Renaming of ground confirmed

Kid Dynamite

According to NUFC.COM

Sportsdirect@St James Park

"For the remainder of this season, we already have sportsdirect.com on the Gallowgate. We'd like to take that branding through the rest of the stadium and have on the outside where you see St.James now, 'sportsdirect.com @ St.James' Park' to showcase to whoever's out there who wishes to buy that package."

Cant believe they are actually doing it :huh:

Edited by Kid Dynamite

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, how about if someone happened to re-arrange the letters during the night?

Rot Sceptic Dorms @ St James' Park

Scrimped Cost Rot @ St James' Park

Predict Cross Tom @ St James' Park :huh::nufc::nufc:

Correct Dims Post @ St James' Park

I think it may be, for want of a better word, a "trap".

Does he, for some unknowable reason, want a massive crowd reaction on Saturday to this crock of shite? I can't think of a better way to virtually guarantee one.

It's the thin end of the wedge we're dealing with. Passive acceptance isn't an option. What message would that send to Ashley?

To the tune of "Go west...." by Pet Shop Boys

(Together) We will fly so high

(Together) When Ashley says goodbye

(Together) We will start life new

(Together) This is what we'll do

(Sports Direct) It's shit in there

(Sports Direct) But Mike doesn't care

(Sports Direct) Ashleys aint got a clue

(Sports Direct) How to say anything true

(ok, Im watching too much x-factor)

Can we burn the sign or something?

Sabotage is a good idea.

Rearrange the letters from sportsdirect.com to Scrimped Cost. Rot

Seriously someone should hypothetically take his website down for good.

discussing this on 5 live this morning, in a fairly piss-takey way. Just to hear Nicky Cambell saying "Sports Direct dot com at St James' Park Stadium" makes me want to hunt and kill those two tasteless greedy chav wankers.

Edited by trophyshy

Hmm, how about if someone happened to re-arrange the letters during the night?

Rot Sceptic Dorms @ St James' Park

Scrimped Cost Rot @ St James' Park

Predict Cross Tom @ St James' Park :huh::nufc::nufc:

Correct Dims Post @ St James' Park

We could even theme it and have me and Tom_NUFC predicting all the crosses.

Much better than sports direct!

I might be missing something,

The thread about it, the mention in another thread and the fact it's only the ground and not the club being renamed? :huh:

Unfortunately those imbeciles won’t see that in the bigger picture they’re devaluing the clubs marketing potential. The club has been ridiculed throughout the media and it’s profile tarnished by this chavtastic stadium naming.

But they’ll only see the profile of Sportsdirect.com which is all over the media and will be getting loads of website ‘hits’ to prove their point.

These morons are probably loving their ‘genius’ without realising that the media and the nation are all laughing at us and although the status of that chavy shop has increased, the club itself is being ridiculed (again) and it’s brand marketing potential has been severely damaged.

As well as the club not getting a penny out of it, they still haven’t sussed how to run a football club, or employed someone who does.

Unfortunately those imbeciles won’t see that in the bigger picture they’re devaluing the clubs marketing potential. The club has been ridiculed throughout the media and it’s profile tarnished by this chavtastic stadium naming.

But they’ll only see the profile of Sportsdirect.com which is all over the media and will be getting loads of website ‘hits’ to prove their point.

These morons are probably loving their ‘genius’ without realising that the media and the nation are all laughing at us and although the status of that chavy shop has increased, the club itself is being ridiculed (again) and it’s brand marketing potential has been severely damaged.

As well as the club not getting a penny out of it, they still haven’t sussed how to run a football club, or employed someone who does.

tbh Ive had the promotion of Sports Direct as being Ashleys aim from the very start of buying the club.

Sell lots of football gear in stores,

link stores with football club,

tell football players to win League,

rake in profits from club and additional sales in stores.

tbh Ive had the promotion of Sports Direct as being Ashleys aim from the very start of buying the club.

Sell lots of football gear in stores,

link stores with football club,

tell football players to win League,

rake in profits from club and additional sales in stores.

:huh:

With the way things are going I could fully cope with having this shambles completely written off and replaced by a new club invented by the fans, like FC United of Manchester did when they got pissed off with Man Utd's owners. Funny thing is when they did that they weren't even halfway as messed about as we've been! I guess there's AFC Wimbledon as well.

Hmm, thinking about it I wonder what sort of revenues would be needed to start a new team and what league you'd have to start off in? I mean with the sort of following we have what sort of money would that bring in to run a team? There would be no reason you couldn't keep many of the iconic things about the club, I wonder what the status is of leasing St James Park off the council? Get a consortium of legends to back the club with a little cash to get it going and appoint someone half decent as manager, someone who's already made their money and would do it for the love of the club. Perhaps even reinvent the club as either Newcastle FC, in theory it could just be another part of the club's history, like when the two clubs merged to form one in 1892, it would be a reformation or continuation after a partial destruction by Ashley. What's left of the current club would soon fall apart without the supporters and the new club could retain it's image and history. Actually, it wouldn't have to be a new club then, just a transition!

This whole sorry state would just be a temporary blip - it'd be one way to force the scumbag out. Plenty of options out there considering our original history, the fans would know who the real football club would be, even if it had to struggle for a few years building it's way back through the leagues it'd still be less of a pile of crap than what we've had to put up with for the past few years and it'd be something we could all get behind and follow. No reason several backers couldn't strongarm a team through the leagues over a short number of years with the right manager and decent players for the leagues they'd be in brought in by the extra financial clout we'd have.

Long term we could have something much better with worms like Ashley nowhere near it and still be supporting the same team, same heart, same city, just a slightly different name so as to avoid Ashley being able to do anything about it. The 'United' part of our name written off until such a time as it was able to be readopted at some point in the future if possible, or just consigned to the history books as a name the club had before it split away from a gangrenous limb and went on to better things.

Just a consideration that popped in to my head really, I'm ready to be shot down for it :huh:

With the way things are going I could fully cope with having this shambles completely written off and replaced by a new club invented by the fans, like FC United of Manchester did when they got pissed off with Man Utd's owners. Funny thing is when they did that they weren't even halfway as messed about as we've been! I guess there's AFC Wimbledon as well.

Hmm, thinking about it I wonder what sort of revenues would be needed to start a new team and what league you'd have to start off in? I mean with the sort of following we have what sort of money would that bring in to run a team? There would be no reason you couldn't keep many of the iconic things about the club, I wonder what the status is of leasing St James Park off the council? Get a consortium of legends to back the club with a little cash to get it going and appoint someone half decent as manager, someone who's already made their money and would do it for the love of the club. Perhaps even reinvent the club as either Newcastle FC, in theory it could just be another part of the club's history, like when the two clubs merged to form one in 1892, it would be a reformation or continuation after a partial destruction by Ashley. What's left of the current club would soon fall apart without the supporters and the new club could retain it's image and history. Actually, it wouldn't have to be a new club then, just a transition!

This whole sorry state would just be a temporary blip - it'd be one way to force the scumbag out. Plenty of options out there considering our original history, the fans would know who the real football club would be, even if it had to struggle for a few years building it's way back through the leagues it'd still be less of a pile of crap than what we've had to put up with for the past few years and it'd be something we could all get behind and follow. No reason several backers couldn't strongarm a team through the leagues over a short number of years with the right manager and decent players for the leagues they'd be in brought in by the extra financial clout we'd have.

Long term we could have something much better with worms like Ashley nowhere near it and still be supporting the same team, same heart, same city, just a slightly different name so as to avoid Ashley being able to do anything about it. The 'United' part of our name written off until such a time as it was able to be readopted at some point in the future if possible, or just consigned to the history books as a name the club had before it split away from a gangrenous limb and went on to better things.

Just a consideration that popped in to my head really, I'm ready to be shot down for it :huh:

When everyone's advocating boycotting, I had the thought that they could go to Gateshead instead.

I know loads of people who've said they aren't going in protest...but it's not a visible protest at all.

I refuse to stop going as do thousands of others. But I totally understand the desire to boycott.

Gateshead are at home the same day we have Swansea, if they were to get 11,000 in rather than the hundreds they usually get...and our attendance dropped accordingly that would get a lot of coverage and help out a local club.

It's also instant. Setting up a new club takes a lot of time.

When everyone's advocating boycotting, I had the thought that they could go to Gateshead instead.

I know loads of people who've said they aren't going in protest...but it's not a visible protest at all.

I refuse to stop going as do thousands of others. But I totally understand the desire to boycott.

Gateshead are at home the same day we have Swansea, if they were to get 11,000 in rather than the hundreds they usually get...and our attendance dropped accordingly that would get a lot of coverage and help out a local club.

It's also instant. Setting up a new club takes a lot of time.

Looking further ahead, on 28 Dec Gateshead have a home kick off at 3pm. Newcastle then kick off at 5.20pm.

Perhaps the NUST/Gateshead FC could organise big screens to be put on the pitch at full time for their game and 11,000 could stay behind having bought a match ticket and watch the toon included.

Very visible protest where the boycotting fans still get to see the game in a stadium with chanting and that to play up to the cameras.