"Talk of the Toon"

Didn't we do exactly the same sort of thing when we beat Man Utd back in '96? :razz:

Aye but that was, Premierleague (Top div), a 5-0 win over them, and against Man Utd!

Didn't we do exactly the same sort of thing when we beat Man Utd back in '96? :razz:

Howay 5-0

Got it on vhs somewhere.

Likewise :P

On reflection though we cashed in on the fact we gave the team one place above us a hammering at home - didn't Southampton do beat them 6-2 the following week? Don't remember them cashing in though...

Didn't we do exactly the same sort of thing when we beat Man Utd back in '96? :P

Aye but that was, Premierleague (Top div), a 5-0 win over them, and against Man Utd!

So you conceed it was a club cashing in on the fact that they beat their nearest rivals at home when they weren't expected to? No different really - cringeworthy, aye but we're hardly ones to talk.. :razz:

Didn't we do exactly the same sort of thing when we beat Man Utd back in '96? :P

So you conceed it was a club cashing in on the fact that they beat their nearest rivals at home when they weren't expected to? No different really - cringeworthy, aye but we're hardly ones to talk.. :razz:

They got 3pts, not chasing the PL title in a crunch game.

I know we cashed in on it via a VHS, but Blackpool's game was a 2-1 win, they got 3pts fair do's and weren't expected to win, but it's cringeworthy that 2 clubs have brought out DVD's just because they beat us when we're being told via the media and other fans that we're a 'nothing/small' club, and that we're deluded, then other clubs bring out DVD's on a win.

I know we cashed in on it via a VHS, but Blackpool's game was a 2-1 win, they got 3pts fair do's and weren't expected to win, but it's cringeworthy that 2 clubs have brought out DVD's just because they beat us when we're being told via the media and other fans that we're a 'nothing/small' club, and that we're deluded, then other clubs bring out DVD's on a win.

If you re-read my posts I think you'll find I don't dispute that bit :P

I have to say that it's an issue of degree. Both actions were cringeworthy, but making a video of truly tonking arguably the best side in Britain versus making one of managing a scrappy 2-1 home win over a major promotion contender...they aren't really in the same league, are they?

I have to say that it's an issue of degree. Both actions were cringeworthy, but making a video of truly tonking arguably the best side in Britain versus making one of managing a scrappy 2-1 home win over a major promotion contender...they aren't really in the same league, are they?

Arguably the best side when we were arguably not very far off them. If Man Utd beat Chelsea 5-0 at OT this season do you think they'd release a DVD about it? I think not.

To be fair Craig, that was an example of a brilliant game. We also released videos of the Tottenham game (Seventh Heaven), the difference being they were outstanding games. The Blue Brazil and Talk of the Toon were just wins against the league leaders.

We didn't release a video for the 4-3 or the 3-0 to my knowledge, did we?

To be fair Craig, that was an example of a brilliant game. We also released videos of the Tottenham game (Seventh Heaven), the difference being they were outstanding games. The Blue Brazil and Talk of the Toon were just wins against the league leaders.

We didn't release a video for the 4-3 or the 3-0 to my knowledge, did we?

The 4-3 we did, aye.

Peterborough released a DVD for all of their home games, not just ours.

And the 'Blue Brazil' thing was pinched from the Journal or the Chronicle (and Cowdenbeath, obviously).

The review is cringeworthy.

When the mighty Newcastle United set out for their day trip to the seaside, they were unbeaten and hadn't conceded a goal in 501 minutes of football.

The 'experts' were predicting an easy win for the Magpies, but the new look Blackpool side, fashioned by the effervescent Ian Holloway had different ideas, playing the Geordies off the park before emerging with a incredible, but well deserved, 2-1 victory.

A full house at Bloomfield Road roared on their heroes in the first league meeting between the sides since 1971 when both were in the top flight. Goals from legendary striker Brett Ormerod and skipper Jason Euell created a new page in the history of Blackpool Football Club on a night when the Seasiders were the Talk of the Toon.

Legendary Striker - Brett Omerord :razz:

Edited by Holden McGroin

On October 20th? A crunch game?

Edited by Sima