PNE 0-1 NUFC

Matty

Kadar looked willing again. Think he needs to learn how to use his right foot though.

Jonas was a threat, however can he fuck cross/shoot. :D But did well getting the ball away and scared them down the left hand side.

That's twice now Simpson has come off, I assume that he still has a slight problem with his ankle and Houghton does not want to risk him.

Got a bit worried when I saw a player go down and after the shot it pans back and a player has blood gushing down his face and smith is being held back.... But Houghton seemed to do well and keep him calm.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harewood was awful. Did you see it when Gutierez played the ball across the box and he took it away from the enrushing midfielders feet and lost it. :D

Was that not Ranger? or do i need my eyes tested?

The commentators said Ranger at least. ...

Harewood was awful. Did you see it when Gutierez played the ball across the box and he took it away from the enrushing midfielders feet and lost it. :D

Yep that was Ranger. A complete lack of communication (though he had not been on the pitch long). It was Jonas' best play of the game - a strong run down the left and a well placed pass into the path of a quickly advancing Danny Guthrie. It was a better chance than the Nolan goal with Guthrie having shown that he can really hit a shot. If I was Ranger I'd claim that the normal product on the end of a Jonas run is that poor that he though the pass was directed at him (even though he had to poke out a leg just to get a touch on it). Jonas can have no complaints though because he wasted an even better chance in injury time after Lovenkrands played him in, and had earlier completely fluffed a great chance to cut it in to Nolan directly in front 6 yards out after being played in nicely by Enrique.

At any lengths we can thankfully forget entirely about that game now that the 3 points are in the bank.

Reminiscent of that game away to Fulham under Allerdyce 2 years ago, won thanks to a last minute Barton penalty.

Now THAT was awful.

Christ that was a bad one alright, think I saw it on setanta, genuinely felt embaressed to have won.

So did I now that I think of it. And it was on a cold, winter night in my cold, decrepid, worst house I'd ever lived in.

I think it's probably one of my worst footballing memories. And we won!

Harewood = waste of fooking space, Nolan celebrating shouting "thats for fucking you lot" was priceless, preston fans were gash and our lot were awesome again,

Jonas is quickly becoming a parody of himself. He does actually struggle to put one decent ball in per game, which is some fucking feat for an international midfielder :D

He lollops around, feet dangling and swaying - ocassionaly prodding at the ball. Seriously how the fuck does he play for Arg?!! :D

Jonas is quickly becoming a parody of himself. He does actually struggle to put one decent ball in per game, which is some fucking feat for an international midfielder :D

He lollops around, feet dangling and swaying - ocassionaly prodding at the ball. Seriously how the fuck does he play for Arg?!! :icon_lol:

Maradona clearly on the sniff again :D

I have to admit I was howling with laughter after that chance in the first half where he basically passed it out of play before falling over. It was so bad it was funny.

Reminiscent of that game away to Fulham under Allerdyce 2 years ago, won thanks to a last minute Barton penalty.

Now THAT was awful.

Christ that was a bad one alright, think I saw it on setanta, genuinely felt embaressed to have won.

Baring in mind London is the warmest city in the British Isles, that was the coldest I've ever been at a game. Few things from tonight though, one Gary Neville has been teaching Simpson to cross a ball, two or three of his crosses were outstanding, two I reckon I'm better than Harewood, he just looks to me like he don't care, three, what a wank club Preston are, a disgraceful 17000 against NEWCASTLE UNITED, you fuckin non-entities. 17000.

Now THAT was awful.

Baring in mind London is the warmest city in the British Isles, that was the coldest I've ever been at a game. Few things from tonight though, one Gary Neville has been teaching Simpson to cross a ball, two or three of his crosses were outstanding, two I reckon I'm better than Harewood, he just looks to me like he don't care, three, what a wank club Preston are, a disgraceful 17000 against NEWCASTLE UNITED, you fuckin non-entities. 17000.

yep it was brass monkeys tonight, as for the crowd hahaha thing is if you buy a full price ticket you get an under 8's ticket foc

Now THAT was awful.

Agree entirely. Made up for the lack of an out and out winger on the right tonight until he was taken off.

Paddy I meant Fulham away was brass monkeys mate. I'm not one o these who says he was at games when he wasn't unlike some on here. I haven't been to one away this season, not one.

Something about tonight Guthrie was fuckin utterly wank, touch, awareness, passing the works, utter shit. I'm at the stage with Harewood where the only time I will comment on his performance is when he isn't total shit. I reckon this will be the last time I mention him on this board.

Paddy I meant Fulham away was brass monkeys mate. I'm not one o these who says he was at games when he wasn't unlike some on here. I haven't been to one away this season, not one.

Something about tonight Guthrie was fuckin utterly wank, touch, awareness, passing the works, utter shit. I'm at the stage with Harewood where the only time I will comment on his performance is when he isn't total shit. I reckon this will be the last time I mention him on this board.

Is this the same bloke O'Neil paid £7m for??! :D

Agree also, some quality crosses from Simpson - balance of placement and power and didn't waste any of them. We so obviously lacked width on the right from the midfield, so Simpson advancing was invaluable. Hopefully him coming off was entirely precautionary if he felt a twinge or something. Don't know anything about Pancrate but if he's a natural right midfielder/winger than he'll hopefully be given a chance. Guthrie has no pace, and plays much better through the centre of the park. Ryan Taylor is also not quick, and although he can put in a good cross he can't take on a defender and consequently won't even get in behind them.

It was good to see Lovenkrands get on the pitch. He's apparently got no heart, but I still think he could prove to be a valuable player for us particularly in home matches.

shit game, very rough at times but we got 3pts away from home which is no mean feat! thought Simpson and Enrique were fantastic. really pushed on away from home which aint easy. Guthrie was a bit shite and the less said about Harewood the better. Dutty was decent when he came on but i reckon i would have prefered Pancake instead of Lovenkrands coming on simply for the physical presence. I know he's not fit (Pancake i mean) but he must be able to last for 20mins shirley?

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, I SAID WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE..................

fuckin hell, 6 cans and i'm going all accaspastic!!

:D

what another shite spectacle. this league is awful. i'm going to give up football if we don't go up next year i've already given up the premiership since we went down and don't miss it much tbh.

is anyone going to provide decent opposition between now and seasons end ?

PNE were supposed to be one of these mythical 'battle hardened' CCC sides that were going to cause loads of problems :D

this league will be won by end of march 2010 - joke league.

what another shite spectacle. this league is awful. i'm going to give up football if we don't go up next year i've already given up the premiership since we went down and don't miss it much tbh.

is anyone going to provide decent opposition between now and seasons end ?

PNE were supposed to be one of these mythical 'battle hardened' CCC sides that were going to cause loads of problems :D

this league will be won by end of march 2010 - joke league.

And then I suppose we won't see you again until we get relegated the following season back down to the Championship, because let's face it you won't say shit all when we're getting gubbed week in, week out in the Prem.

Going to see Ian Brown in Dublin tonight so I'll miss this one :icon_lol:

0-1 Nolan.

Always happens when I don't bet on it.

Great night :D

Going to see Ian Brown in Dublin tonight so I'll miss this one :puke:

0-1 Nolan.

Preston 0 Newcastle 1 tonight. Similar pattern to the Sheff Utd game I think, a desperate first half, and a more driven, motivated toon stepping it up to take the points.

:D

Had a great argument in the boozer last night with a Bin Dipper and a Leeds fan. Leeds fan banging on about "When was the last time you had a trophy" etc Bin Dipper about how Rafa hasnt had any money.

Great result and we shouldnt complain about being top, but still worried about the lack of goal scoring from players like Carroll & Harewood.

Only saw the first half, but Carroll was clearly struggling with his illness. He wasn't running as much as he normally does. Enrique was fantastic. Was worried seeing Moyes there-he was linked with Saylor during the summer, wasn't he?