World Cup 2010

Happy Face

Would love to see us make it out of the group stages again, not expecting anything more than that. However if we are to be bundled out in the knockout stages I don't think I could handle another heart breaker like the game vs. Italy.

Very interested to see how they structure the pots considering there's quite a few teams some people may regard as being "weaker".

What concerns me about the Aussies is the lack of pace and lack of youth in the squad. Kewell would have to be the quickest yet he may play lone-man striker as there are obvious lack of options there. One things for sure under Pim Verbeek, there won't be many goals scored as much as there won't be many goals conceded by his team. If the Aussies make it out of the group stages it'll be job well done in my opinion.

This WC could be one of the dullest in recent memory tbh. England, Switzerland, Italy, France, Greece, NK, SK, South Africa... the list just goes on, not exactly teams that swarm and look for goals, and the Argies under Maradona are an absolute shambles; no tactics and no shape. I know very little of the African sides but at least they'll have a go.

It'll all come down to momentum and if the Krauts build up theirs, then I see them taking it out. Spain are a real chance too.

To win and in order:

Brazil

England

Spain

I don't think England have a hope in hell, but I'll be happy to eat my hat if they come close... :rolleyes:

I hope that's as accurate as your Ashes prediction.

I was mostly stirring in the Ashes thread, I did say Australia were shit in between all that banter. I just think England lack something technically that puts them behind Spain, Brazil and even Germany, but certainly not in discipline and organisation. England are far better organised this time round, there's no doubting that, Capello has managed to tame some of the tarts in his squad.

However I'd be concerned with Rio Ferdinand. His best days are behind him and he has too many mistakes in him, and I have a sneaking suspicion that he will be absolute gash, a complete liability, which could break England one way or another. We'll see, Alex. We'll see. :good:

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not giving you examples,

I'm not surprised. It sounded like bullshit. I'll tell you what, I'll do what you do under similar circumstances then and assume it's a lie.

my vast array of knowledge isn't purely down to reading although that is of benefit, actually having proper communication with people over years, taking in things you've read, seen on television, debating with people, it's how your opinions are formed. Me saying football in Australia doesn't come anywhere near the major sports there isn't an opinion it's a fact, and only an idiot would debate it.

Where have I said it is a bigger sport than the major ones in Australia? You said no one cares about football in Australia and my experience was quite different to that.

Well some people will care obviously even in America some people care it's not a major sport in Australia, the same as it isn't and never will be in America, regardless how many under 9's play it.

Never's a long time, man.

Just in my lifetime it's gone from something you never saw outside of a late-show re-run of Victory to it's own network(s).

Sure, it'll be a long time before it comes close to de-throning baseball, the other football, and basketball, but there's a hell of a lot of immigrants in this country with more arriving all the time, and they don't suddenly become fans of the other football.

Put it this way- I live in the armpit of this country and I saw a guy wearing a Chivas jersey at Wal-Mart the other night. I've been out drinking and seen Champions League matches being shown. Even mocked a guy wearing an Arsenal jersey whilst out drinking one night. I'm not talking about in L.A., Chicago, or New York- I'm talking about little old, redneck Evansville, Indiana.

Would love to see us make it out of the group stages again, not expecting anything more than that. However if we are to be bundled out in the knockout stages I don't think I could handle another heart breaker like the game vs. Italy.

Very interested to see how they structure the pots considering there's quite a few teams some people may regard as being "weaker".

What concerns me about the Aussies is the lack of pace and lack of youth in the squad. Kewell would have to be the quickest yet he may play lone-man striker as there are obvious lack of options there. One things for sure under Pim Verbeek, there won't be many goals scored as much as there won't be many goals conceded by his team. If the Aussies make it out of the group stages it'll be job well done in my opinion.

This WC could be one of the dullest in recent memory tbh. England, Switzerland, Italy, France, Greece, NK, SK, South Africa... the list just goes on, not exactly teams that swarm and look for goals, and the Argies under Maradona are an absolute shambles; no tactics and no shape. I know very little of the African sides but at least they'll have a go.

It'll all come down to momentum and if the Krauts build up theirs, then I see them taking it out. Spain are a real chance too.

You know if you type "clueless cunts talking shit about a sport they have no clue about" in speech marks, does toontastic come up????

England and I quote "not exactly a team that swarms and looks for goals", what a country that scored THIRTY FOUR, six more than anyone else, in fuckin qualifying. A country who scored NINE in TWO games against another country who were then ranked SIXTH in the world, who hadn't lost a meaningful game at home in 15 years, yet we went there and won 1-4.

Oh dear. Honest to god I don't expect people to be statistically as accurate as John Motson but this cunt fuck me. The most pleasing thing about the Capello era is the amount of goals we now score, I'm ashamed to be a Newcastle fan sometimes for what the first Keegan era has brung us. Fans from around the world who haven't got a clue, and fans from around Britain and Ireland who haven't got a clue, sometimes I'd have the Ossie Ardiles days back me.

There are many things you should be ashamed of you sloth, the way you carry on. You are a wanker, a funny wanker though I'll give you that.

My comment wasn't statistically based. I just watch England and nothing excites me about them. I am glad that offends you though. What amuses me, apart from your never ending errant comments about everything, anything and nothing, Stevie, is the traditional beating of the drums of victory by the English media who are completely unaware of the other competing nations before it all starts and during the tournaments, and when they fall by the wayside as they invariable do every time, they can't work out why. Everything is to be blamed except an obvious lack of class.

Just for the record, I think England will make the last sixteen maybe even the last eight with a bit of luck, and they will average something like 1.4 goals per game. Anything higher than that and I will be truly flabbergasted!

I was mostly stirring in the Ashes thread, I did say Australia were shit in between all that banter. I just think England lack something technically that puts them behind Spain, Brazil and even Germany, but certainly not in discipline and organisation. England are far better organised this time round, there's no doubting that, Capello has managed to tame some of the tarts in his squad.

However I'd be concerned with Rio Ferdinand. His best days are behind him and he has too many mistakes in him, and I have a sneaking suspicion that he will be absolute gash, a complete liability, which could break England one way or another. We'll see, Alex. We'll see. :rolleyes:

Down the years on this forum people have posted some bollocks, J69 regularly, Sima on the rare occasion he posts, some could argue I have, various WUMs looking for a bite, Gemmill's assertion that mackems and geordies are all the same really, but nothing NOTHING comes anywhere near the level of utter ignorance of this cunts post above.

Nothing excites you about England, are we here to entertain you some jail dodger from Walkaboutcreek??? For me some of the games have been the most entertaining since the Terry Venables era to be honest.

The traditional beating of drums of the English media, and you would know this in Australia how? Football is a big thing in England, it's probably a bigger deal than any country in the world, or it's up there with any place anyway, so the importance of the national team receives vast coverage, and given the fact we have networks like SKY, and the BBC (by far the globes largest broadcaster), we create a huge global awareness of our country probably second behind the yanks, so there's a lot of interest. The jocks use the same argument, the media this, the media that. I tell you what the media have said, almost to a man, we have a good side, but we will get to the QF or SF and lose on pens like we normally do, it's hardly arrogant is it. Tired myth that one like the rest of you post.

Obvious lack of class oh dear.

Last sixteen or last eight with a bit of luck, we're guaranteed to make the last four if we avoid Brazil or Spain, we got to the last eight without breaking a sweat, with a less balanced side, a far poorer manager in 28 degree heat. I'm vigorously shaking me head here, and it goes back to clueless toon fans what I said before and this global thing the KKE and global media influence has imposed on this club.

Anything higher than that you will be truly flabbergasted, even if you genuinely thought we were shite, which I doubt you do in your heart, again you display utter utter cluelessness. Turkey got to the SF in 2002, having got out of a group which contained Brazil, CHINA and COSTA RICA, in the 2nd Round they played JAPAN and QF SENEGAL, to face Brazil again in the SF. Even Scotland could've managed that.

England lack something technically, then in the next breath says lag behind Germany :good: you will trawl the entire internet, and not find a less informed load of bollocks than that. Our fucking reserves passed them off the park in Berlin 8 months ago when we won 2-1, and it really was a reserve team. Technically we are excellent, Germany do not possess one player with the technical capabilities of a Gerrard, Lampard, or Rooney, or even Rio Ferdinand who you describe as "finished". Rio is having a bad season, but he's only 30, how can a fit, fast centre half be finished at thirty?? You go on about the media, but you're being suckered in by the criticism in the media of Ferdinand this season. John Terry is widely regarded by many as the best centre back in the world, Ferdinand is better than him for me.

In closing we all have our perceptions and opinions about other nations but the above post you've made as I said one of the most ill-informed load of bollocks ever known since the internets global inception in 1989, further supports my view that crocodile wrestling, jail dodging, shrimp frying flaming gallahs like you, should stick to cricket and that stupid game with about ten posts, and let people who understand the game get on and discuss it.

You know if you type "clueless cunts talking shit about a sport they have no clue about" in speech marks, does toontastic come up????

England and I quote "not exactly a team that swarms and looks for goals", what a country that scored THIRTY FOUR, six more than anyone else, in fuckin qualifying. A country who scored NINE in TWO games against another country who were then ranked SIXTH in the world, who hadn't lost a meaningful game at home in 15 years, yet we went there and won 1-4.

Oh dear. Honest to god I don't expect people to be statistically as accurate as John Motson but this cunt fuck me. The most pleasing thing about the Capello era is the amount of goals we now score, I'm ashamed to be a Newcastle fan sometimes for what the first Keegan era has brung us. Fans from around the world who haven't got a clue, and fans from around Britain and Ireland who haven't got a clue, sometimes I'd have the Ossie Ardiles days back me.

There are many things you should be ashamed of you sloth, the way you carry on. You are a wanker, a funny wanker though I'll give you that.

My comment wasn't statistically based. I just watch England and nothing excites me about them. I am glad that offends you though. What amuses me, apart from your never ending errant comments about everything, anything and nothing, Stevie, is the traditional beating of the drums of victory by the English media who are completely unaware of the other competing nations before it all starts and during the tournaments, and when they fall by the wayside as they invariable do every time, they can't work out why. Everything is to be blamed except an obvious lack of class.

Just for the record, I think England will make the last sixteen maybe even the last eight with a bit of luck, and they will average something like 1.4 goals per game. Anything higher than that and I will be truly flabbergasted!

England are playing some of the most controlled football I've ever seen them play.

They will get to the final.

In closing we all have our perceptions and opinions about other nations but the above post you've made as I said one of the most ill-informed load of bollocks ever known since the internets global inception in 1989, further supports my view that crocodile wrestling, jail dodging, shrimp frying flaming gallahs like you, should stick to cricket and that stupid game with about ten posts, and let people who understand the game get on and discuss it.

It's GALAH you flaming mongrel.

England are playing some of the most controlled football I've ever seen them play.

Fucking hell, I was so optimistic as well.

Down the years on this forum people have posted some bollocks, J69 regularly, Sima on the rare occasion he posts, some could argue I have, various WUMs looking for a bite, Gemmill's assertion that mackems and geordies are all the same really, but nothing NOTHING comes anywhere near the level of utter ignorance of this cunts post above.

Nothing excites you about England, are we here to entertain you some jail dodger from Walkaboutcreek??? For me some of the games have been the most entertaining since the Terry Venables era to be honest.

The traditional beating of drums of the English media, and you would know this in Australia how? Football is a big thing in England, it's probably a bigger deal than any country in the world, or it's up there with any place anyway, so the importance of the national team receives vast coverage, and given the fact we have networks like SKY, and the BBC (by far the globes largest broadcaster), we create a huge global awareness of our country probably second behind the yanks, so there's a lot of interest. The jocks use the same argument, the media this, the media that. I tell you what the media have said, almost to a man, we have a good side, but we will get to the QF or SF and lose on pens like we normally do, it's hardly arrogant is it. Tired myth that one like the rest of you post.

Obvious lack of class oh dear.

Last sixteen or last eight with a bit of luck, we're guaranteed to make the last four if we avoid Brazil or Spain, we got to the last eight without breaking a sweat, with a less balanced side, a far poorer manager in 28 degree heat. I'm vigorously shaking me head here, and it goes back to clueless toon fans what I said before and this global thing the KKE and global media influence has imposed on this club.

Anything higher than that you will be truly flabbergasted, even if you genuinely thought we were shite, which I doubt you do in your heart, again you display utter utter cluelessness. Turkey got to the SF in 2002, having got out of a group which contained Brazil, CHINA and COSTA RICA, in the 2nd Round they played JAPAN and QF SENEGAL, to face Brazil again in the SF. Even Scotland could've managed that.

England lack something technically, then in the next breath says lag behind Germany :good: you will trawl the entire internet, and not find a less informed load of bollocks than that. Our fucking reserves passed them off the park in Berlin 8 months ago when we won 2-1, and it really was a reserve team. Technically we are excellent, Germany do not possess one player with the technical capabilities of a Gerrard, Lampard, or Rooney, or even Rio Ferdinand who you describe as "finished". Rio is having a bad season, but he's only 30, how can a fit, fast centre half be finished at thirty?? You go on about the media, but you're being suckered in by the criticism in the media of Ferdinand this season. John Terry is widely regarded by many as the best centre back in the world, Ferdinand is better than him for me.

Fucking hell, thanks for the essay. Do you work this hard in your paid job? :rolleyes:

Now read carefully you pot-bellied fanny, here's a quick auto-biography for you. I was born in England. My mother's from Gosforth, my father's a 2nd generation Australian of Scottish descent. I left England when I was 5 to live here in Australia. I have dual citizenship. I was educated in Australia. I have worked in Japan (went to the WC in 2002) before settling in a job here in Sydney. I have been on half the continents of the world to travel (Not North or South America nor Antarctica). I am 32 and have been a football follower and have supported Newcastle Utd all my life.

Without waffling on and without attempting to retort to every single point you've made, let us wait to June to see what is said and written, I have no doubt blind optimism will filter through. I know how the media in London behaves. The arrogance and inability to correctly ponder is a blight and a joke at times. They get the piss taken out of them here, yet sadly the journalistic approach here in Sydney is being followed and copied. The irony of it.

I firmly believe English football lacks something that some countries of continental Europe and Brazilian football has. Countries like Spain, Holland, Germany :angry: , Brazil or Argentina (when they're organised) to name a few...

My opinion of Ferdinand wasn't media-driven, he has definitely lost it. He is slower and has gotten caught out of position a number of times this season. Having a bad back and hamstrings is a pretty serious thing and he will be a weak link despite you trying to convince me otherwise. You are right though, England need the luck of the draw to do well in the WC.

Alright I'll make a re-assessment of England's chances and say that if Terry can cover for Ferdinand's projected fuck-ups, they will make the quarters. Are you happy now, Stevieintoon? :outahere:

To win and in order:

Brazil

England

Spain

I don't think England have a hope in hell, but I'll be happy to eat my hat if they come close... :angry:

I hope that's as accurate as your Ashes prediction.

However I'd be concerned with Rio Ferdinand. His best days are behind him and he has too many mistakes in him, and I have a sneaking suspicion that he will be absolute gash, a complete liability, which could break England one way or another. We'll see, Alex. We'll see. :good:

I was only stirring in this thread. :rolleyes:

I think its a pretty simple drop in form for ferdinand, hes only 31, which isnt old for a CB and you dont suddenly become shit overnight after being one of the top defenders in the world for a good few years

bit of complacency creeping in perhaps but I reckon between AF and cappello they'll get him playing right again

Absolute crock of shit. no chance. nowhere near good enough.

bollocks the both of you

you cant predict the final, too much luck involved in getting there, that said england are as good a shout as most others

bollocks the both of you

you cant predict the final, too much luck involved in getting there, that said england are as good a shout as most others

If you want to be really pendantic, Parky already has :D

There literally is Spain and Brazil who can play at our level, and no one else. This no where near good enough, we have 7 players who would get in any team on earth. You have the worst world champions in human History, Italy, they won it with a load of donkey's riding their luck against the likes of Australia, if they can win it and Greece can win the Euro's anyone can.

Go back just over 2 years and McLaren was still manager though. We were as good as anyone in qualifying which is a better indicator than any other. I'm not getting carried away but we're one of the top 5 or so sides in the world imo so we've got a decent chance.

You cant be serious Stevie. I can only remember a handful of good england performances in the last 4 years!!!

I know but we all know your understanding of the game. We played well in almost every group game, we played brilliantly in Holland, brilliantly in Germany, we've been excellent under Capello, utterly ridiculous overall to contradict it.

You cant be serious Stevie. I can only remember a handful of good england performances in the last 4 years!!!

I know but we all know your understanding of the game. We played well in almost every group game, we played brilliantly in Holland, brilliantly in Germany, we've been excellent under Capello, utterly ridiculous overall to contradict it.

Capello is one big part of the puzzle imo, he prepares sides well and for a change they all understand where they should be standing and where they should be running. I can only see an immense piece of bad luck or donkey refereeing stopping us progressing to the final. I will stick to Brazil, us or Spain being 3 of the final two.

Capello is one big part of the puzzle imo, he prepares sides well and for a change they all understand where they should be standing and where they should be running. I can only see an immense piece of bad luck or donkey refereeing stopping us progressing to the final. I will stick to Brazil, us or Spain being 3 of the final two.

By far the three best sides Parky, but we all know how lucky those bastard German and Italians are. Looking back through history, I'd say just less than half of the sides who would you describe as the best win the World Cup. I'd say 1990, 1994 and 2002 are the only times in our life that the best team has won.

Am I really the only person who doesn't give a shit about "justice" when it comes to international football? If the "best" team won every time, Brazil would have a World Cup count in the double figures (and England wouldn't have any). Part of the appeal of the World Cup is that it's not like a 38-game league season - ridiculous things happen, improbable things happen, unpredictable things happen and it's all the better for it. :D

Nice to see you preparing to lay the blame anywhere else but on the team already.

Should make it easier to say "I told you so" should it happen

:D

I think its a pretty simple drop in form for ferdinand, hes only 31, which isnt old for a CB and you dont suddenly become shit overnight after being one of the top defenders in the world for a good few years

bit of complacency creeping in perhaps but I reckon between AF and cappello they'll get him playing right again

It has nothing to do with turning shit overnight imo, his problem is a combination of both form loss and injury, they are intertwined just like back and hamstring injuries are, which it seems Ferdinand is suffering from now. How long has he had his back/hamstring complaints for?

It certainly hasn't just flared up recently, it's been a persistent and ongoing problem for him and doesn't seem to be going away. I smell trouble for both club and country. I don't need the media telling me that. :D