PNE 0-1 NUFC

Matty

For all the Marlene and Guthrie doom sayers....have a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb5bqkpMJ4A

Harewood is crucially involved twice in the build up to the goal,and Guthrie puts a great cross in. Without those two bits of good play theres no goal and it's nowts each at FT. Also Nolan was guilty of giving the ball directly to a Preston player at least 3 times in the centre of the park last night...good job Preston are ultimately wank and couldnt captilise on it.

Maybe we're being hard on Harewood in particular?...is there just a bit of the Shola about him?

Guthrie's got more assists (5 I think) than anyone else at the club despite not starting that many games.

5 in 9 isn't it? Next is Carroll by my count with 3

The 5 is off the Football League site so it's only league games although I can't remember if he got one in the League Cup. According to .com he's started 11 league games + a couple of subs appearances. Pretty good in any case. I'd like to see him play more although you couldn't drop Smith or Nolan at present and he's a bit wasted out wide. I wouldn't be against playing the 3 of them in a match like last night with Nolan having a more free role / playing as a 2nd striker.

That was shirley the original idea before Raylor dropped out, wasn't it?

Yeah, I could have worded that better. I meant generally it's a good tactic and especially away from home.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think West Brom play good football. They are scoring and seem pretty decent at the back.

We need to start scoring more and looking a bit more solid tbh.

Like Parky says as long as we finish top two, we dont want to get dragged into the play-offs!

The away performances/results have been better than I expected on the whole but I'm a bit worried that we've struggled in a couple of homes games whereas West Brom seem to have had an easier time at home.

A couple of 3 or 4 nils would do wonders.

I never EVER thought I would say this, but I want Shola back

Poll on how long before that statement is regretted.

I'll take 14 minutes into his comeback.

He will all ready have two by then like. :D

The 5 is off the Football League site so it's only league games although I can't remember if he got one in the League Cup. According to .com he's started 11 league games + a couple of subs appearances. Pretty good in any case. I'd like to see him play more although you couldn't drop Smith or Nolan at present and he's a bit wasted out wide. I wouldn't be against playing the 3 of them in a match like last night with Nolan having a more free role / playing as a 2nd striker.

Guthrie got a goal, but not an assist in the league cup (against Huddersfield).

He won't be back for long if he goes to play for nigeria, his country.

Realistically He is never going to get anywhere within a million miles of the England team so if he wants to play at the World Cup fair play if he wants to play for Nigeria as he spent six years of his life there.

A lot of countries get by with players who can just play for their country. Bassong with Cameroon for example or the French invasion of Senegal.

Realistically He is never going to get anywhere within a million miles of the England team so if he wants to play at the World Cup fair play if he wants to play for Nigeria as he spent six years of his life there.

A lot of countries get by with players who can just play for their country. Bassong with Cameroon for example or the French invasion of Senegal.

Exactly. He was born there and spent the first 6 years of his life there. I would say that makes him more Nigerian than English tbh

Might be the victim of an imaginary stick-up.

Well now everyone knows he carries 60k in his pocket. :D

Eh? Wrong Nigerian perhaps?

That's Martins. Never had you down as one of those 'they all look the same' types :D

That's Martins. Never had you down as one of those 'they all look the same' types :D

I don't know why I wandered into this thread. :icon_lol:

I'm not sure he'll get in to the Nigeria side..

I'm not sure he'll get in to the Nigeria side..

yeh, definitely wishful thinking from Shola I reckon.

Took him long enough for the penny to drop that he wasn't going to get an England call-up. Expect an announcement that he's retired from international football in about 6 years.