Chinese execute Brit

Rob W

Yeah I also found this pretty sad.

Whilst I don't agree with the death penalty, I understand If you break the law in China you are subjected to Chinese Law, BUT.... I read the other day the bloke tried to start an Airline company with no money a few years ago, and was actually in China trying to start a Pop career.

Clearly not 100% sane if you ask me.

Jan Moir must be on Holiday...

His case has prompted outrage in this country from
politicians
and from the
trendy metropolitan elite
, for whom drug use is a fashionable habit rather than serious criminal offence.

Yet for all this
orchestrated wailing
, is it not possible that China is right to put Shaikh to death?

Opinion pieces should have fines imposed on them when they spout such unsubstantiated drivel as that.

Which of the following crimes do you think should be punished with the death penalty? (Asked of all those who support the re-introduction of the death penalty for certain crimes)

Drug dealing 13%

Link

So even of all the people that do support the death penalty, almost 90% of them oppose it for drug offences and this fucker says it's only the trendy elites that would think such a thing.

Dipshit.

Edited by Happy Face

Not strictly 'a brit' in the true sense of the term anyway, juding by his name and photograph :icon_lol:

you mean the National Front sense of the term I take it...............

Not strictly 'a brit' in the true sense of the term anyway, juding by his name and photograph :icon_lol:

88 Comrade - Thanks to the chinese there is one less paki in the world! <_<

If I had a 'ban' button you would be gone by now. Hopefully it's just a matter of time as it's now in the hands of others.

Thanks Alex, of course I was. It was a sarcastic remark as I assumed the bloke above was serious when he said the person executed couldnt be British due to his name, Rob W picked up on his comment too.

If you'd like to take a deep breath and re read the whole thread you'll see I actually posted that I thought the execution was completley wrong!

Thanks Alex, of course I was. It was a sarcastic remark as I assumed the bloke above was serious when he said the person executed couldnt be British due to his name, Rob W picked up on his comment too.

If you'd like to take a deep breath and re read the whole thread you'll see I actually posted that I thought the execution was completley wrong!

Aye, if a ban is in order it's for the insider, not for saying the bloke can't really be a brit, but for his use of the word "anyway".

Edited by Happy Face

Apologies. There's casual racism on here not being dealt with at the mo and and it's annoying me. I jumped on that unnecessarily. My mistake Anth.

No worries, Its pretty difficult to judge peoples meaning and feelings when you see things in text, rather than hear them, I was probably wooshed by the bloke who made the comments for all I know. Sorry If I seemed a bit arsey telling you to re-read too.

If I may digress on drugs generally...

The Chinese have adopted one (but in my view the worse) of the two viable options. We prevaricate between them and so achieve nothing.

Option 1 - you have a genuine "war on drugs" which means you crack down on possession and use. There's no point just going after dealers, so long as the market's there and the profits are astronomical, new dealers will come forward to take the place of those you lock up. So what's necessary is to make the use of drugs prohibitively risky - it's too late to engender a culture of intolerance, too much of the population thinks drugs are ok. So you apply serious, meaningful criminal sanctions to the possession and use of drugs - and you cope with the backlash when the Mail complains about Tarquin and Jocasta getting a criminal record for doing a couple of E's at a party. You have to remove the market.

Option 2 - you legalise, regulate, and tax it. You control quality of supply so ameliorating health consequences, you regulate the supply to addicts, and you cut the price dramatically so that the incentive for the majority of our property-related crime is removed. You treat problem use as a medical rather than criminal issue. Side by side with this you have really draconian punishments for crimes committed under the influence, and for unauthorised supply. So for example minimum 15 years for dealing to kids.

I don't think anyone has the political will for either of these so we will continue to have a drugs culture which is generally accepted by society but also illegal, leading to all the associated crime associated with the supply and funding of use.

Edited by johnthebrief

That's exactly as I see it ^^^

Another factor is if option 2 worked, how much time the police would have to devote to other crime.

Of course just removing a market wouldn't get rid of the scum criminals (an argument a copper mate of mine uses) but I think it would clear the trees (users) and allow them to get at the woods easier.

Some good points made on this thread.

What sort of drugs was he dealing in? You would think the cufflinks would be pleased to have some drugs the miserable cunts.

Some good points made on this thread.

What sort of drugs was he dealing in? You would think the cufflinks would be pleased to have some drugs the miserable cunts.

China is not the place to be caught with 4k of H.