Renaming of ground confirmed

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, I don't have a problem with this. The farce that is now Liverpool tends to show that Ashley's management plans of the business will pay dividends and in three years time we'll be one of the better off clubs.

Another MB I go on has a bloke on who regularly comes out with this kind of comment, unfortunately the MB doesn't have one of these...... :angry: ........on it.

Sorry guys, I don't have a problem with this. The farce that is now Liverpool tends to show that Ashley's management plans of the business will pay dividends and in three years time we'll be one of the better off clubs.

Another MB I go on has a bloke on who regularly comes out with this kind of comment, unfortunately the MB doesn't have one of these...... :angry: ........on it.

3 week ban on NO for using that smilie :lol:

I really don't get the logic with this one. Ashley knew how low he was with the fans, and you could say he had done a lot through the championship campaign to keep a low profile, takes a few blows and come out with a little more credability (although any from nothing is something).

And now to do this? In a lot of fans eyes his credability to 'have the fans in mind' has sunk to new depths, it's like stamping his footprint all over our ground. I really cold have taken this with a little bit more of a pinch of salt had it been a new sponsorship not associated with nufc previously, but to use his own store just feels like a kick in the teeth regardless of whether that was his intention. Hanging

A banner is one this, but painting it on the roof, for fuck sake it stinks of permanent.

We won't be the first ground to have branding on the outside, we certainly won't be the last. It's all a bit irrelevant and I can't say it bothers me that much. It's typical of the way football is nowadays.

As for the roof, I've always thought it was quite innovative of Brentford/emirates to advertise on the roof of Griffin Park. It works because hundreds of thousands of people pass it every week. There is no flightpath that goes anywhere near SJP, so it's all a bit pointless. So fuck if a few people can see it from level 7, it's not like they'd be able to miss the SD branding anyway.

For me, it's not where the branding is, it's that it's there at all.

Agreed, we are now basically SportsDirect FC, unofficially SD have virtually become our main sponsor. If you look at the press talks the backdrop contains the usual Premier League logo, Northern Rock and now SD. Sad as it is at the last game I decided to count just how many advertising hoardings were SD and its 37 SD, 39 for all others and 15 empty, thats not including the monstrosity on top of the Gallowgate. How many more games do we go with no MOTM sponsor before it becomes the property of SD?

Wouldn't be mint if it was Newcastle Brown Ale @ St.James' Park and they whacked a fuck off blue star on the Gallowgate.

However I would prefer no sponsor at all, obviously!

Wouldn't be mint if it was Newcastle Brown Ale @ St.James' Park and they whacked a fuck off blue star on the Gallowgate.

However I would prefer no sponsor at all, obviously!

Any sponsor that is actually providing some revenue to the club (i.e. actually sponsoring!!) would be borderline acceptable. The fact he's put his own brands all over the place is a fucking disgrace though.

It'd be like Bill Gates buying Harrods and lobbing Microsoft signs all around the place.

What really pisses me off is that they've spun this yarn about how they'll stick SD up there 'for now' to attract other sponsors. Why not be honest and admit they're just whoring the space available? Fuck off Ashley you fat cunt!

Could this back fire? now that SD is now inexorably tied to Newcastle United for the foreseeable future, will opposition fans choose a different vendor for their cheap tat? And proper fans certainly won't buy from there?

or am I just putting a ridiculously positive spin on this embarrassment?

Could this back fire? now that SD is now inexorably tied to Newcastle United for the foreseeable future, will opposition fans choose a different vendor for their cheap tat? And proper fans certainly won't buy from there?

So the signs are bad?... I'm surprised that they aren't both popular and bad at the same time? :lol:

So the signs are bad?... I'm surprised that they aren't both popular and bad at the same time? :lol:

Fuck off with that shit mate.

Fuck off with that shit mate.

Who the fuck are you talking to you cheeky fuckin' cunt. If you don't like what I post, put me on ignore.

I was talking to you, you boring, repetitive dullard.

You can't fucking help yourself can you?

Not content with posting upwards of 2 pages of shit arguing the meaning of goodie in another thread, you fucking start it in here.

In short, you're a cunt.

Neither good nor popular.

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Not content with posting upwards of 2 pages of shit arguing the meaning of goodie in another thread, you fucking start it in here.

In short, you're a cunt.

Provocative, just another one who'll happily type it but would never say it.

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

In short, you're a cunt.

:lol:

The fucking cheek of you calling me an Internet warrior.

In short, you're a cunt.

:lol:

The fucking cheek of you calling me an Internet warrior.

where did I call you that?