Footballers are girls

JaMoUsE

THE FA face a £900,000 bill after skimping on an economy jet for England stars.

Frank Lampard could be out for six weeks with a thigh injury after seven hours cramped on a plane on the way to Qatar for tomorrow's Brazil friendly.

Chelsea are furious and will claim his £151,000-a-week wages in compensation from the FA.

Lamps and his Three Lions team-mates were forced to spend the long-haul flight to Doha on a charter plane designed for short-haul only.

The superstar players are used to having flat beds for long journeys and were shocked to find seats that barely reclined.

Several players complained of cramp and muscle pain after the flight.

The squad had their first training session yesterday morning. After an initial warm up, Lamps, 31, burst into a sprint and strained his left thigh.

Last season, the midfielder missed six weeks with a similar injury.

He could now be ruled out of crucial league games against Arsenal, Manchester City, Wolves and Everton plus Champions League clashes with Porto and Apoel Nicosia.

The FA decision to book a cheap charter looks like it will backfire on them as they are only receiving a match fee of £400,000 for the Brazil friendly.

poor bastards having to sit where the rest of us lot sit .... amazingly ive never suffered from a thigh injury either ;)

The idea that exteremly fit sportsmen should cramp up and obtain injuries just from a "normal" plane is fucking ridiculous imo.

If these planes were so bad, every flight would need ambulances at the end.

Considering I was once at boarding school here, but my family lived in Hong Kong, I'm surprised the 13 hour flights haven't left me in a wheelchair ;) .

I don't know if this is still true, but the minimum space required for transporting a vel calf is more than an economy class passenger.