Will Liverpool qualify for the CL this season?

Park Life

I quite fancy them to come top 4 too. Can't see them winning the league but they'll get the CL cash all the same I reckon. I wouldn't be surprised if they scraped through their group in this year's competition either. They don't appear to have a lot of money however. I know they spent a canny bit on Johnson and Aquillani but that was balance out by Alonso going to Madrid. I think their net spend was only about £7m over the summer.

Come on Lyon, send the red bin dippers back to their council flats. I want any of the big 4 to go out early and do a Leeds as it serves them all right. If only Real madrid were made to pay for their debts over the years.

Lyon are playing shit, their game plan seems to be contain Liverpool and hit them on the break whenever possible. Pretty much the Liverpool doctrine. Pah I hate European football it's so shit when you have two defensive minded sides. Give me Arsenal or teams that play to score goals any day over this disgrace of a club. I say that like Liverpool have had a go, but only as they have no choice.

Supposed to be the cream on European football but what a snorefest. Two very ordinary sides. And just for the sickener Babel scores a screamer to make it a complete waste of time watching the match. Until the dying seconds that is :huh:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they went on to win the Europa League this season.

I was just saying that to a lad I work with this morning.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they went on to win the Europa League this season.

Then claim Rafa Benitez is a genius?

"Thank god Liverpool aren't actually mathematically eliminated yet. This gives the most naiive of their fans (i.e. roughly 50% of Liverpool) a false sense of hope and me the satisfaction of watching them when the red ship does finally go under. ;-) "

:huh:

It was great hearing Clive Tyldesley discussing the implications of Liverpool's 2nd goal as though it had already happened only for Lyon to then equalise.

It was great hearing Clive Tyldesley discussing the implications of Liverpool's 2nd goal as though it had already happened only for Lyon to then equalise.

:huh:

It was great in the boozer when the equaliser went in. I and three others jumped up and went mental, the rest looked GUTTED

Just had a look on skybet, liverpoo are 6/1 favourites for the uefa, a competition they're not even in yet. Bookies are even bigger thieves than scousers!

Just had a look on skybet, liverpoo are 6/1 favourites for the uefa, a competition they're not even in yet. Bookies are even bigger thieves than scousers!

Scouse bookies? :huh::nufc:

I think Liverpool are more hated than Man Utd.

It's a strange one (I despise them both) - I think before Man U started winning the titles there was a lot of hatred about the arrogance of their fans which lasted into the winning period. However I now think theres a bit of mellowing in hatred at large as people direct it more to the "bought" suvccess of Chelsea.

Conversely I think the "delusion" of Scousers that they have a divine right to the title is seeing an upsurge in hatred probably fuelled by the cheating of Gerrard and Torres.

I would also say that people who do remember what Liverpool were like (on and off the pitch) when they were top dogs will never lose that deep seam of hatred.