My Dad

sweetleftpeg

Guest Toplass-101

There are no words at a time like this, may your Dad rest in peace and you and your family find peace and strength in the weeks ahead.

The poem below is special to me, and given what you have said about your Dad and the song chosen, I thought you might like to read it.

With my sincere condolences.

TL

When I come to the end of the road

And the sun has set for me,

I want no tears in a gloom filled room

Why cry for a soul set free ?

Miss me, but let me go.

Miss me a little, but not for too long

And not with your head bowed low,

Remember the love that we once shared,

Miss me, but let me go.

This is a journey we all must take

And each must go alone,

It's all a part of the master plan

A step on the road to home.

Miss me, but let me go.

When you are lonely and sick of heart

Go to the friends we know

And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.

Miss me, but let me go.

can't really say anything that hasn't been already said SLP, all i can do is offer my deepest condolences and wish you and the family all the best for the future

Thanks everyone, I'm a pretty realistic person by nature so I'll be alright. It hurts like hell, I'm going to miss the crap out of him, but I know time is a healer. We've been comforted by the fact he died in his sleep and felt nothing. Weirdly I spent my last day with him on Friday in the pub with my mam and my brother and sister. Maybe it was meant to be.

56265[/snapback]

My mam went that way - as the doctor said "if you could bottle it you be a millionaire" - my mother in law went hrough months of pain in hospital

Its never good when someone close dies but I know which way I want to go.............

Edited by Rob W

Thanks again everyone, we're getting there. Friday is going to be hard but we've heard there's going to be a fair few there. Amazing, he'd hate the attention. ;)

I'm dreading contacting the club about his season ticket, I want to take it over and sell mine on for the rest of the season but I don't know the ins and outs of it. Just another one of those shitty jobs you're left to do. We also applied to go to Wigan in the cup so I suppose we'll find out today if we've got tickets.

PS Cath and Sammy - thanks for the text, meant a lot.

Cheers again everyone.

;)

Thanks again everyone, we're getting there. Friday is going to be hard but we've heard there's going to be a fair few there. Amazing, he'd hate the attention.  ;)

I'm dreading contacting the club about his season ticket, I want to take it over and sell mine on for the rest of the season but I don't know the ins and outs of it. Just another one of those shitty jobs you're left to do. We also applied to go to Wigan in the cup so I suppose we'll find out today if we've got tickets.

PS Cath and Sammy - thanks for the text, meant a lot.

Cheers again everyone.

:razz:

56437[/snapback]

First of all, really sorry to hear about this mate, not much I can say in situations like this, but keep your chin up. ;)

Secondly, the Box Office is shite, we all know that, but when it comes to situations like this, they generally make quite easy work of it. When my Uncle died, and my cousin wanted to do the same as you, they were a lot of help.

Take care bud.

Dave mate, my sincerest condolences.

The way you describe it, it sounds like you couldn’t possibly have parted on any better terms and I’m absolutely made up for you on that. Reading about the funeral arrangements (song) it’s obvious where you get your sense of humour from, lad-your old man really does sound like a legend.

Take it easy, short-arse!

I don't know you but from what i read on here you seem like a decent lad who's respected by all the other members. When you find that it's usually down to the upbringing you've had, in particular your parents, so imo your Dad can rest in peace knowing he's done his job and a good one at that.

All the best mate in this hard time and maybe, just maybe we can win something this year to give you and your Dad something to smile about as lets face it, it doesn't matter where you are, you can't stop a true geordie watching his football and I'm sure your dad will be no different. ;)