RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE FOR CHRISTMAS NO.1

AgentAxeman

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a medium F you. I think Gary Jules with Mad World getting to number 1 was a pretty dire thing to happen.

Other awful number 1 that spring to mind are:

Bob the Builder - 2000

Mr Blobby - 1993 and

Mull of fecking Kintyre - 1977

Lord knows what you were all thinking!

"Fuck you i wont do what you tell me" is as vacuous as the shite that Cowell churns out.

Nae offence and all that but it was cringeworthy when it came out for its faux-punk pre-pubescent attitude.

Viewed at the distance of 17 years or so I dare say you have a point about it being a bit 6th form common room.

But the actual content of the lyrics is about racism,police corruption and the KKK in the southern states of the USA

I doubt if Zak and Tom would write a song in that way if they were to tackle the same subject in 2009.

For me, back in 1992/3 it was very refreshing to hear something with a bit of attitude instead of a steady diet of jungle/happy hardcore or dreadfull covers of 60s/70s stuff like "Please dont go". And Suede were a bit camp for my liking :lol:

29p on Amazon.

Surely worth the punt, the biggest FUCK YOU in pop history.

Do amazon downloads definitely count towards the charts?

They do. The 29p ones are something of a loss leader for them, but they definitely count.

29p on Amazon.

They do. The 29p ones are something of a loss leader for them, but they definitely count.

Cheers Meenz, I'll have a bit of that.

29p on Amazon.

Cheers Meenz, I'll have a bit of that.

Done. :lol:

They played killing in the name on 5live this morning :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWaX8P1nqyg

Silly bitch at the end what'd she expect was going to happen... tried to mute all the fuck yous but ya can't silence the rage! lol

:lol: The end of that is quality like.

So they tell a band who wrote the line "Fuck you i won't do what you tell me" not to swear and thought they would go along with it! Classic :(

How many times did they say 'fuck you' before they pulled it though? :lol: I reckon Campbell was well into it!

Tell you what it's a real throw-back. That track (and Bullet in the Head) used to get played daily on the stereo in the 6th form common room at school. I don't think I've actually heard it since until now :(

"Fuck you i wont do what you tell me" is as vacuous as the shite that Cowell churns out.

Nae offence and all that but it was cringeworthy when it came out for its faux-punk pre-pubescent attitude.

That line may be the weakest in the song admittedly, probably even less poignant than 'Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa'.

Tbf, Radio 5 probably assumed that if you're un-rock and roll enough to talk to Nicky Campbell on 5 Live Breakfast about your race to number one with the X-Factor winner, you'd maybe not bother being a naughty boy and swearing.

Oooooo take the power back, Zach! :lol:

SIMON COWELL has blasted the campaign to get RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE to the festive top spot - branding its supporters "a hate mob".

He says the Facebook crusade to keep this year's X Factor winner from being the Christmas No1 is akin to bullying.

The campaign urges people to buy Rage's Killing In The Name to thwart JOE McELDERRY's The Climb.

Music mogul Simon is so angry he interrupted his hols in Barbados to ring me yesterday. He raged: "All these musical snobs have ganged up against Joe.

"If you take me out of the equation, you have a teenager with his first single being attacked by a huge hate mob on Facebook. It almost feels like a little kid being bullied. It feels like a spiteful campaign aimed at an 18-year-old who won a talent competition.

"It's David versus Goliath and it's not fair on Joe. It's getting out of hand."

Mild-mannered CHERYL COLE, Joe's mentor on the ITV show, is none to pleased either.

Chezza thundered: "I would be devastated to see Joe lose out. He put his heart and soul into every single week of The X Factor.

"I cannot bear to see him lose to a mean campaign that has nothing to do with his efforts.

"If that song, or should I say campaign, by an American group is our Christmas No1 I'll be gutted for him and our charts."

Joe's single landed in the shops on Wednesday, but the expected sales surge is yet to happen.

Rage's track is still out in front but the gap has closed to 37,000 sales between them, down from 65,000 at the end of Wednesday.

Simon has come to terms with the fact this could be the first time in the last five years when one of his acts misses out on the festive top spot.

He continued: "One part of me says, good for you guys for bringing on some competition. The other part isn't sure about the point they are trying to make.

"I think they've got a shot at making No1.

"The retail numbers are very, very encouraging for us but this Rage record now has a momentum of its own."

Rage frontman ZACK DE LA ROCHA has also waded in to the debate.

He said: "Simon is an interesting character. He seems to have profited greatly off humiliating people on live television and has a unique position of capturing the attention of people on television, but also the airwaves.

"We see this as a necessary break of that control."

The band performed the track on BBC Radio 5 Live yesterday morning.

Sadly, presenter SHELAGH FOGARTY struggled to fade them out in time when they launched into the expletive-ridden finale.

A flustered Fogarty had to tell listeners that the band had promised not to swear.

Oh dear.

Yesterday the campaign was under threat amid claims of bulk buying of large quantities - which is against the rules.

The Official Charts Company, which regulates placings, warned bulk purchasing could mean the track is ineligible for the charts this weekend.

Nice to see he's not overreacting anyway :lol:

Probably liking all the free publicity tbh.

Edited by Sonatine