A Toontastic Share

Scottish Mag

What's with all this waffling shit, about, upto, no more than, between, around?

Make a concrete statement fer fucks sake, you know how much your good for, or how much you can afford, or how much it means to you to chip into the cause.

As it happens I have 50 quid tucked in my passport left over from my last visit home and will gladly contribute in a heart-beat. All I need is someones mailing address to send it to(I don't want to be deluged with all your fucking addresses). ;)

Put me on the list, put me down for 50 quid, and send me one address, preferably the person who's going to put it all in place.

Because flexibility may be required because exact numbers aren't known yet. I thought that much was obvious tbh.

Edit: I see others have already explained that so maybe you aren't the only senile old cunt on here after all.

Edited by alex

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noelie man, read the rest of the thread. People are saying up £150 or whatever, because it depends on the number of share we have the money to buy for. We're talking about £30, £50, £100 & £150 share buy ins.

If the £150 one is full, my £150 could be split between a £50 one and the £100 one. Alternatively, if there isn't enough space, in the £50 one (and not enough names to buy another one) then I'll only be able to chip in £100 of my (up to) £150.

I'm in for £30, but we'll need to think very seriously about the legal issues involved. I think it may have to be ruled that no individual can have more than 'one' vote in total; even if that 'one' is made up of 3 x 1/20th vote + 2 x 1/50th vote etc etc. This would mean that if you invested separately you wouldn't be able to be part of a group investment. Otherwise what's to stop Freddy Shepherd (or anyone else) from creating 100s of legal entities, each of which buys one share? I also think that a trust (or other legal entity) will need to be set up for each share that is purchased.

how about we have one investment, people can pay what they like but they get one vote per pound?

so those of us putting in £150 get 5 times as much say as those putting in £30.

If you dont want to get outvoted then put more in! ;)

how about we have one investment, people can pay what they like but they get one vote per pound?

so those of us putting in £150 get 5 times as much say as those putting in £30.

If you dont want to get outvoted then put more in! ;)

Who wants to come in a syndicate with me? I'll put £751 in. ;)

How do you plan to use your votes like?

Say there's a decision to be made and you put it up for vote and end up with a 75% vs 25% result with extra voting power given to higher investors.

If you had four shares in the trust would you enter 3 votes one way and one the other? Or all 4 with the majority? Or would the members be grouped from the get-go and polls would be held amongs contributers to each individual share? ie 4 shares...4 polls.

Perhaps it would be worth setting up a survey to group like minded fans in the same share. So for example, when it comes to voting on whether anyone outside of a 2 mile radius from Newcastle can get into the stadium I don't have Stevie voting against me in my group.

....not that I'm taking part like ;)

Edited by Happy Face

Say there's a decision to be made and you put it up for vote and end up with a 75% vs 25% result with extra voting power given to higher investors.

If you had four shares in the trust would you enter 3 votes one way and one the other? Or all 4 with the majority? Or would the members be grouped from the get-go and polls would be held amongs contributers to each individual share? ie 4 shares...4 polls.

Perhaps it would be worth setting up a survey to group like minded fans in the same share. So for example, when it comes to voting on whether anyone outside of a 2 mile radius from Newcastle can get into the stadium I don't have Stevie voting against me in my group.

....not that I'm taking part like ;)

Aww come on HF, please dont spoil our fun...... ;)

Here Noelie, when was the last time you came over the UK?

For 2 months in 2004 Mr.Pud.

Was in the habit of going home every 3 years and should have been back in 2007 but my wife became terminally ill with cancer in 2005 and I couldn't/wouldn't go anywhere. She died last year and I considered going home this year but decided I wasn't up to it and will do it next year for sure.

Since retiring in 1993 my visits have been for 2 months and always geared to our first home game of the season. In 2004 managed to see 5 games and met Bobby Robson 5 days before he was fired.

Here Noelie, when was the last time you came over the UK?

For 2 months in 2004 Mr.Pud.

Was in the habit of going home every 3 years and should have been back in 2007 but my wife became terminally ill with cancer in 2005 and I couldn't/wouldn't go anywhere. She died last year and I considered going home this year but decided I wasn't up to it and will do it next year for sure.

Since retiring in 1993 my visits have been for 2 months and always geared to our first home game of the season. In 2004 managed to see 5 games and met Bobby Robson 5 days before he was fired.

Noelie, I'm really sorry to hear about your wife.

....not that I'm taking part like :D

I wouldn't dream of it. I have the highest hopes for the whole endeavour.

Can't wait to see *insert name of Ameobi hater* blow his stack when forced to vote in favour of giving Ameobi a new contract though ;)

Can't wait to see *insert name of Ameobi hater* blow his stack when forced to vote in favour of giving Ameobi a new contract though :D

;)

I cant bother my head with all the shenanigans of how this will all work...I'm purely at the, this is an exciting, 'from the heart' idea!

Edited by Toonraider

Bet Noelie's £50 never materialises btw ;)

Really, then you should be the one who sends me the mailing address I asked for................ seeing as how you are a reckless gambler. ;)

If each entity can only have one share, then surely Toontastic can only make one investment. Can we really stack up several of them at £1,500 each?

Edited by Garry

Aww come on HF, please dont spoil our fun...... :D

Can't wait to see *insert name of Ameobi hater* blow his stack when forced to vote in favour of giving Ameobi a new contract though :D

;)

I cant bother my head with all the shenanigans of how this will all work...I'm purely at the, this is an exciting, 'from the heart' idea!

Me neither, darling. I'm so fucking confused by it all I'm considering just going and buying the club mesel! Oh, and there'll still be enough for your new shoes aswell (just as long as that's all you will be wearing ;))(though black stockings are always acceptable :yes )