Barton: Players 'detached from reality'

acrossthepond

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get rid as soon as possible. He's no good, hasn't been since Man City, belongs and has always belonged firmly in the "debit" column of this club.

People saying "our best passer of the ball" must've forgotten what it is to watch him. Not hard considering his rate of appearance is worse than the much-derided Owen's.

I would welcome anyone who may breathe some life into this team.

I know we are top and have won games but fuck me we are still a pretty awful team in a dreadful league.

All our midfielders are dreadful so anything that offers a change should be welcomed.

Whats also happened to Lua Lua? Why cant he replace Jonas and be given a chance.

I would welcome anyone who may breathe some life into this team.

I know we are top and have won games but fuck me we are still a pretty awful team in a dreadful league.

All our midfielders are dreadful so anything that offers a change should be welcomed.

Whats also happened to Lua Lua? Why cant he replace Jonas and be given a chance.

Kazenga Lua-lua went out on loan and got injured i think he is gonna have a run out at plymouth.i see him in the pre season match against Leyton Orient he came on and was our best player...lively as fuck like

Was clearly carrying an injury at the start of the season, hence he didnt really do much in the first few games.

Still think he is the best footballer we have at the club.

he was playing with a cracked bone in his foot.He is the best passer of the ball and overall midfielder we have at the club.I think he gets it hard if you ask me.when he steps out of line the how world knows about it.Look what happened to Steven Gerrard when he had a fight!

I listened to the whole interview yesterday and it is well worth taking the time to hear

You can get it off the BBC website here

Barton came across as someone who has thought seriously about his problems, understood them and faced up to them.

His tips for that day's racing were shit though :icon_lol:<_<

He is the best player at the club, but he is also a total cunt

a fit and hungry barton in midfield in place of someone like nolan would make a difference, smith playing a holding position and allowing barton to carry the ball forward would give us an option we simply don't have atm

a fit and hungry barton in midfield in place of someone like nolan would make a difference, smith playing a holding position and allowing barton to carry the ball forward would give us an option we simply don't have atm

What a great speech Joey......

eh?

eh?

listen to his interview its brilliant

eh?

oh so you meant to quote someone else then, right, not going to listen to it though, he's said it all before hasn't he

eh?

oh so you meant to quote someone else then, right, not going to listen to it though, he's said it all before hasn't he

not like this interview its brilliant.im proud of him

Joey Barton is so predictable, he'll be booked on a regular basis, even sent off, lose his temper and basically let himself and the other players down.

More than likely he'll get injured sooner rather than later.

Most of which will happen within 4 weeks of his glorious comeback.

Just get rid at any price, total wanker.

You'd think he'd have the sense to keep his fucking mouth shut, wouldn't you?

Yes, he's learnt a lot about avoiding confrontation :D .

I'm just waiting for Chris Hughton to say "Having Joey back is just like signing a new player". Which no doubt he'll say if we don't in fact sign any new players.

I'm just waiting for Chris Hughton to say "Having Joey back is just like signing a new player". Which no doubt he'll say if we don't in fact sign any new players.

Sad but true. I'm sure we'll hear that in not too long.

Getting Joey Barton the decent footballer from 3+ years ago would be like signing a new player. Getting Joey Barton the player we've seen in spits and spats since he signed for us more than 2 and a half years ago is not like signing a new player.

Getting Joey Barton the decent footballer from 3+ years ago would be like signing a new player. Getting Joey Barton the player we've seen in spits and spats since he signed for us more than 2 and a half years ago is not like signing a new player.

Christ it's hard to believe that he's been here that long, surely even Owen was available for us more than Barton?

You wish he would follow uop the stuff he comes out with and produce it on the pitch because lets be honest at his best he'd be our top midfielder, he's not a world beater but he would be our best. However he hasn't shown it, he's trouble and pretty injury prone as well so i'd be happy to see him sold.

If he could get his act together, stay fit and keep out of trouble (on and off the pitch) i'd be happy for him to stay as we have very few decent midfielders, but how likely is all of this to happen!

Christ it's hard to believe that he's been here that long, surely even Owen was available for us more than Barton?

I think Happy Face did the numbers, and yeah, Owen had a better rate of appearance for us.

I cant and never would condone the things he's done and when the journalist realed off that list off incidents i was shocked, that being said though, he does come across as a very articulate, and prefoundly grounded person. Speaks his mind and is exposingly honest about his problems.

Yes he has been a cunt, yes he has had problems, yes he has said similar things before BUT this time its his last chance, i think he knows that.

I look forward to his return and i do think he will come good and be a key player for us until the end of the season, especially now if smith is going to be out for a while.

Him and smith in the middle with jonas on the left or right with a new left or right winger would do ok in the premier league imo.