Newcastle United vs Sheff Wed

Besty

Disappointing and Lovenkrands/Pancrate accomplished absolutely nothing between the two of them, so we'd have been better off leaving Jonas and Harewood on. Ultimately it looked like they wanted it more and they deserved it. Nevertheless, this is hardly a 'bad' result.

Another 2 points hoyed doon the netty thanks in main to Harpo.(not that he didn't have some help from the other clowns)

I hope that's the last time I see Harewood in a Black n' White shirt, he's a waste of valuable space when you've got Carroll & the lone Ranger chomping at the bit..

Have to question Hughton's savvy for leaving Harewood on for 83 useless minutes.

What's with Colo & Enrique dribbling on the goaline and giving away un-necessary corners.

And Guthrie ...........well less than impressive.

And Simpson ..........well even less impressive.

Another match we should have come away from with 3 points but I suppose one is better than none. :icon_lol:

How the fuck can Dion Dublin sit there and say that's a fair challenge on Harper, what a thick cunt.

There's no point in moaning about it, they had a legitimate shout for offside with Shola, they deserved that equaliser.

It was a fair result. We could have lost.

It just amazes me more, the longer this season goes on, how rubbish this league is. We are top of the league because we have lots of physical players and a good spirit. The footballing ability is very low, nowhere near the promotion teams of 1984 and 1993.

The warning signs were also there today that we are far from promoted, the lethargy of some of them especially the front players - again - is woeful and if they get complacent then we will drop out of the top 2.

Fantastic header by Nolan.

It just amazes me more, the longer this season goes on, how rubbish this league is. We are top of the league because we have lots of physical players and a good spirit. The footballing ability is very low, nowhere near the promotion teams of 1984 and 1993.

The warning signs were also there today that we are far from promoted, the lethargy of some of them especially the front players - again - is woeful and if they get complacent then we will drop out of the top 2.

It's beyond all comprehension how weak this league is.

Agreed. Week in, week out the standard is rotten. The '93 team would spank absolutely everybody in this league.

Basic lack of passing and movement in the centre of midfield (and extending out to the wings) in this one. We barely maintained the ball at all, let alone breaking forward. A quality headed goal from Nolan, and a good finish for their first. The other two weren't goals so cancel each other out. Cracking save from Harper. Too much stuffing about on the ball from Coloccini and Enrique, a sign that they're getting a bit too comfortable playing against lesser opponents. Spare for his goal I though Nolan was particularly weak. Guthrie tried hard but once again showed that he is clearly not a winger. He cannot beat anyone for pace, and consequently always has to check back inside slowing the play down. Thankfully their thick defenders didn't figure this out for pretty much the entire match. Butt was defensively quite good, but if he didn't constantly lopp the ball aimlessly forward he may have had less to do. Pancrate and Lovenkrands had nothing to do when they came on, because the ball was played over our midfield more often than not, and neither of them are targetmen. Carroll obviously is and did a good job. I'm thinking we'll see him start against Derby alongside Shola. Butt will probably miss out with Smith coming back in.

Edited by OzToonFan

Another 2 points hoyed doon the netty thanks in main to Harpo.(not that he didn't have some help from the other clowns)

I hope that's the last time I see Harewood in a Black n' White shirt, he's a waste of valuable space when you've got Carroll & the lone Ranger chomping at the bit..

Have to question Hughton's savvy for leaving Harewood on for 83 useless minutes.

What's with Colo & Enrique dribbling on the goaline and giving away un-necessary corners.

And Guthrie ...........well less than impressive.

And Simpson ..........well even less impressive.

Another match we should have come away from with 3 points but I suppose one is better than none. :icon_lol:

this sort of reply from the likes of you .........

How the fuck can Dion Dublin sit there and say that's a fair challenge on Harper, what a thick cunt.

There's no point in moaning about it, they had a legitimate shout for offside with Shola, they deserved that equaliser.

Thought Harper was being his usual, casual self anyway and should have done better even if he was fouled. And they deserved at least a point, like you say. What a crock of fucking shit the game was though. Wish I'd stayed in bed.

We seem to have problems with people lofting the ball into the box.................

Maybe some more work in training is necessary

otherwise it was an away point and a good wakeup call that even the lowest dross can bite us

I'm not saying that we haven't benefitted from poor refereeing decisions in the past couple of games, just pointing out what an idiot Dion Dublin is.

I know he had plenty company but I think it's worth pointing out how shit Guttierez was.

Now against Sheff Utd and Preston I think he did a good job when we were leading of holding onto the ball and counter-attacking but yesterday there was nowt.

It was also worrying how shit Pancrate was - you could say it was a poor time/situation to come on but I can't help thinking his initial promise might have been a con.

I know he had plenty company but I think it's worth pointing out how shit Guttierez was.

Now against Sheff Utd and Preston I think he did a good job when we were leading of holding onto the ball and counter-attacking but yesterday there was nowt.

It was also worrying how shit Pancrate was - you could say it was a poor time/situation to come on but I can't help thinking his initial promise might have been a con.

All the PSG fans say he is shiet. That is for a reason.

Thought Harper was being his usual, casual self anyway and should have done better even if he was fouled. And they deserved at least a point, like you say. What a crock of fucking shit the game was though. Wish I'd stayed in bed.

They made that point on the TV, Harper should have cleared the bloke out there, he should have been jumping with his knee up protecting himself and made the ball his. He was fouled and it should never have stood, but a big, dominant keeper wouldn't have allowed the foul to happen. He did make a great reaction save after that though!