The Protests

timnufc

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody can be got to ..he wont be smiling forever : )

Can you really see this making him think one morning "oh these dont like me i think i'll sell"??

NO

He will when and only when we get promoted and someone pays him well over 100mil for the club.

Until then we can only make it as uncomfortable and embarrassing for him as possible.

I would tend to agree with what someone has said on here before (don't remember if it was in this thread...) but to me it seems a bit counter-productive. All these people are paying to enter into SJP to protest against MA when we all know that all he is interested in is the money. It wouldn't surprise me if he was coming to the games KNOWING that people will pay to come in and hurl the abuse at him.

Loved the second video from outside after the match... but then again there was that one lad with the new black and blue kit with NUFC 4 LIFE... again... contradictory.

Can you really see this making him think one morning "oh these dont like me i think i'll sell"??

NO

He will when and only when we get promoted and someone pays him well over 100mil for the club.

Until then we can only make it as uncomfortable and embarrassing for him as possible.

Not exactly true, he will sell as soon as someone offers him what he is looking for, which at this moment in time is £80million.

NO

Not exactly true, he will sell as soon as someone offers him what he is looking for, which at this moment in time is £80million.

dont think he will unfortunatley. he'll hang on and try and get promotion to sell "the product" at a better price. Fat lad will only sell us for that if we dont get promoted.

but of course nobody will buy us for that whilst we are in the CCC. catch 22 i'm afraid!!

Anyone can be pressurised into cracking up or giving up , its just a matter of the correct amount of pressure being applied in the right way for long enough : )

And then what though? you keep saying this, that we should protest, protest, protest until he sells.

The problem is that nobody (until now) has realistically attempted to buy the club, as much as I hate the fat twat I dont expect him to hand the keys over and say "there you go lads sorry about relegation and all that like"

So the only way to get him to sell is to find him a buyer. Something you're slagging us off for.

NO

dont think he will unfortunatley. he'll hang on and try and get promotion to sell "the product" at a better price. Fat lad will only sell us for that if we dont get promoted.

but of course nobody will buy us for that whilst we are in the CCC. catch 22 i'm afraid!!

No he will sell, trust me, we know how much we need and what the terms are, its simply a case of raising the cash. The man is desperate to sell.

NO

PP im sorry mate but thats just bullshit and you of all people should know we are being spun a fuckin line.

There is not a fuckin hope in hell he has any intention of selling the club for 80mil.....i mean would you?

Paid over 250mil for the club and looking likely to going straight back up and the clubs value increasing again?

While i respect you for what your doing, i think your bid, like many is futile and is going to fall by the wayside....Unfortunatly.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

PP im sorry mate but thats just bullshit and you of all people should know we are being spun a fuckin line.

While i respect you for what your doing, i think your bid, like many is futile and is going to fall by the wayside....Unfortunatly.

Its not though, this isnt the official line, its the line thats put about in the background, the line that is being told by the bankers, by the advisors and by those involved with Ashley. Anyone enquiring about the club is told "hand us £80m and its yours, lock stock and barrel".

You say, "like many" however up until this bid (should we raise the capital) none have been serious actual bids.

Anyone enquiring about the club is told "hand us £80m and its yours, lock stock and barrel".

Is that true though? No add-ons, contingencies, repayments of Ashley's loans?

Allegedly yes, I only have this on what we're told but like I say, its from people well connected and involved.

All along Ive been the one shouting that its not 100m once you add on the loans etc, now it appears that hes got to the point where he just wants out and I was wrong.

Anyone enquiring about the club is told "hand us £80m and its yours, lock stock and barrel".

Allegedly yes, I only have this on what we're told but like I say, its from people well connected and involved.

All along Ive been the one shouting that its not 100m once you add on the loans etc, now it appears that hes got to the point where he just wants out and I was wrong.

I still think £80m is too much for a Championship club, there's mid table Prem teams that probably aren't worth that much.

I still think £80m is too much for a Championship club, there's mid table Prem teams that probably aren't worth that much.

80m is too much for a championship club, however 80m for this championship club if it is no strings attached is a bargain.

Bolton, wigan, fulham :razz:

80m is too much for a championship club, however 80m for our championship club if it is no strings attached is a necessary evil.

fyp

I dont see £80m as a bargain at all because this club isnt what it was two years ago. Its a shell of its former self but it can be big again and it can be worth a lot more than that however thats the price and its down to us to

i) raise the purchase price,

ii) raise additional funds to get it back on its feet, and

iii) ensure it never again gets into this kind of mess.

80m is too much for a championship club, however 80m for our championship club if it is no strings attached is a necessary evil.

fyp

I dont see £80m as a bargain at all because this club isnt what it was two years ago. Its a shell of its former self but it can be big again and it can be worth a lot more than that however thats the price and its down to us to

i) raise the purchase price,

ii) raise additional funds to get it back on its feet, and

iii) ensure it never again gets into this kind of mess.

TBH after reading about the trust I think you/we have a good chance of buying the club. My fear is the same fear I had about Moat - I see trouble ahead in the investment in players side of things.

The Mackems have benefited from the Irish lot and now Short being able to seemingly spend amounts which look at the moment to be beyond anything but a "Sugar Daddy" type of owner. I'd be interested in reading how you'd reply to that.

Of course the trust would enhance the sense of belonging in the club to unprecedented levels but I feel that if this pride was only reflected in a mediocre team that the enthusiasm would wain.

TBH after reading about the trust I think you/we have a good chance of buying the club. My fear is the same fear I had about Moat - I see trouble ahead in the investment in players side of things.

The Mackems have benefited from the Irish lot and now Short being able to seemingly spend amounts which look at the moment to be beyond anything but a "Sugar Daddy" type of owner. I'd be interested in reading how you'd reply to that.

Of course the trust would enhance the sense of belonging in the club to unprecedented levels but I feel that if this pride was only reflected in a mediocre team that the enthusiasm would wain.

I understand everything you say and I have to say that I dont have all of the answers here, plus even the best laid plans can go to shit but I'll attempt to give some overview, all of the full info will be available tomorrow at the launch.

Basically, the ideal scenario is to raise a total of £300m, that sounds fanciful but as I said in a previous post elsewhere, that is only 12,000 investors world wide who stick their £25,000 pension investment in. That to me seems a realistic number of people who dont ever actually pull any money out, its not taking food from kids plates and its not meaning people take out loans or sell their cars to fund it. In its simplest form (I make it sound easy but obviously theres more to it) its a case of saying I want £25,000 of my current pension fund to be moved to this other one.

Thats not taking into account the actual cash investments from fans, businesses, workplaces etc, a lot of these are the £2,500 minimum some could be £500k, £1m £10m etc (and there are already pledges in the hundreds of thousands upwards).

So lets say we do get the full £300m, thats £80m to buy the club and £220m to run it. Each year we would be paying out a total of £6m in interest to everyone on their investments, compare that to the fact we were paying £4.8m on an overdraft of £40m (12%) and you can see straight away a financial benefit. An extra £1.2m outlay on what we were paying but an additional £220m to run the club, a large chunk of which would obviously be available for players.

Year on year theres nothing to stop new investors joining, every 40 of which would mean an additional £1m income however obviously theres a break point, each one of those 40 people would be getting £500 per year paid out, somewhere down the line you need to weigh up just how much is coming in and going out. Otherwise we could hit a point in 10 or 15 years time when we're paying out pensions and interest which exceeds our income. Thats where the financial and pension experts that are working on this come in, they know whats what and how to run it.

As we all know though, a successful, well run team will reap the benefits through the turnstiles and in merchandising. Link that team to the community and you could maximise the benefits to the club, the fans, the community and the city as a whole.

Theres always a risk nobody would deny that, theres a risk that this fails miserably and people dont invest, theres a risk that we buy the club, dont receive a great amount more and have to run it on a shoestring (but would that be any worse than Ashley? I doubt it!). At the same time theres the risk that the person currently running your pension fund does a Maxwell or even just cocks up totally and loses it all. At least this way we have some say over what happens.

Theres no better time to do this, in fact Id go so far as to say theres never going to be another chance like it. What I do know though is that theres no knight on a white horse rushing in, no Sheik with billions to spare going to pull us out of the shit. Its ourselves or Ashley, stark reality.

What I can say is that the world of football (and finance) is watching with baited breath to see what happens here.

I don't want to patronise you or the rest of NUST as you are doing a good job and must be a bright bunch but when you say pledges in the hundreds of thousands, surely you all know its easy to say "ill give you a hundred grand" but when you ask for it will you ever get it? Its nothing you can control but i'm just wondering if you have adjusted your pledge target to accommodate this? Im sure there must be statistics giving rough percentages of 'empty pledges'. Keep up the good work!

I don't want to patronise you or the rest of NUST as you are doing a good job and must be a bright bunch but when you say pledges in the hundreds of thousands, surely you all know its easy to say "ill give you a hundred grand" but when you ask for it will you ever get it? Its nothing you can control but i'm just wondering if you have adjusted your pledge target to accommodate this? Im sure there must be statistics giving rough percentages of 'empty pledges'. Keep up the good work!

These arent random pledges from nameless people on the internet, these are genuine, big name individuals or businesses, the sort of people that have that money as spare cash and more importantly wont really just deny making the agreement.

You keep saying that but we still have no names?

And why the fuck would you?

Do you want us to start listing the people who've pledged? we havent even launched yet. Those that want their names known will no doubt come out and say.

Im sure you said before the weekend you were releasing definite details today?

I said we were launching this week (tbf I may have incorrectly said Monday but I think it was decided to hold until Tuesday to see what went on at the weekend, protests etc), its tomorrow the official launch and even then though I wouldnt expect to see a nice big list of names and amounts, its not really something you should do, publish details of who has given what.

Anyone pledging cash though has to pay 10% of it to the holding solicitors as "Proof of Funds", this way we remove those that are talking crap and have no intention/ no funds.