FM10 - Newcastle All English Challenge

Besty

You have the first season/12 months (3 transfer windows) to sell off all your non English players and create an All English squad.

For the first season you may play non-English players but after that season you should not field anyone who isn't English.

All signings that are made should be English (No signing any other nationalities which could then be sold on..)

If you fail to get rid of any players already on the books by the start of the 2nd season you must stick them in your reserves until they are sold/out of contract.

Much like the players your coaching team should all be English too by the start of 2nd season

I'm starting one now, ill let you know how I get on :icon_lol:

EDIT: Also, how'd you manage to get Harewood? I try for him but they say he can't leave due to first team commitments. I'm running the 10.2 patch btw

Edited by Jon H

I've managed to sign Shorey/James Henry//Miles Addison and Mark Beevers on 48 months deals.... and Sol Campbell on a free.

Got Jack Wilshere on loan

Loaned out Loven/Colo/Jonas/Jose all with Future fees.

Sold Vuckic/Gems

off the top of my head at work at the moment.

And Scottish Mag I don't think i could have a team full off English men. :icon_lol:

Just done the August transfer window.

mjtpg2.png

Been doing great in the league, 5 games played, 5 wins, 7 goals, and 0 conceded.

My preferred formation is:

-----------Carroll--Ameobi-----

Wilshere--------------------Jonas

-----------Smith--Nolan---------

Shorey--Saylor--Kilgallon--Raylor

------------Harper

Subs:

Ranger

Lovenkrands

Harewood

Pancrate

Coloccini

Barton

Campbell

Ill give Ranger a start now and then just to get him match practice, he played really well in the first 3 games, scored 1 and had 2 disallowed that were questionable. But he ends up offsides too much and I think its a bit too early to make him my first choice striker. But him and Carroll should do well in the years ahead.

I'm starting one now, ill let you know how I get on <_<

EDIT: Also, how'd you manage to get Harewood? I try for him but they say he can't leave due to first team commitments. I'm running the 10.2 patch btw

They were saying that at the start of the transfer window for me as well, after they've played a few games and realised he's shit they'll let him go. :icon_lol:

Got promotion on the first attempt but only came 2nd to a strong West Brom side

League2010.jpg

As you can see from my goals scored I relied heavily on the loan signing of James Vaughan who scored the majority of my goals.

goals2010.jpg

Before the season even ended and having still had some transfer budget left (along with releasing Geremi which also allowed me to adjust my budget) I managed to strike a permanent deal for James Vaughan as well as setting up deals with Bolton and Wolves for Matty Taylor and Michael Kightly. I still hope to sign a better left winger but with Wilshere going back to Arsenal and me having to get rid of Jonas and Lovenkrands to complete my all English squad I was desperate to get some players in straight away.

Mate from work has started an all Scottish one with Celtic.

its not going well for him. :icon_lol:

I want to do an all Scottish one, just can't decide who to do it with. Would rather not go one of the Old Firm but I dont think any of the other clubs have the resources to do it...

Rodwell went back to Everton after his 3 month loan and got a 2 month injury. :icon_lol: Lost Harewood aswell.

Next transfer window came around and I brought in Nugent from Pompey on loan until the end of the season.

I'm currently sitting in 1st, 4 points clear of Nottm Forest in 2nd and unbeaten in 23 league games. <_<