My Dad

sweetleftpeg

I'm not going to be on this week, just to let you know that my dad died suddenly on Saturday morning. A lot of you know that I've been going to the match with him for the last 20 years, so I'm a bit of a lost at the minute to say the least. apart from holidays I've never gone without him. Villa at home is going to be weird. I just thought it relevant that he get a mention, seeing as it's his fault I've been obsessed with the pile of crap I watch every week. Just to pay tribute to him, he was there in 69 for the Fairs Cup Final and was one of the few who was glad to see Wembley knocked down as every time he went we got stuffed. Anyway, I came on to ask a favour, he wanted 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life' to be played as everyone comes out the cremetorium. Does any have it or a link to it on MP3 I could download to burn onto CD? I'm shite at the t'internet. Thanks again anyway, and I'll be around next Monday for more lift abuse and to continue ranting about all things toon, a trait that was passed down to me...

Cheers everyone

SLP

Cheers lads, I've found it on MP3 as well. It's put a smile on my face sitting here listening to it. I thought it was a bit stupid at first but listening to it now just sums him up. Always wanted the last laugh.

'Just remember the last laugh is on you.'

Legend my dad. ;)

Edited by sweetleftpeg

Thanks everyone, I'm a pretty realistic person by nature so I'll be alright. It hurts like hell, I'm going to miss the crap out of him, but I know time is a healer. We've been comforted by the fact he died in his sleep and felt nothing. Weirdly I spent my last day with him on Friday in the pub with my mam and my brother and sister. Maybe it was meant to be.

Dave, I'm so sorry. I know how much it meant to you to go to the match with your dad eack week. He must have been some bloke as you even used to turn us lot down to drink with him! ;)

I can't even pretend to know what it feels like, but just know that we're thinking of you and yours, and be proud to smile when you think of him ;)

Sorry to hear about that. Condolences to you and your family. Guy sounds like a legend with his music choice though. I think that song would actually work quite well without being totally tasteless at a funeral.