Renaming of ground confirmed

Kid Dynamite

So there's going to be no financial gain to us?

Im not sure if SD pay the club for advertising at all. Maybe MA see's it as a benefit, maybe SD pay the going rate. Who knows. But it wouldnt surprise me at all if this was done at no cost to SD and in fact the club paid for the signs to be erected. :)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure if SD pay the club for advertising at all. Maybe MA see's it as a benefit, maybe SD pay the going rate. Who knows. But it wouldnt surprise me at all if this was done at no cost to SD and in fact the club paid for the signs to be erected. :)

I'm a bit concerned with how much of our advertising space is taken up by Sport Direct in the ground and whether the club is getting any money for it at all.

I'm a bit concerned with how much of our advertising space is taken up by Sport Direct in the ground and whether the club is getting any money for it at all.

Id echo that concern as well.

It seems fucking stupid even by his standards though. Surely it's closing a potential revenue stream (the ground naming itself and the adverts inside the ground). People were predicting this last season when it was announced as well, i.e. it was a precursor to calling it the Sports Direct stadium or whatever.

As an aside, how fucking cheap and nasty does that Sports Direct sign look on top of the Gallowgate? Awful. I also noticed that when they interviewed Pedro at the ground for the FIFA visit he was stratgically placed with the sign just above his shoulder. Cynical? Moi?

As an aside, how fucking cheap and nasty does that Sports Direct sign look on top of the Gallowgate? Awful. I also noticed that when they interviewed Pedro at the ground for the FIFA visit he was stratgically placed with the sign just above his shoulder. Cynical? Moi?

It's horrible, genuinely awful. When the fat twat finally pisses off I hope they auction off the chances to tear down each letter, it'll raise enough for a new striker.

He will cross-charge SD, makes more sense from an accounting and tax perspective than just throwing it up for nowt.

Surely he could just use our losses to offset SD profits?

Those two posts mean fuck all to me.

He will cross-charge SD, makes more sense from an accounting and tax perspective than just throwing it up for nowt.

If its legal, am sure he does. I dont know how the holding company relates to the other businesses but if its under a conglomerate umbrella then cross-charging a profit-maker from a loss (low profit) maker, makes financial sense.

Are the two approaches mutually exclusive?

Not mutually exclusive but both would have the same effect in the end, just if he is already off-setting our annual loss for tax purposes then cross-selling wouldn't be of any benefit to the overall group (and would likely cause problems in judging an arm's length price).

Edited by ewerk

Oh Vienna!

Click Here to voice your concerns to the planning permission section of the council.

You can be neutral, object or support the application.

Everybody has objected so far.

Clicked the link above

"We are unable to display this page at the moment. Please try again later."

Bit busy I'm guessing.

Oh Vienna!

:)

Oh Vienna!

:) very good.

Not mutually exclusive but both would have the same effect in the end, just if he is already off-setting our annual loss for tax purposes then cross-selling wouldn't be of any benefit to the overall group (and would likely cause problems in judging an arm's length price).

Got you.

Oh Vienna!

I'd laugh but I was thinking of that song when I posted it, hence the reason I said fuck rather than nothing.

Oh Vienna!

Very sharp :)

I think it's more just another example of him taking the piss / winding the fans up for the sake of it. Especially as it's difficult to see how it's going to generate extra revenue, which was the whole idea behind this, supposedly.

Fail to see what the fuss is tbh

You're fucking kidding, right?

I think it's more just another example of him taking the piss / winding the fans up for the sake of it. Especially as it's difficult to see how it's going to generate extra revenue, which was the whole idea behind this, supposedly.

Is the right answer.