Newcastle 3-1 Peterborough

blackandwhiteboy

You're allowed more than one sentence in one post you know. :razz:

Edit : Ps - I think you've taken your point far enough. Far enough to make youirself look a bit of a twat tbf.

Well swivel on it tosser. You seem to think I'm pissing on dead soldiers, you should work on your comprehension skills.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would've been a nice gesture to have poppies sewn on the kits, but I bet the individual players were wearing them pre/post match on their suits. Hope so anyway.

Maybe so, but the idea that not doing so is shamefully disrespectful boils my piss.

It would've been a nice gesture to have poppies sewn on the kits, but I bet the individual players were wearing them pre/post match on their suits. Hope so anyway.

Maybe so, but the idea that not doing so is shamefully disrespectful boils my piss.

The dead of the world wars gave their lives so we could have that choice. I think showing some form of respect for that once a year is fair enough like.

I'm disappointed the players didn't make an incredibly simple gesture, that's not going over the top.

You're a patronising fuckwit Birch. I can form my own opinions and I don't read the Mail or have any interest in doing so.

You're allowed more than one sentence in one post you know. :D

Edit : Ps - I think you've taken your point far enough. Far enough to make youirself look a bit of a twat tbf.

Well swivel on it tosser. You seem to think I'm pissing on dead soldiers, you should work on your comprehension skills.

:razz:

Oh, and I made no reference to the topic at all. Don't be sucha fuckwit. I'm referring to you acting like a twat. For the record, I don't necessarily think they should have worn them.

The dead of the world wars gave their lives so we could have that choice. I think showing some form of respect for that once a year is fair enough like.

So you think the players were being disrespectful? You must think that, they were literally laughing in the faces of millions of dead?

Incidentally, there are reasons poppies aren't worn by footballers, why do you think some clubs get them sewn in? You can think about it for as long as you like.

Edited by Burch

So you think the players were being disrespectful? You must think that, they were literally laughing in the faces of millions of dead?

Incidentally, there are reasons poppies aren't worn by footballers, why do you think some clubs get them sewn in? You can think about it for as long as you like.

What are you on about? I said I bet the players wear them on their everyday clothes. I reckon most decent people do.

how the fuck has the match thread turned into an argument about embroidery.

We looked good today because Posh stood off us and gave us plenty of space in the first half. That flattered us, given that we've recently been exposed by mobile teams pressing us with a bit of pace. Things came off for Jonas today, and he seemed quite emotional after the goal. It was good to see every toon outfield player run up to join in the celebration. We threatened less when he went off. Harewood tried a lot more today, but there was at least one occasion when he gave up on a ball then changed his mind and managed to get it, but by then in a less dangerous position. Ranger continues to show a decent touch but I've still not seen any strikers instinct. Carroll took his header well, and Simpson's looping chip was class - Nolan nearly pulled off a similar effort later on. Peterborough came back in the second half, but that was probably due to our laziness. Harper pulled off 3 good saves before conceding the goal - his confidence is up and he looks a better shot stopper than earleir in the season.

I saw a couple of anti FCB bedsheets during the gane - one in the E Stand corner and another in the Gallowgate. Once the very long "rapist" banner was deployed (the wording of which was a tad OTT IMO - and I hate the fucker) after the game had finished and most fans had left, a bunch of stewards decided to intervene resulting in a comical bit of tug-of-war with the fans and stewards. From my spot in the East stand it looked like at least one steward ended up sprawled over the seats and I wouldn't be surprised if punches were exchanged.

Anyways.

Sounded like a good result for us. If we can keep going at home we should hopefully be fine. Great run from Jonas. Lets home he can carry that on agains the lower teams.

Class goal by simpson. Either way if he meant it or not.

Burch must have caught his lass getting fucked by the binman or summat. Talk about a rabid overreaction. Yeah, Tom's comment was a bit daft IMO, but so fuckin' what?

Back to the football. As an expert said last week, three points is three points :razz::D

3pts.jpg

A more poignant 3 pts.

That was the best we've played all season in my opinion and it was good to see Jonas finally get a goal! The contest was over by 3-0 and it was disappointing to concede but it was only a consolation.

Why didn't the football league show that superb save Harper made on Mickail Smith? shame! :razz:

Well played but that's the worst team I've seen up here in some time. They were negative in terms of men behind the ball but they never even put any pressure on us when we were in possession, allowing us time to play.

Well played but that's the worst team I've seen up here in some time. They were negative in terms of men behind the ball but they never even put any pressure on us when we were in possession, allowing us time to play.

Fatal mistake. We're a cross between Brazil '70 & Holland '74 when we're given time and space :razz:

I ken fit ya mean liyk.

I hear it was one-sided, yet they scored and 'Harper made some great saves towards the end'. ??? Sounds typical NUFC - nerve chilling right to the end.