If I was President

peasepud

Ok, so we have a thread on how we're going to attempt a buyout and part of the plan is to install a president, selected by the fans to run the club.

If you were installed tomorrow as that person, what would be the first thing you'd do?

For me, Id raffle off the chance to operate the crane that will rip down the Sports Direct logo from the Gallowgate, sorry Sports Direct.com stand. I reckon we could make a few million in ticket sales alone, add to the fact we'd beam the whole thing live on Pay Per View and theres the running costs for next year sorted.

What would you do?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cancel the cheque for payment to the fat man after the deeds have been signed and he's left the building. I doubt there is a court in Newcastle that would back him. Oh and publish his and Dekka's current home address in the first program post cuntgate.

Rename the stadium as St James' Park.

Get rid of the sports direct sign.

Rename the stands as the Gallowgate End, Leazes End, Milburn Stand and Joe Harvey Stand.

Give season ticket holders half price entry to all cup games.

Terminate the contract of Nicky Butt and Geremi.

Rename the stands as the Gallowgate End, Leazes End, Milburn Stand and Joe Harvey Stand.

At last someone who has also recognised the achievments of this great man, IMO this is long overdue.

Edited by Jackies the Lad

I know on the pitch is paramount but I'd like to dig out the development plans for the metro station etc and see about developing the ground in the long term.

On the pitch I'd sack Shola.

I know on the pitch is paramount but I'd like to dig out the development plans for the metro station etc and see about developing the ground in the long term.

5/5 are you MAD? At least keep him till the end of the season.

From bitter experience that's his good spell over for the year.

• Ban anyone who pronounces school as skewl
  • Ban anyone who's initial reasons for supporting the club involved Kevin Keegan, and people from out of the area have to have a good excuse for not supporting their local club (parentage, moved away etc) and yes you can only have one club
  • Open a standing area for 25,000 people somewhere in the ground, thus raising capacity to over 65,000
  • Free admittance for the unemployed who can prove they are looking for a job
  • Impose a maximum wage of 40k a week, even in the Premiership, with unparalelled performance related pay
  • Demand maximum away allocations at every ground
  • Get rid of stewards in Level 7 and OB, letting the fans police themselves for all games

His spell of fitness seems to be. Funny how KK seemed to have him sussed pretty soon after all the previous managers had persevered with him.

His spell of fitness seems to be. Funny how KK seemed to have him sussed pretty soon after all the previous managers had persevered with him.

Thank god we got JFK who could spot the talent and hand him a new contract instead...

• Ban anyone who's initial reasons for supporting the club involved Kevin Keegan, and people from out of the area have to have a good excuse for not supporting their local club (parentage, moved away etc) and yes you can only have one club
  • Open a standing area for 25,000 people somewhere in the ground, thus raising capacity to over 65,000
  • Impose a maximum wage of 40k a week, even in the Premiership, with unparalelled performance related pay
  • Get rid of stewards in Level 7 and OB, letting the fans police themselves for all games

About as likely to ever happen as some of the policies spouted by your BNP mates.

Thank god we got JFK who could spot the talent and hand him a new contract instead...

Tbf it was either that or we'd be a striker down, had he left he certainly wasn't going to be replaced.

About as likely to ever happen as some of the policies spouted by your BNP mates.

Tired and desperate

Tbf it was either that or we'd be a striker down, had he left he certainly wasn't going to be replaced.

Trouble is, we usually are a striker down when it comes to Shola. And even when he plays the craic is normally he's not 100% fit etc.

Some good ones there like Stevie. Well, they're all 'good ones' but you know what I mean.

Tired and desperate

Try coming up with more than two policies that could actually work then.

At last someone who has also recognised the achievments of this great man, IMO this is long overdue.

There should definitely be something there for Joe Harvey.

Tired and desperate

Try coming up with more than two policies that could actually work then.

The skewl one is a bit harsh as it would probably rule out the likes of Tom, J69, Happy Face, CT, Jawdee, Ketsbaia and Jonny, none of which have a full blown mackem accent, but I just don't like hearing Wearside accents at the match personally. The second one probably couldn't work, shame though. The rest could easily work, and at the end of the day the question was what would you try to implement if you were president.

Edited by Stevie

There should definitely be something there for Joe Harvey.

There was a fair few who echoed those sentiments when a Bobby Robson stand was mooted in some quarters.