Newcastle United 3-0 Swansea City

Guest Stevie

Good result in the end but im dissapointed we sat back and didnt push on for more...anyway job done and some good performances.

Will Smithy ever score? haha poor lad

Never liked Smith , until this season where he has looked really good playing as a holding

midfielder , far better than Butt.

I really hope we can hang on to him .

Slight contradiction. :razz:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange old match that!

We were playing really well for 30 mins or so and rocketed into 3-0 lead then last 10-15 mins of first half we struglled a bit. Second half was nearly all Swansea with Krul making 2 or 3 saves to go with the 2 Harper made first half and shots were blocked or cleared off the line and yet we nearly ended it with a Smith goal!!!

Thought Colo was clear man of the match, both keepers did their job, both strikers scored though weren't amazing all round but job done and the new french lad made a promising cameo showing some pace and attacking instinct and setting it on a plate for Smith.

Can't complain though, 3-0 against the second best defence behind us in the league and a little more of a gap opens up between the top 2 and the rest.

Brilliant result but on listening to the radio commentary we were bloody lucky to keep a clean sheet. Seems like we played well until the last 10 minutes or so in the first half and then got back to normal.

Seems like the second half was all one-way traffic going in the wrong direction.

Can't buy this sitting back excuse, I believe Swansea came out for the second half with some real purpose and outplayed us. What's the story on this new player? I know he came on real late but his name wasn't mentioned once by the commentator after he made his appearance.

Let's hope it doesn't get to goal difference at the end cos West Brom are certainly racking up them goals.

I spent this morning on a train having some good craic with a Swansea fan and with their recent form was really looking forward to this game. I took him for beers at the Adelphi and Strawberry and fed him a Greggs stottie. He'll be drinking Dog next! Apparantly only 5 or so seasons ago Swansea were playing Darlo and bottom of Div 2, had been taken to the cleaners by a dodgy owner and were on the verge of bancruptcy. Since then theyve been bought out by a local consortium - 20% owned by a Supporters Trust, 80% by local businesses. Promoted to the Fizzy Pop league last season they finished 7th(ish). Their biggest buy cost £500k and no-one earns more than £7k per week. And the club runs at a profit.

They clearly like to play the ball from defence on the deck, have good pace, but too many midgets. I think it was Nathan Dyer on the right wing who beat Enrique for pace - a rare sight. Angel Rangel, their RB (with probably the funkiest name ever) had good skills going forward but was exposed early on by Guti and their defence began making unforced errors. I'm not sure whether Leon Britton was selected for his financial acumen or his footballing skills. Sorry.

In the first 30 mins Harewood scored 2 goals but did nowt else for the rest of the game. Lova only scored one but was generally busy and looked good against this non-physical opposition. The next 50 mins was almost all Swansea as we sat back but they couldn't break us down with 2 good saves by Harps and 1 by Krul. Near the end Pancrate came on and chased the ball down like a mad thing which raised the crowd and later laid on a perfect cross for Smith. The goalie committed himself, and Smith's shot still hit him. The score meant it didn't matter and we all laughed, but Smith was still visibly deflated. Ranger continues to show good skills but no strikers instinct.

I didn't see the "Fraud Investigation" banner.

Saylor was in the wars today. Apparantly he badly bust his lip in the Preston game and had to have a stitch in his gob. That split again today when he got a ball full belt in the face, having to swap his bloodied shirt for one with 15 and no name on the back. Later on he got another one in the nuts at eye wateringly full bore. Ouch!

Edited by Bibble

Good result in the end but im dissapointed we sat back and didnt push on for more...anyway job done and some good performances.

Never liked Smith , until this season where he has looked really good playing as a holding

No it isn't, you fucking prick.

What's the story on this new player? I know he came on real late but his name wasn't mentioned once by the commentator after he made his appearance.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=26238

I know all that Mr. Meenzer, what I actually meant was what was the story on his short performence against Swansea. I thought someone who was at the match could give an opinion.

What's the story on this new player? I know he came on real late but his name wasn't mentioned once by the commentator after he made his appearance.

I know all that Mr. Meenzer, what I actually meant was what was the story on his short performence against Swansea. I thought someone who was at the match could give an opinion.

He looked fast. Only had a couple of touches like so it's hard to tell what he is like technique-wise.

Slight contradiction. :P

:razz:

He picked up the ball once, ran 50 yards with it before taking a touch too many then ran another 100 yards around the pitch chasing to get it back.

It was hilarious, like the kids in the infants who all swarm after the ball.

Slight contradiction. :P

:razz:

He picked up the ball once, ran 50 yards with it before taking a touch too many then ran another 100 yards around the pitch chasing to get it back.

It was hilarious, like the kids in the infants who all swarm after the ball.

I thought he was just doing a lap at one point.

:P

Another game where we were passed off the park but never looked like slipping up. Swansea were better than most of the teams we've played though and looked more like they could create some chances but with strikers like Beatie it's always going to lessen their threat.

Colo and Ricky are more and more looking like they are playing beneath themselves at this level (shame Colo looked like he was playing at a level too high last season).

Harewood is wank. I would be happy if he played like that and scored two goals every game but usually he will just play like that. I'm desperate for Ranger to get a goal or two so there won't be any reason left to play Harewood ahead of him.

Pancrate certainly looks to have a lot of pace (one of the key things we are lacking) but his decision making looks iffy. You really would expect a player to shoot from a wide angle rather than lay one on a plate for Alan (I'll never score another goal in my life) Smith.

I was disappointed in Swansea to be honest. Having watched them a few times on the telly they have always seemed very incisive with their passing, in a kind of cheaper welsh arsenal sort of way. They had plenty of the ball but frankly only little Dyer ever looked threatening. They had a couple of chances but very rarely got round the back of us. Colo was inspired, he had a real none shall pass attitude about him. Although overall Harewood was poor he did put two in the bag, and it was nice to hear him getting cheered off when he was subbed as opposed to the booing in previous matches. Lovenkrands was far better than Marlon, Nolan and Smith were pretty quiet but effective. Enrique was at times a bit dodgy and the tagline 'flits in and out of matches' will surely be on Jonas gravestone.

Would have been nice to see us go on in the second half but I have a feeling the players were told to concentrate on keeping it tight as opposed to go for more goals. It's funny how many managers do that, as it seems to me to be a dangerous tactic. With a bit of clinical finishing Swansea could well have been back in the game, and once you take your foot off the gas in matches it can be hard to get it back on.

On a side note, I took my boy (who is the biggest Chelsea fan of all my sprogs) up to the game. He loved it, couldn't get over how big SJP was. I told him that as he has never actually been to Stamford Bridge under the rules of football supporting he is now officially a Toon fan. He looked upset.

Didn't go to the game (due to my personal protest :razz::P ), but any team that is three up at half time is more than allowed to step back and hold the lead, imo. That Swansea huffed and puffed in the second half is irrelevant, as the FACT is they scored NIL.

I fucked off after 75 minutes to be honest, no excuses, I just did.

Derived little joy from being there myself in all honesty.

I quite enjoyed it, but then again it was my first game of the season.

Someone told me after the match that Swansea had the meanest defence in the league and I found that hard to believe, the goals we scored against them were training ground stuff.

I fucked off after 75 minutes to be honest, no excuses, I just did.

Derived little joy from being there myself in all honesty.

I quite enjoyed it, but then again it was my first game of the season.

Someone told me after the match that Swansea had the meanest defence in the league and I found that hard to believe, the goals we scored against them were training ground stuff.

I know. They'd only conceded 6 away prior to that apparently. The league is so shit it's untrue.