Life On Mars (USA)

spongebob toonpants

omgwtf11!!!lol!!!

has anybody else seen this?

Jesus moptherfucking titty christ - that was the worst end of anything ever

If it's the one with Harvey Keitel, I only watched half of one episode....it was so toe curlingly bad, I switched over and never went back. Might have worked better if I hadn't seen the British version first. Same for The Office.

Despite the fact that I love the original, I did persevere with all the US version. There were some good points to it, Harvey K not being one. But that ending!!!!

The UK ending was great, but was always to morally ambiguous for the mainstream American audience. To show Sam potentially committing suicide would not work for them, so instead they decided the best thing was to take an almighty dump, film it and call it an ending.

Despite the fact that I love the original, I did persevere with all the US version. There were some good points to it, Harvey K not being one. But that ending!!!!

The UK ending was great, but was always to morally ambiguous for the mainstream American audience. To show Sam potentially committing suicide would not work for them, so instead they decided the best thing was to take an almighty dump, film it and call it an ending.

To clarify, the American version ended with Sam taking an almighty dump?

omgwtf11!!!lol!!!

has anybody else seen this?

Jesus moptherfucking titty christ - that was the worst end of anything ever

If it's the one with Harvey Keitel, I only watched half of one episode....it was so toe curlingly bad, I switched over and never went back. Might have worked better if I hadn't seen the British version first. Same for The Office.

This, fucking shite.

The US Office is awesome tbh.

For those of us too busy ( or more accurately too lazy) to look for this, would anyone mind describing it?

Apparently..

The US version revealed that the show was all a computer simulation in Sam Tyler's mind. He along with Annie, Ray and Chris are astronauts on a manned mission to Mars in 2035 who have been in hibernation for over two years.

A neural stimulation program kept their minds busy, Sam's was set with him playing a cop in 2008 but a glitch in the system pushed him into 1973 but kept his 2008 memories intact. The program helped him workout his psychological issues including that of his domineering father Major Tom who appeared as Gene Hunt in the recreation.

Other revelations - Windy was the onboard computer, their spaceship is called the Hyde 125, and the little rover is the landing vehicle on the planet's surface.

Edited by WubbleUC

For those of us too busy ( or more accurately too lazy) to look for this, would anyone mind describing it?

Apparently..

The US version revealed that the show was all a computer simulation in Sam Tyler's mind. He along with Annie, Ray and Chris are astronauts on a manned mission to Mars in 2035 who have been in hibernation for over two years.

A neural stimulation program kept their minds busy, Sam's was set with him playing a cop in 2008 but a glitch in the system pushed him into 1973 but kept his 2008 memories intact. The program helped him workout his psychological issues including that of his domineering father Major Tom who appeared as Gene Hunt in the recreation.

Other revelations - Windy was the onboard computer, their spaceship is called the Hyde 125, and the little rover is the landing vehicle on the planet's surface.

Sounds suspiciously like the Bobby Ewing "it was all a dream" plot line in Dallas which explained his sudden reincarnation :razz: