Robben to leave Chelsea?

Craig

He's been strongly linked with Spurs over the weekend. I can see the attraction to him - Dutch coach, remaining in London, playing alongside Davids, etc., but if he is leaving, I'd be hugely disappointed if we didn't make an approach for him.

We'd only have an outside chance of getting him and he'd cost a fair bit, but if the club are as ambitious as they say they are, these are the types of players we need to be moving for. Solano at 31 won't be around forever and Luque when fit is likely to be playing up front from next season so alongside N'Zogbia, we really do need to be looking for more strength on the flanks.

It would be a coup to pinch him ahead of Spurs, but we managed that with Parker...

Thoughts?

I'd have him here in a shot but I'd be pretty surprised to see him leave Chelski.

56105[/snapback]

Agreed, but it's strongly rumoured down this way that him and Mourinho have had enough of each other...

I'd have him here in a shot but I'd be pretty surprised to see him leave Chelski.

56105[/snapback]

Agreed, but it's strongly rumoured down this way that him and Mourinho have had enough of each other...

56107[/snapback]

Another temperamental foreign winger? No thanks ;)

Knew someone would say that! ;)

Is there any foreign winger who is not temperamental though?

Am I right in thinking that Robben was a Kenyon signing rather than a Ranieri/Mourinho capture?

Knew someone would say that! ;)

Is there any foreign winger who is not temperamental though?

Am I right in thinking that Robben was a Kenyon signing rather than a Ranieri/Mourinho capture?

56111[/snapback]

I think that was the speculation.

Still nice to see a few potential cracks appearing at Chelsea. Just a shame the rest of the country needs things like that to compete with them.

And sobering to think that even if he does leave, Wright Phillips is ready to come in.

do teams like Milan or Barcelona play with wingers? I haven't seen them.

56250[/snapback]

Marc Overmars murdering Andy Griffin in the Nou Camp springs to mind. I was there btw, propa supafan me like ;)

I'd love to see him here too. Although he seems injury prone. ;)

56248[/snapback]

My thoughts, no doubt he has a hell of a lot of talent but could we afford the pushing £10m it would cost to sign him when he could spend have the time on the injury table with KD!?

;)

He wont leave. This is just a small dip in his relationship with Jose. Mourinho is a master at keeping his players happy and there is no way he would let go of Robben - espicially after he has shown what a super talent he is.

I've heard Henry has fallen out with Wenger, and won't re-sign his contract.

I think we should make a move for him, because he'd play lush with Owen.

56527[/snapback]

It's not that long ago that you reckoned people who thought Michael Owen would sign for us had their head in the clouds....

;)

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...970entry17970

56527[/snapback]

It's not that long ago that you reckoned people who thought Michael Owen would sign for us had their head in the clouds....

;)

56657[/snapback]

I know, I was wrong. That's why we should go for Henry, because we can sign anyone and we want, money no object!

56527[/snapback]

;)

56657[/snapback]

I know, I was wrong. That's why we should go for Henry, because we can sign anyone and we want, money no object!

56660[/snapback]

I think most of us were a tad cynical regarding Owen coming here. Especially after the Rooney saga and our poor league campaign. In any case, signing Owen, if anything, makes it less likely that we would sign Robben as we probably wouldn't have the cash even if he were available.