Why Newcastle fans are one of the marvels of the modern game - and I've got the numbers to prove it

TheMoog

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, I myself have criticised our support at times, in terms of quality rather than quantity but we're still better than anyone else. Any uber neo toon fan reading that who is cringing because it's cool to pull every aspect of the club to pieces read it again. WE'RE STILL BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE.

I challenge someone to tell me a club on earth to go through what we've been through...

* Sacking of a legend in favour of a universally hated figure We've had umpteen managers who are never given time, some of them legends

* Absolute proof of scores of occasions we have been lied to had it for fifteen years

* Promises not delivered had it for fifteen years

* Four managers in one season been there

* Club for sale, then not, then back up, then not club continually up for sale with no interest

* Laughed at by every football supporter in Britain for the circus that has went on over the last 3 or 4 years been there

* An almost universally national celebration of our relegation not national but we've been a local laughing stock for the last decade

* Players earning 100k a week who care less about the club than horses been there, but not quite 100k

* No money to spend been there, seen it, done it, not bought the t shirt because we have no money

* No leadership at boardroom level been two years without a chairman

* No apparent long term aims see SWFC from 1999-2008

* Comparitively speaking reasonably expensive pricing systems which remain, which rake in far more money than at least half the Premiership had the biggest price hike in the history of the club days after being relegated

* Joey Barton Gilles de Bilde, Wim Jonk etc...

* Champions League to Championship in 5 years and 9 months 2 years in top flight, cup winners, now we're nowhere

Add to all the above -

*being called cretins, scum and venomous bitches by the chairman

*had supporters by the club sued for stating opinions on a message boad (opinions which often turned out to be true) - one of whom had just found out he had cancer - his case was thrown out only when the judge laughed it out of court

*no communication with fans whatsoever

*promised investement for years with nothing happening

*no ambition

*no direction

*no likelihood of ever getting back to the top flight, where we've spent the majority of our history

....someone tell me a club on earth who would be averaging 44,000, getting 50,000 at some games in the second tier of their football, with all of that to contend with.Hmmm, we've averaged 20/25,000 for ten years of absoulte shite, getting higher gates each time we've been relegated, and as a two club city, I think that's outstanding

I'll guestimate now what clubs would get:

Liverpool 20,000 absolute tops

Celtic 15,000 tops it's happened before

Arsenal 25,000

Everton 13,000 it used to happen in the top flight

Villa 10,000

Leeds 18,000 it happened to them, they can't even be discussed in the same breath as us.

Tottenham :icon_lol:

Who knows what we would get if we had another two years down here, my view is 35-40,000, we have proved without question, without pause and without doubt when we sing "we are the loyalest football supporters the world has ever had" that is exactly what we are, and people who mention catchment areas....fuck off, this isn't a big catchment area, we have to share 1m with Sunderland, all of the clubs like Aston Villa, Everton, yids, even Leeds have a bigger direct catchment area than us. We have the best support in football and it's exactly why so many people try to shoot us down in flames, envy, jealousy and insecurity.

Just remember, you've had one tough year and you're bouncing straight back, we've had fifteen years of continual shite, and with no end in sight - it could be a damn sight worse!

You seem to think that you're only allowed to call a year tough if it includes not being in the Premiership? I think you need to be aware of the bigger picture. I dont know where to start with what our list would include...

Don't get me wrong, I myself have criticised our support at times, in terms of quality rather than quantity but we're still better than anyone else. Any uber neo toon fan reading that who is cringing because it's cool to pull every aspect of the club to pieces read it again. WE'RE STILL BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE.

I challenge someone to tell me a club on earth to go through what we've been through...

* Sacking of a legend in favour of a universally hated figure We've had umpteen managers who are never given time, some of them legends

* Absolute proof of scores of occasions we have been lied to had it for fifteen years

* Promises not delivered had it for fifteen years

* Four managers in one season been there

* Club for sale, then not, then back up, then not club continually up for sale with no interest

* Laughed at by every football supporter in Britain for the circus that has went on over the last 3 or 4 years been there

* An almost universally national celebration of our relegation not national but we've been a local laughing stock for the last decade

* Players earning 100k a week who care less about the club than horses been there, but not quite 100k

* No money to spend been there, seen it, done it, not bought the t shirt because we have no money

* No leadership at boardroom level been two years without a chairman

* No apparent long term aims see SWFC from 1999-2008

* Comparitively speaking reasonably expensive pricing systems which remain, which rake in far more money than at least half the Premiership had the biggest price hike in the history of the club days after being relegated

* Joey Barton Gilles de Bilde, Wim Jonk etc...

* Champions League to Championship in 5 years and 9 months 2 years in top flight, cup winners, now we're nowhere

Add to all the above -

*being called cretins, scum and venomous bitches by the chairman

*had supporters by the club sued for stating opinions on a message boad (opinions which often turned out to be true) - one of whom had just found out he had cancer - his case was thrown out only when the judge laughed it out of court

*no communication with fans whatsoever

*promised investement for years with nothing happening

*no ambition

*no direction

*no likelihood of ever getting back to the top flight, where we've spent the majority of our history

....someone tell me a club on earth who would be averaging 44,000, getting 50,000 at some games in the second tier of their football, with all of that to contend with.Hmmm, we've averaged 20/25,000 for ten years of absoulte shite, getting higher gates each time we've been relegated, and as a two club city, I think that's outstanding

I'll guestimate now what clubs would get:

Liverpool 20,000 absolute tops

Celtic 15,000 tops it's happened before

Arsenal 25,000

Everton 13,000 it used to happen in the top flight

Villa 10,000

Leeds 18,000 it happened to them, they can't even be discussed in the same breath as us.

Tottenham :icon_lol:

Who knows what we would get if we had another two years down here, my view is 35-40,000, we have proved without question, without pause and without doubt when we sing "we are the loyalest football supporters the world has ever had" that is exactly what we are, and people who mention catchment areas....fuck off, this isn't a big catchment area, we have to share 1m with Sunderland, all of the clubs like Aston Villa, Everton, yids, even Leeds have a bigger direct catchment area than us. We have the best support in football and it's exactly why so many people try to shoot us down in flames, envy, jealousy and insecurity.

Just remember, you've had one tough year and you're bouncing straight back, we've had fifteen years of continual shite, and with no end in sight - it could be a damn sight worse!

<_< If you look at the size of Sheffield Wednesday and Newcastle United relatively speaking I think we've had it tougher than you over the last 5 years.

1867 - has your Trust not looked into the possibility of purchasing the club? I met a couple of your lads at the Supporters Direct AGM last year and they were committed to the cause and from what I saw you had quite a thriving Supporters Trust but if things are as bad as you're saying what with the continual attempts to sell etc then I would have thought you'd have attempted a boyout yourselves by now?