I wondered if he really was pals with Ashley...

AmericanMag

from ssn.com

Barry Moat admits he too would consider selling the naming rights of St James' Park were he ever to complete a takeover at Newcastle United.

Current owner Mike Ashley has taken the Championship club off the market after he could not find anyone willing to meet his £80million valuation, with local businessman Moat known to be interested.

Ashley's controversial tenure has come in for even more criticism over the past few weeks after he took the decision to rename the club's home ground sportsdirect.com@St James' Park, with Sports Direct being the sportswear firm he owns.

Although it was another hugely unpopular move by Ashley in the eyes of supporters, Moat insists it is something which most clubs have to consider.

He told Sky Sports News: "I think you have to explore things like naming rights, you have to do that.

"Unfortunately we live in a world where football is big business, and the gap between the Championship and the Premier League is getting bigger all the time.

"So you have to do things to close that gap. We need to get back up to the Premier League as quickly as possible.

"I think if you have to do some of those things, by taking the commercial benefit of a sponsor, then as far as I'm concerned if that gets the right players on the pitch, gives you the right entertainment on a Saturday, then where do I sign?"

Turns out our old friend Mr Moat is now keen to buy the club again ;)

Remarkable, as soon as theres interest from someone, Ashley finds other buyers.

' We welcome any serious offers for Newcastle but this is de-ja-vue, we will continue our fan based campaign to make the club accountable to the city again. It is only 4 days in and we've had a massive response pledging investment from large and small investors. We've made approaches to Mr Moat previously and had no reply but we're happy to speak to anyone who has the long term interests of Newcastle at heart. If he has any ideas about how he would take the club forward apart from carrying on the idea of selling the name of SJP 'for commercial reasons' then once again we would happily talk. One point of immediate disagreement is the issue of re-naming the ground. We'll be clear, under a Trust led bid there would be no change of name. 23,000 customers asked us not to through our online petition on www.nust.org.uk We have a series of commercial ideas that don't strip out the history of the club and would retain the integrity of SJP'.

Ahhhh good old SSN,

didnt bother asking him what the fuck he was doing while he was supposedly buying the club but now they'll go talk to him about stadium naming rights.

Fuck me I hate them bastards. ;)

Quite.

Please, if anyone sees that smug, fucking josef Goerbals aka David Craig anywhere in our beloved City could they at the very least give him a few questions of their own, such as, 'do you get any money from Llambias or is it just 'exclusive' texts from the SD bunker in exchange for peddling their propaganda?'

You can call him a cunt after he's tried to fob you off, like. I can't see the harm, (apart from D Craig, obviously).

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26...5698184,00.html

Sad, patronising bastard.

Same here, he's one of Ashleys crew as far as Im concerned.

How will 1m a year "get the right players on the pitch"???.

We had a lucky escape, if there was really any chance of Moat buying the club. IMO it was never going to happen, Moat is a sorry excuse for a Toon fan. The more that is revealed the more I do not like.

Did this guy really bid for the club? Anyone else heard this?

Was it £38mill plus rest over 4 seasons, if it's been said before on any posts, sorry?

Just as a side note, I wonder if NUST have any plans for that fat ex- mackem supporter who now has NUFC tattoo on his huge gut.

A banning order on the fucking walking embarrasment would be a good start.

There was a Sunderland fan who used to post on the old Toontastic (might've been Nice2CU) who reckoned that geezer used to be a Mackem too. What a tool if true.

I'll take a wild guess...He is one of MA's gang and was only pretending to buy the club and he and MA were in cahoots all along.....And now he is taking the edge off the naming drama by saying he'd consider it as well. ;)

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26...5698184,00.html

Sad, patronising bastard.

Same here, he's one of Ashleys crew as far as Im concerned.

How will 1m a year "get the right players on the pitch"???.

We had a lucky escape, if there was really any chance of Moat buying the club. IMO it was never going to happen, Moat is a sorry excuse for a Toon fan. The more that is revealed the more I do not like.

Did this guy really bid for the club? Anyone else heard this?

Was it £38mill plus rest over 4 seasons, if it's been said before on any posts, sorry?

Heard precisely the same last week from a good source - no idea if thats been posted elewhere on here - haven't been around for a while.

replace 4 years with 2 and add the words "paid out from club income" on the end and you'd be near the mark.

Was that the deal? Fook me he really doesn't have the money does he? Lucky escape indeed. Well, as lucky as not picking up the shitty-est end of the stick can be....