Newcastle 3-1 Peterborough

blackandwhiteboy

Apologies if I've missed it but I can't see another thread so I thought I'd kick off pre-match proceedings for this week.

Maybe a good chance to increase our lead at the top, what with West Brom having to travel to Leicester. I'm feeling positive and reckon we'll be too strong for them and will win 2 or 3-0.

There's a Championship preview here tipping Newcastle and Leicester for wins. The guy who writes it is generally pretty accurate (Mark Lawrenson he is not!) so lets hope for another good weekend for him and us.

Thoughts? Predictions? Team news? Etc etc

Edited by MattM4

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Living as close to Peterborough as I do and knowing what their fans are like, not to mention how cocky their manager is I really hope we beat them rather heavily. As long as our boys perform we should be okay, they only managed to beat us in the cup because we fielded a very weakened team (and when POSH won that they treated it like a cup final!).

I reckon we owe them a pasting for the "Blue Brazil" nonsense

The way we played did make them look quite good - Mackail-Smith, who was one of their best players in that game imo, is out I think, so their only real threat will be Boyd. It'll be nice to put them back in their place firmly in the relegation zone- should be comfortable victory, hopefully a clean sheet.

Edited by JonGoodwyn

One of the worst bit of random violence I ever saw at a game was a kid in a Rangers shirt get smashed in the head with a broon ale bottle at our game at London Road in 1992. the kid had a southern accent, I don't know if he was one of our fans are not.

Was just reading a couple of the the articles in the ronny gill before, Harper was saying everyone is in high spirits and ready for a bit of payback, I just hope this happens and we thrash the twats 5-0, it would be lovely.

But more than likely the usual will happen and we'll cling on for a 2-1 win :razz:

Nolan & Carroll the scorers.

Team for today:

Harper, Collocini, Enrique, Simpson, Taylor, Nolan, Guthrie, Smith, Jonas, Carroll, Harewood

Subs: Lovenkrands, Taylor, Geremi, Butt, Ranger, Kadar, Krul

That bench is terrible...

Ranger is the only "danger" man on there

why not have LuaLua on there? at least he's got pace and commitment

I like the fact Hughton seems to of grown a set when it comes to droppin Nicky Butt although his decision to start Harweood infront of Ranger confuses me. I know he may look at it as Harewood has experience and Ranger is still a bit green but Ranger offers so much more to the team.

Still going for 3-0...

And how the hell is Harewood starting? He's been rubbish (I hope I have egg on my face after the match, but can't see that being the case).