Newcastle United 0-0 Derby County

Deano

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we wouldnt do bad tapping up that miles addison. showed more passion than alot of our lads.

He made three glaring mistakes in the first 20minutes.

Poor man's Bramble.

Edited by Attain

Interesting fare that. Not quite sure what everyone is moaning about. I make it we're still at least 10 points ahead of where we deserve to be. I thought we gave it a much better go in that first half than we have done most of this season, we just didn't get the goal we have been (often luckily) getting when we've been on top of games for far shorter.

Second half we were v v poor and lacked urgency and looked really unfit, but then thats no different (with a couple of exceptions) for the last 2 seasons. I could count on a couple of fingers the number of times we've performed in both halves in the last couple of years

Credit has to go derby for doing so well on the last ditch defending, especially the mint set pieces that taylor was knocking in.

No, I'm not happy to be held at home to derby but there's a reason why this lot of players is in this division, and I actually found that game as a whole more encouraging than a lot of others. We're shit, most of the division is shitter and we have to accept days like these, and be grateful for the ones when shola/nolan pinch the undeserved points.

we wouldnt do bad tapping up that miles addison. showed more passion than alot of our lads.

He made three glaring mistakes in the first 20minutes.

Poor man's Bramble.

If he weren't playing i think we would of won. Considering he hasn't played in months i thought he was ok.

Can someone tell my why we cant play football for longer than half a fuckin hour?

That has to be the single most frustrating game of football iv watched for a while...fuckin awful really.

I mean 1st half an hour is how we should of played for the full 90 mins but we dropped our head when things werent going our way and sat back far too much. Hughton mite be doing a decent job but he isnt a motivater!

Also on hughton his subs were shocking today...carroll was offering more than lovenkrands so why take him off? Lovenkrands's touch was shocking all night. Secondly why take Raylor off? He was playing well...wasnt the move to take simpson off who was blowing through his arse and drop raylor to right back? Baffling...

Enrique was a fuckin shower tonight too...

On a positive note...jonas played well with a few great balls, smudger worked hard with some solid tackles and carroll showed more promise...

Oh yeah steven taylor is a fuckin cunt.

NOT HAPPY

First half showed some improvement from the usual miserable displays but the second half took us back to reality.

Jonas did a lot better but as usual there was no finished product.

Enrique had another decent game but as usual most of his last touches went too long or directly to one of their players.

Simpson is just no good going forward.

I could go on and on about our frailties and lack of class but what's the point, we should have buried Derby in the first half and I fully expected us to do that in the second but as the game wore on I could see us not scoring and Derby perhaps sneaking a winner in. Thank God they didn't and thank God we at least got one point.

Dropping 4 points in two games against a team in the bottom three and the other not much higher does not bode well for us when the other teams are winning and closing the point-gap.

Why the fuck did Ryan taylor the greedy cunt not pass the ball into the path of Lovenkrands when he was clear on goal 1-on-1 with the keeper. Sure 1-on-1 is usually a good chance, but it's fucking not when you have an open man to your left who would be passing the ball into an open net. Disgraceful.

And Steven Taylor you silly bastard. Head it away from the keeper when you're less than 6 yards out. Must have thought he was making a fucking back pass.

Glorious opportunities wasted.

Why the fuck did Ryan taylor the greedy cunt not pass the ball into the path of Lovenkrands when he was clear on goal 1-on-1 with the keeper. Sure 1-on-1 is usually a good chance, but it's fucking not when you have an open man to your left who would be passing the ball into an open net. Disgraceful.

And Steven Taylor you silly bastard. Head it away from the keeper when you're less than 6 yards out. Must have thought he was making a fucking back pass.

Glorious opportunities wasted.

yeah i thought that with the raylor chance, as for saylors...well the fuckin knob went for the hollywood header like nolans on sat...what a ball from carroll tho!

Can someone tell my why we cant play football for longer than half a fuckin hour?

That has to be the single most frustrating game of football iv watched for a while...fuckin awful really.

I mean 1st half an hour is how we should of played for the full 90 mins but we dropped our head when things werent going our way and sat back far too much. Hughton mite be doing a decent job but he isnt a motivater!

Also on hughton his subs were shocking today...carroll was offering more than lovenkrands so why take him off? Lovenkrands's touch was shocking all night. Secondly why take Raylor off? He was playing well...wasnt the move to take simpson off who was blowing through his arse and drop raylor to right back? Baffling...

On a positive note...jonas played well with a few great balls, smudger worked hard with some solid tackles and carroll showed more promise...

NOT HAPPY

Just shows what a funny game football is like because I thought he had a canny first half but was terrible after the break. Hid all the time imo. Carroll was absolutely fucking shocking as well. Total disgrace. He seems to think he's a better player than he is at times and just strolls about. If Shola or Harewood had put that display in first half the crowd would have slaughtered them but Carroll seems to still get the benefit of the doubt. As an aside Nolan doesn't justify his place in the team if he doesn't score.

NOT HAPPY

Just shows what a funny game football is like because I thought he had a canny first half but was terrible after the break. Hid all the time imo. Carroll was absolutely fucking shocking as well. Total disgrace. He seems to think he's a better player than he is at times and just strolls about. If Shola or Harewood had put that display in first half the crowd would have slaughtered them but Carroll seems to still get the benefit of the doubt. As an aside Nolan doesn't justify his place in the team if he doesn't score.

See i know what your saying about carroll lookin a bit laboured but i honestly dont think playing with lovenkrands helped as he was all over the place so made it hard for carroll to anticipate where he should be positionally. That said though, the commentator claimed carroll was "prolific" in the air which i found funny as he had a couple of good chances and didnt connect...he's good and strong in the air but not prolific!

Alex mate i do think carroll is showing alot of promise though, a few of his touches to take him away from his man were great last night, most notably the one where he jinked away from his man and dinked the ball in for saylors chance.

I honestly think if carroll and shola were our front two consistently and we can get some sort of regular service from the flanks they both with score plenty.

As for nolan, he offers very little to the side both going forward or defensively and like butt does he got caught on the ball alot last night...thing is, because of his goal tally he wont be ousted from the team. Im starting to wonder when barton comes back if we should give him one last chance to prove himself because lets face it, attitude aside, he is the best passer of the ball through the middle we have!

Lovenkrands played quite well yesterday I thought. No one to blame for Carroll's lazy performance other than himself. Good ball for S Taylor's chance but he did about 3 good things all game.

Harper's distribution was worse than usual tonight. :icon_lol:

Aye it was dreadful

And against Sheffield too

I don't actually remember seeing one goal kick end up in toon possession

Same.

Against Derby, we had 3 attackers, mostly centre - left (from my view) and then he goes and kicks it where none of our players were!

He's way too casual aswell, like Wed's second goal, he just casually came out and they scored, and he casually came out against Barnsley for their first goal, not that they didn't deserve the goals, just I think without abit more urgency, he could of had more of a chance to save them.

He's still a good keeper, and I maybe being abit too negative about him, but he is Mr. Cool.

We were good in the first half, keeping the ball on the floor, passing it around moving into space etc...

Second half was a different story but still a lot better than Sheff Wed I thought without the finishing of course.

I feel the mistakes in this game lie with Hughton and his changes, the worst being the substitution of Ryan Taylor, when he was taken off all of our delivery into the box ceased, and this was where we looked our most dangerous all through the game, the only two of our midfield who can cross the ball well consistently were sitting on the bench by the end of the game, bad choice there Mr Hughton.

I also think Shola and Carroll should have started together because they link up well usually, Lovenkrands is absolute gash and should never start tbh, unless theres injuries.

Nolan was horrible for me, barely broke into a jog the whole game and is useless to us when hes not scoring, he can tackle, cant pass, cant shoot from distance and is slow as fuck to boot.

The defence were alright again and I think Gutierrez deserved his MOM.

We were good in the first half, keeping the ball on the floor, passing it around moving into space etc...

Second half was a different story but still a lot better than Sheff Wed I thought without the finishing of course.

I feel the mistakes in this game lie with Hughton and his changes, the worst being the substitution of Ryan Taylor, when he was taken off all of our delivery into the box ceased, and this was where we looked our most dangerous all through the game, the only two of our midfield who can cross the ball well consistently were sitting on the bench by the end of the game, bad choice there Mr Hughton.

I also think Shola and Carroll should have started together because they link up well usually, Lovenkrands is absolute gash and should never start tbh, unless theres injuries.

Nolan was horrible for me, barely broke into a jog the whole game and is useless to us when hes not scoring, he can tackle, cant pass, cant shoot from distance and is slow as fuck to boot.

The defence were alright again and I think Gutierrez deserved his MOM.

Spot on mate.

It was comical at the end when Jonas was left to take the corners and he shrugged as if to say;

"I can't cross a ball to save my life, never-mind take a fucking corner!"

:icon_lol:

His 1st of the 2 was a quality corner, and overall his end product was pretty good for a change!

His 1st of the 2 was a quality corner, and overall his end product was pretty good for a change!

He just leathered the first. It turned out quite well, but IMO, quite unintentional.

Edited by Martin