Kris Boyd a target

blackandwhiteboy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have to many defensive midfielders...we got rid of emre then look what happened!

He got injured then when he was fit was shoe horned into a midfield partnership with Parker which often looked disjointed.

We need someone like the player Emre was supposed to be for us rather than the player he actually was. I don't think he created much for us at all. If you're on about a midfielder from that era who would be an asset for the club now Lee Bowyer would be a much better shout.

There's always a doubt about signing players from the SPL but I reckon Boyd is the sort of player who would score goals in any league he played in, provided he got a decent level of service. He's the sort of striker that won't do anything other than score goals - a poacher - so we'd need someone to work hard next to him and more importantly a midfielder who's better than Emre to provide service for him.

How does that relate to Emre? I thought you were trying to say Emre was good for us. If you're now saying he was shit for us though, I'm glad you agree, even if I wouldn't blame the fans for that.

When you think of players in terms of "they had good games for us" rather than "they were good players for us" that says it all. And all I can remember of Emre is the goal against the Mackems, one goal against Reading that won us the game 3-2 I think, and getting sent off against Stoke on KK's return.

Utter waster like most players of the Souness era and I wouldn't have him back if they were paying us to take him. Essentially he was the Turkish Luque.

I'm currently at uni in Scotland, and watch a fair bit of the SPL (got a season ticket at Aberdeen) and imo Boyd COULD be a good signing but it depends on a number of things:

1) He has to be cheap (that should be alright considering the mess Rangers are in)

2) He needs to improve his attitude, he's liable to a bit of a sulk as the Scotland thing showed

3) We'd also need to buy a creative midfielder. If we play the long ball game we've been playing currently, he'd be next to useless.

For those who question whether his goalscoring record is all that because it's in the SPL, the standard there really isn't much different from the championship. People tend to look at the small crowds and lack of money, but there are still some some very good players in that league and Boyd is one of them. The main problem with him is that he needs to play with a hard working striker alongside him, as he's no good on his own or as a target-man, and he needs a good midfield that are going to create chances for him, as, while he is a very clinical finisher, he can't make things for himself

Edited by toon_don

So basically we'd need to overhaul our team to build around a player who might be good enough for the Championship...

...and then sabotage our promotion push so that he could keep knocking goals in in the championship?

I don't think anyone's suggesting he'd be an automatic first pick. If the price is right though he could represent good value. Has to obviously (i) want to come here and (ii) want to prove himself at the top level.

So basically we'd need to overhaul our team to build around a player who might be good enough for the Championship...

I think that's a bit harsh. I reckon he is capable of doing it in a top league like the Prem, but not the way we play atm.

Still don't like him though :icon_lol:

I'm currently at uni in Scotland, and watch a fair bit of the SPL (got a season ticket at Aberdeen) and imo Boyd COULD be a good signing but it depends on a number of things:

1) He has to be cheap (that should be alright considering the mess Rangers are in)

2) He needs to improve his attitude, he's liable to a bit of a sulk as the Scotland thing showed

3) We'd also need to buy a creative midfielder. If we play the long ball game we've been playing currently, he'd be next to useless.

For those who question whether his goalscoring record is all that because it's in the SPL, the standard there really isn't much different from the championship. People tend to look at the small crowds and lack of money, but there are still some some very good players in that league and Boyd is one of them. The main problem with him is that he needs to play with a hard working striker alongside him, as he's no good on his own or as a target-man, and he needs a good midfield that are going to create chances for him, as, while he is a very clinical finisher, he can't make things for himself

fuck off you mug

fuck off

I think that's a bit harsh. I reckon he is capable of doing it in a top league like the Prem, but not the way we play atm.

Still don't like him though :icon_lol:

fuck off you yid cunt