RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE FOR CHRISTMAS NO.1

AgentAxeman

I bought Geordie Joe's single in Sainsburys for mrs hips this afternoon (£1.99). That boy can sing. Lacks a bit of charisma for me, like.

As for the 'battle' - who gives a fuck? I'm sure when I was 12 years old, the kids my age were just as mesmerised by perceived good music (and buying a hell of a lot more records that are purchased these days, into the bargain) as the kids these days. As for people of 25 - 60 buying it, who knows. Maybe so many folk have cd players in their kitchen/car etc and want 'shit' to play on them????

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My finger slipped and I accidentally downloaded Joe's single instead of Rage's. Oh dear, what a klutz. :(

An 'emo' trying to be 'different'? Well I never..... :lol:

My finger slipped and I accidentally downloaded Joe's single instead of Rage's. Oh dear, what a klutz. :(

An 'emo' trying to be 'different'? Well I never..... :lol:

It speaks volumes when you're forced to be non conformist by purchasing a mainstream product.

I was right at the front as well :lol:

were Tool supporting?

Aye, that's the one. Someone else supported as well iirc.

Poss the best gig I've been to. Do you recall the chants of 'toon toon', to Zack's bemusement? :(

I was going to say Wool. It was them. And aye, it was a good gig. Not the best I've seen at the Mayfair like. That honour would have to go to Faith No More.

I think the mistake you make is assuming that x factor is largely to do with music...its chiefly to do with making Cowell, Fuller and a revenue starved ITV a ton of money.

I'm under no illusions that it's about the art. It's about giving the majority exactly what they want.

Apart from that I can't really argue with the points you make, other than Alison Clarkson wrote and recorded all her own material, and indeed produced most of her first album in her bedroom....all this after touring the US with Public Enemy with her first group,late 80s hip hoppers the She Rockers.She was hugely successful and popular and wrote, as you seem to have appreciated,great pop tunes.She also sold millions of records.

Can you spot the differences between Betty Boo and Leona Lewis? I'm in no way a musical snob but Simon Cowell is stopping a 21st century Betty Boo coming through in the same way by saturating the market with a 3 month prime time tv promo campaign before the x factor single is released. He's strangling individuality and creativity at birth for a lot of pop artists, the only outlet for their talents is being lined up in front of a bunch of know nothing twats and possibly being humilated by them in front of 15 mill people on tv.Nice.

Someone corrected me on that before when i thought betty Boo had been a one hit wonder. I don't think the X-factor stops anyone else doing the same thing these days though. MIA and Speech Debelle spring to mind.

I saw the Levellers at the Mayfair. Forget what year it was but some bloke killed himself stage-diving...

Not such a beautiful day.

:lol:

I fucking hate the Levellers btw. Not quite as much as I hate their crusty fans though.

I saw the Levellers at the Mayfair. Forget what year it was but some bloke killed himself stage-diving...

I fucking hate the Levellers btw. Not quite as much as I hate their crusty fans though.

I didn't mind them 'back in the day' - listened to a couple of their tracks recently mind and thought WTF?!?!?! :(

I didn't mind them 'back in the day' - listened to a couple of their tracks recently mind and thought WTF?!?!?! :(

You're anything but crusty Craig :(

You're anything but crusty Craig :(

<_<

Thinking back mind there was one gig I went to where the place absolutely stank of shit - was most likely this one...

They played killing in the name on 5live this morning :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWaX8P1nqyg

Silly bitch at the end what'd she expect was going to happen... tried to mute all the fuck yous but ya can't silence the rage! lol

brilliant. :(

that sort of thing makes the whole thing worthwhile.

shame there isn't a xmas day top of the pops anymore

They played killing in the name on 5live this morning :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWaX8P1nqyg

Silly bitch at the end what'd she expect was going to happen... tried to mute all the fuck yous but ya can't silence the rage! lol

:lol: The end of that is quality like.