PS3 Knacked

Tom

After taking the piss out of Xbox's for so long I have finally encountered a Sony equivalent!

The console keeps beeping at me and resetting itself and basically refuses to start properly for longer than 5 minutes.

I have looked it up and a few people have the same problem but I'm not sure what to do as I bought my PS3 off Ebay so the warranty is basically out the window - I have had it since June 2008 too so that would have probably out dated the first warranty anyway.

I'm not sure whether to get it repaired or cut my losses and get a new one but with Christmas coming up and having already spent fortune on people I don't think a new PS3 is happening.

Bugger.

Get to borrow the Xbox for three months so it's probably worth paying the £15 for some Xbox live I suppose!

I rang Sony and they said my console was out of warranty but for £128 they would replace it with a working model but only the same model not an upgrade and as mines a 40gb I think everything is an update. They also said it would come with a 3 month warranty but I don't think it's worth it when I can get a brand new 250gb Slim delivered for £240.

So I'm stumped as to what to do.

I might just have to save but it means I'm looking at February before I'm PS3ing again.

go to game and see if you can do a gamecare swap, its something we do sometimes, fudges the system a bit

you buy the two year warranty (£30 i think) pay the difference to one of the new models and sorted,

then you get the two year warranty too for when this one breaks again since PS3s are so fragile

Ah cool nice one.

I'll give it a shot although for some reason I can't call the local store itself but it goes through to the national hotline.

I might go through and ask the crack. What are the buzzwords?

Just ''gamecare swap''. I didn't buy it from game though! Does that count?

national hotline is to keep the trogs from bothering us in store over nothing at our busiest time of the year

just take it in and try and steer the conversaton towards replacing the console, see if they'll offer it, it might just be us

http://kotaku.com/5429592/survey-sony-cons...k-subscriptions

just come across that btw, since you were on about having to pay for XBL

Get to borrow the Xbox for three months so it's probably worth paying the £15 for some Xbox live I suppose!

I rang Sony and they said my console was out of warranty but for £128 they would replace it with a working model but only the same model not an upgrade and as mines a 40gb I think everything is an update. They also said it would come with a 3 month warranty but I don't think it's worth it when I can get a brand new 250gb Slim delivered for £240.

So I'm stumped as to what to do.

I might just have to save but it means I'm looking at February before I'm PS3ing again.

I'm looking at buying a ps3 in January Tom. Where did you get this deal?