Yes we can

trophyshy

I gave up on the NUST when they sent me an email last week telling me to support "Geordie Joe" in the X-Factor final tbh...

Seriously? who the fuck authorised sending out that kind of shit to everyone? luckily I didnt get it like.

Yes We Can turns to Yes He Can - Vote Joe in X Factor - Joe and hisfamily are big Newcastle fans - as is his mentor Cheryl Cole - best ofluck to Joe.

<_<

I got one of these too. :(

straight in the trash bin I'm afraid.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The initial phase of the proposed fans / business / city buyout of the club has now come to an end. The past 6 weeks has been all about getting the idea out there and giving fans the chance to register their interest in the idea of buying a stake in the club. NUST have continued the work with our professional partners behind the scenes to build a framework which will hopefully enable everybody to have the chance to buy a small part of Newcastle United.

Like many of you, we are all impatient to see things moving on. We understand that fans have been frustrated by the lack of visible progress, but a lot has happened, relationships have been cemented ande there is real and tangible interest from the city in what we are doing. However, the full plan will only be unveiled when all the boxes are ticked because we know that everything has to be right as we’ll only get one chance at this. And remember it took the Magpie Group over 2 years to acquire control of the club - we can make one promise and that is that the proposal we are working on with partners won't take that long! In the January the campaign will pick up again and details will be put out into the public domain when it’s possible. The interest and support shown so far by the fans has been overwhelming but we would urge anybody who hasn’t already to visit www.nust.org.uk and register <http://www.nust.org.uk/yeswecanregister> with the ‘Yes We Can’ campaign.

This doesn’t commit you to anything but will ensure you will receive updates as and when we have them, plus it means you will receive the prospectus as soon as it’s ready. Just as importantly the institutions and business people who are backing this scheme need to be shown that the Newcastle public have the appetite to play their part in buying the club. This will only work if fans have the desire to help shape the future of our great club so please register here if you haven’t already.

<http://www.nust.org.uk/yeswecanregister>

The Trust handed out 10,000 postcards to fans at the Swansea game and a further 10,000 at the Watford game and the end of phase one was marked by the hanging of the giant Shearer shirt - which once adorned the Angel of the North - being hung from the Castle Keep along with the Yes We Can Flag. Read article here http://www.nust.org.uk/iconic-shirt-draws-...we-can-campaign

Finally I’d like to invite you to join us for the Trust’s very first Christmas party on Thursday 7th January, some light relief after the stresses of the festive period. On the night we will have entertainment provided by two stars of the comedy circuit that also happen to be big Newcastle fans - Gavin Webster and Simon Donald. Earlier this year they went down a storm at a Trust comedy night and tickets are sure to sell fast, so get in quick. The party will be at the Tyneside Irish centre on Gallowgate with doors opening at 7pm and the entertainment kicking off at 8pm. Tickets are only £6 each and can be ordered from our online store here <http://nust.bigcartel.com/>

or from behind the bar in the Strawberry.

I think its safe to say we've all been frustrated by what appears to be a lack of actual progress (none more so than me). Numerous times I've made promises on here, N-O and a dozen other message boards stating that further info would be out soon. Trouble is, its fairly easy to come up with these plans but when the actual in-depth work starts then you start getting into the territory of solicitors, financial rules and such like. This has turned out to be an eye opener for us, being told you cant "release this info" or cant "do anything with that until object A of document X has been agreed" has gone against the ethos of the whole campaign and the Trust itself. That has been hard for us to work with but its what you would call a necessary evil, these are the people with the important experience and knowledge in these areas and what they say goes.

If only we'd known all this at the start then we would have been able to play out the six weeks differently and would have given everyone that view from the start. It is important though that everything is done properly, we will only get one chance at this, do it right and everything will come together, get it wrong and its all over, we cant ever attempt a fans buyout again because people will quite rightly look back at this one and say "it failed last time so its not worth trying".

So from me personally, thats an apology however it goes with what we were doing, we've not asked anyone to actually hand over any money yet, simply register to say you'd be interested to know more. This is what is used by the big backers and financial industries to decide how popular this is going to be and its chances of working. Already we have what we believe to be a high enough level of support but its important that we get as high a number as possible.

As soon as the full info is out (which will be in the next couple of weeks...honest :() then I will get it out on here.

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Supporter

Happy New Year from NUST!

2010 starts with phase 2 of the ‘Yes We Can’ (YWC) campaign,setting out our plan that will lead to negotiations with our club on a‘fan led movement’ that will bring about new ownership with as little pain as possible for both sides. YWC will continue to support the team but also pose the difficult questions for the current owners in a constructive way and most importantly, to continue the momentum to build a formal business plan, leading to a prospectus which will detail options of investment for fans, businesses, individuals andinvestment companies alike.

Our investment team is now in place but we need the continued support of you, the fans, to show the businesses and investment companies that Newcastle United FC is a sound investment that is rooted in the city and its communities.

Simply signing up on here <http://www.nust.org.uk/yeswecanregister>to Yes We Can will demonstrate to other potential investors that thefans should lead ‘change’ at SJP. It doesn’t cost you anything but it does show that you believe that we can be part of a more positive future where fans are partners in a ‘new’ Newcastle United.

On the field we may be top of the league but our hopes and expectations have been lowered to such a level that simply not selling our players will be trumpteted by Mr Llambias as a victory. While the Trust and its partners recognise the harsh realities of the ever changing world of football we have higher aspirations than that.

January 2010 promises to be an exciting month, there is a lot ofactivity and potentially positive announcements. As supporters of the Trust you will be pleasantly surprised just how far the Trust has come in the short months since its formation. It is the fastest growing Trust in the country with the most ambitious agenda.

On that note, you will be receiving an e-mail on 15 Jan announcing our partners and how the YWC campaign will continue over the coming weeks, so if you haven't already then please sign up to find out more here<http://www.nust.org.uk/yeswecanregister>.

Regards

Neil Mitchell

Interim Chair

NUST The Newcastle United Supporters Trust is the trading name of NewcastleUnited Supporters Society Limited, registered under the Industrial andProvident Societies Act 1965 -78. Registration Number 30721R

From the times

The Newcastle United Supporters Trust have received a startling response to their attempts to buy a substantive stake in the Coca Cola Championship club, with fans to date pledging well in excess of £50m in support of the bid.

The Times understands that more 6000 fans have responded to the ‘Yes We Can’ campaign with offers of financial backing, with around 4000 prepared to fund a minimum of £1500 and another 2000 signalling their willingness to invest £25,000 from their pension funds.

While no money has yet been collected and the NUST’s financial advisors have cautioned that up to half of the pledges may not be followed through, the figures still represent a strong desire on behalf of fans to have a say in the future running of Newcastle, which is presently owned by Mike Ashley, the sportswear retailer.

The NUST also claim to have significant backing from wealthy individuals and North East-based businesses, details of which they will announce in the coming weeks.

With Chris Hughton’s players responding to the off-field difficulties of last summer by opening up a six-point lead at the top of the division, supporters have responded in an equally positive manner. Ashley’s three-year tenure at St James’ Park has brought five managers, relegation, numerous controversies and two failed attempts to sell-up.

“The take-up has been astounding and demonstrates fans have the appetite to back the ‘Yes We Can’ campaign,” a source close to the NUST said last night. “It also shows that fans are still sceptical about the intentions of the present owners and see an alternative as preferable to the uncertainty that surrounds investment plans for the future.”

Newcastle City Council are to consider a cross-party motion offering their support to the NUST. “This is not intended as a pop at the current owners,” John Shipley, the council leader, said. “It’s saying we feel frustration at the events of the last decade and all the shenanigans of managers and owners, which we feel has had an effect on the reputation of the club and a rub-off on the reputation of the city.”

Im not gona lie here, i dont want this to happen, its a painful death waiting to happen, the fat man and that other twat dont know how to run a football club, they have money to (just about) keep the club going. Whats saying some fans setting up an organisation is gona run a club. I wish this does not happen to our club :icon_lol: long gone are the days of mighty Newcastle :icon_lol:..

I gave up on the NUST when they sent me an email last week telling me to support "Geordie Joe" in the X-Factor final tbh...

Seriously? who the fuck authorised sending out that kind of shit to everyone? luckily I didnt get it like.

Yes We Can turns to Yes He Can - Vote Joe in X Factor - Joe and hisfamily are big Newcastle fans - as is his mentor Cheryl Cole - best ofluck to Joe.

:icon_lol:

I tend to delete these now. :icon_lol:

• 1 month later...
The initial phase of the proposed fans / business / city buyout of the club has now come to an end. The past 6 weeks has been all about getting the idea out there and giving fans the chance to register their interest in the idea of buying a stake in the club. NUST have continued the work with our professional partners behind the scenes to build a framework which will hopefully enable everybody to have the chance to buy a small part of Newcastle United.

Like many of you, we are all impatient to see things moving on. We understand that fans have been frustrated by the lack of visible progress, but a lot has happened, relationships have been cemented ande there is real and tangible interest from the city in what we are doing. However, the full plan will only be unveiled when all the boxes are ticked because we know that everything has to be right as we’ll only get one chance at this. And remember it took the Magpie Group over 2 years to acquire control of the club - we can make one promise and that is that the proposal we are working on with partners won't take that long! In the January the campaign will pick up again and details will be put out into the public domain when it’s possible. The interest and support shown so far by the fans has been overwhelming but we would urge anybody who hasn’t already to visit www.nust.org.uk and register <http://www.nust.org.uk/yeswecanregister> with the ‘Yes We Can’ campaign.

This doesn’t commit you to anything but will ensure you will receive updates as and when we have them, plus it means you will receive the prospectus as soon as it’s ready. Just as importantly the institutions and business people who are backing this scheme need to be shown that the Newcastle public have the appetite to play their part in buying the club. This will only work if fans have the desire to help shape the future of our great club so please register here if you haven’t already.

The Trust handed out 10,000 postcards to fans at the Swansea game and a further 10,000 at the Watford game and the end of phase one was marked by the hanging of the giant Shearer shirt - which once adorned the Angel of the North - being hung from the Castle Keep along with the Yes We Can Flag. Read article here http://www.nust.org.uk/iconic-shirt-draws-...we-can-campaign

Finally I’d like to invite you to join us for the Trust’s very first Christmas party on Thursday 7th January, some light relief after the stresses of the festive period. On the night we will have entertainment provided by two stars of the comedy circuit that also happen to be big Newcastle fans - Gavin Webster and Simon Donald. Earlier this year they went down a storm at a Trust comedy night and tickets are sure to sell fast, so get in quick. The party will be at the Tyneside Irish centre on Gallowgate with doors opening at 7pm and the entertainment kicking off at 8pm. Tickets are only £6 each and can be ordered from our online store here <http://nust.bigcartel.com/>

I think its safe to say we've all been frustrated by what appears to be a lack of actual progress (none more so than me). Numerous times I've made promises on here, N-O and a dozen other message boards stating that further info would be out soon. Trouble is, its fairly easy to come up with these plans but when the actual in-depth work starts then you start getting into the territory of solicitors, financial rules and such like. This has turned out to be an eye opener for us, being told you cant "release this info" or cant "do anything with that until object A of document X has been agreed" has gone against the ethos of the whole campaign and the Trust itself. That has been hard for us to work with but its what you would call a necessary evil, these are the people with the important experience and knowledge in these areas and what they say goes.

If only we'd known all this at the start then we would have been able to play out the six weeks differently and would have given everyone that view from the start. It is important though that everything is done properly, we will only get one chance at this, do it right and everything will come together, get it wrong and its all over, we cant ever attempt a fans buyout again because people will quite rightly look back at this one and say "it failed last time so its not worth trying".

So from me personally, thats an apology however it goes with what we were doing, we've not asked anyone to actually hand over any money yet, simply register to say you'd be interested to know more. This is what is used by the big backers and financial industries to decide how popular this is going to be and its chances of working. Already we have what we believe to be a high enough level of support but its important that we get as high a number as possible.

As soon as the full info is out (which will be in the next couple of weeks...honest :icon_lol:) then I will get it out on here.

Whats the latest with NUST? Is it still on the go or in any sort of communication with the club?

As soon as the full info is out (which will be in the next couple of weeks...honest ;)) then I will get it out on here.

Whats the latest with NUST? Is it still on the go or in any sort of communication with the club?

They're acting 'reasonably'. :icon_lol:

Is there any indication Ashley still wants to sell up?

Could you trust him if he said he did?

True :icon_lol: I'm just wondering if we should now change the name to "No he won't" ;)

Its one thing people pledging money to the cause, but its another when they call for it all and a large number of those cannot afford to anymore. Imo wont happen and shouldnt happen, at least not outright. This type of buy-out will not work at NUFC, however it may if going in with another investor 50/50. This way the fans get their say in the running and half the cost of investment is needed.