Ashley's £20m Is NOT For Transfers!

ryanward

Chris Hughton put the record straight last night on Sky Sports. The £20m pledged by Mike Ashley will NOT go on transfers.

Hughton seemed a little perplexed when asked about the £20m Ashley said he was "putting into the club".

The new Toon boss explained the money would go into "the day to day maintenance of the club, not on transfers".

Asked if he would be delving into the transfer market in January he replied: "We will sit down and talk about it.

"I have been given the go-head to bring in some loan signings."

http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk/news/...W&id=470386

A championship club spending £20m on transfers is like a mini Man City, cheating!

Of course he wasn't going to put it to transfers the £20m is entirely fictional so that southern journalists side with the fat man!

Chris Hughton put the record straight last night on Sky Sports. The £20m pledged by Mike Ashley will NOT go on transfers.

Hughton seemed a little perplexed when asked about the £20m Ashley said he was "putting into the club".

The new Toon boss explained the money would go into "the day to day maintenance of the club, not on transfers".

Asked if he would be delving into the transfer market in January he replied: "We will sit down and talk about it.

"I have been given the go-head to bring in some loan signings."

http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk/news/...W&id=470386

WOW, Really?? Never!!!

:D

A championship club spending £20m on transfers is like a mini Man City, cheating!

Of course he wasn't going to put it to transfers the £20m is entirely fictional so that southern journalists side with the fat man!

Wish I could just make up 20m. Fat cunt.

The 20 million is to pay off outstanding transfer dealings by Freddy Shepherd.

This needs to be payed by the first week in November thats why he was desperate to sell before the end of October.

Prospective buyers would have seen this and thought fuck that he's trying to shaft us, hence fat fuck is still here, puppet boy is manager and the supporters shafted yet again

This needs to be payed by the first week in November thats why he was desperate to sell before the end of October.

Prospective buyers would have seen this and thought fuck that he's trying to shaft us, hence fat fuck is still here, puppet boy is manager and the supporters shafted yet again

I find it unlikely (given the club is now 'off the market') that Ashley's brilliant PR machine would choose to keep this information to themselves. Which transfers are you on about btw?

I dont belive that, ot saying you're making it up btw just as Alex says his "PR machine" (he really should disband that) would have been making out that its all Freddys fault.

I honestly now think that any outstanding transfer amounts will not be paid. Hes seen what the FA have done to Portsmouth and thought "gettin, a ready made excuse for no purchases in January".

I find it unlikely (given the club is now 'off the market') that Ashley's brilliant PR machine would choose to keep this information to themselves. Which transfers are you on about btw?

They only do lies though...

Same shit, different day. It always strikes me as funny that he's always going to 'invest £20mil ' and yet it never sees the light of day and no one in the press has cottoned onto this. Fuck me, it's the same figure each time too!

MA will point out the purchases of Guti, Nolan, Colo, Colo's agent etc as investment but ignore the fact he's sold half the club to fund it, made a profit and paid over the odds for the ones he's bought.

We'll buy no one in Jan, not even decent loan deals as we wont pay their wages and we wont get promoted this season unless we're lucky with injuries.

Wanker

What shits me even more is useless cunts like Alan Parry during last night's telecast repeat it as gospel that Ashley is taking the forward by investing a further 20M.

Are commentators that stupid? Good to see Shay refer to the club as "us" and "we" but you just know he was holding back when asked about the club's future now it's off the market and Hughton is now manager.

The fat man is a proven liar so it's reasonable to assume this is more hogwash. Why the media report this is as fact is beyond me. At best he'll just be covering operating expenses with funds he extracted from the club in the first place.

I expect he calls going for a shit "making a substantial deposit in an area of the business which is currently under water".