit and not worth buying. If he was any good he would cost a lot more imo.

Probably just a public threat for Nobby to start putting some crosses in (as some are suggesting he's lacking in), or else!

Bearing in mind the team he's playing for 2 mill would be about right, but i wouldn't be bothered if he cost 3 mill i reckon he's worth it.

He's still quite young, early 20's. So it's more planning for the future than giving Nobby a kick up the arse.

56076[/snapback]

You could be right S/O, you could be right.

Remind me, how many players have the press got us signing so far this year?? ;)

Paper doing the 2+2=5 thing after Souness was rumoured to have gone to see the Liverpool game recently!

Wouldnt get your hopes up!

56306[/snapback]

I know, he was really looking at Cisse to see what he'd be like as a partner for Owen. ;)

56522[/snapback]

Crouch you mean ;)