They're letting me out of the country

The Fish

I'm going to Paris tomorrow.. get in!

cheap travel and free accomodation, gonna stay with friends, pretend to be edumercated and tawk proper like what I'm s'posed to.

I need to buy a book in the hairyport that looks intellectual, without actually being an effort to read.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

57141[/snapback]

Aye, don't be a pretentious prat and just buy something you'd actually like to read. ;)

Of course it may be advisable to avoid the top-shelf stuff if there'll be bairns on the flight. ;)

Enjoy Paris though. It's somewhere I'd love to visit and have yet to discover....

Edited by catmag

What about 'The Da Vinci Code' or the latest Harry Potter? Seriously though, if you're after something cool to read you probably won't find it in WHSmith at the airport. In any case have a good un, Paris is a great city.

In any case have a good un, Paris is a great city.

57155[/snapback]

Agreed. Thought I'd be bored shitless when I went but I absolutely loved the place.

It's a bit of a strange city, I'm not 100% convinced by it - I prefer smaller French cities. Can be very expensive with plenty of people trying to rip you off - especially in bars.

If your in a car make sure nobody sets it alight. ;)

It's a bit of a strange city, I'm not 100% convinced by it - I prefer smaller French cities. Can be very expensive with plenty of people trying to rip you off - especially in bars.

If your in a car make sure nobody sets it alight.  ;)

57184[/snapback]

I reckon you're just looking for an argument about it tbh. ;)

It's quite amusing GF is shallow enough to read a book just to try and look intellectual though.

57185[/snapback]

Quite amusing such a pretentious person hasn't been to Paris too, or even abroad, as is implied by the thread title.

57184[/snapback]

I reckon you're just looking for an argument about it tbh. :razz:

57186[/snapback]

Oh no I'm not. ;)

No, Paris OK, I'm just not as enamoured by it as some people are, but its well worth a long visit. I'll tell you where I really like which is generally disregarded by people - Brussels. The beer alone makes it worthwhile - truely amazing.

57184[/snapback]

57186[/snapback]

Oh no I'm not. ;)

No, Paris OK, I'm just not as enamoured by it as some people are, but its well worth a long visit. I'll tell you where I really like which is generally disregarded by people - Brussels. The beer alone makes it worthwhile - truely amazing.

57196[/snapback]

I loved Paris but my girlfriend speaks pretty good French which definitely helps. I've never been to Belgium although I've got a fancy for Brugges which is meant to be beautiful and, as you mention, Belgian beer is the dog's bollocks. Never considered Brussels though.

57184[/snapback]

57186[/snapback]

Oh no I'm not. ;)

57196[/snapback]

Brussels is alreet but nowt special. Expensive as well. I was there with work earlier this year.

57184[/snapback]

57186[/snapback]

Oh no I'm not. :razz:

57196[/snapback]

I loved Paris but my girlfriend speaks pretty good French which definitely helps. I've never been to Belgium although I've got a fancy for Brugges which is meant to be beautiful and, as you mention, Belgian beer is the dog's bollocks. Never considered Brussels though.

57197[/snapback]

If you like trains (which I do ;) ) you can get the Eurostar there, and enjoy the trip with a couple of bottles of Duval. Lots of good cheap hotels, well worth a trip for a weekend. But then again, I love weekend trips to most European cities. Easyjet and Ryan air have changed everything, even if they are shagging the environment.

57184[/snapback]

57186[/snapback]

Oh no I'm not. ;)

57196[/snapback]

Brussels is alreet but nowt special. Expensive as well. I was there with work earlier this year.

57198[/snapback]

Twice as cheap as gay Paris - FACT.

57184[/snapback]

57186[/snapback]

Oh no I'm not. ;)

57196[/snapback]

57198[/snapback]

57201[/snapback]

Never been to Paris so I wouldn't know. FACT.

57184[/snapback]

57186[/snapback]

Oh no I'm not. ;)

57196[/snapback]

57198[/snapback]

57201[/snapback]

Never been to Paris so I wouldn't know. FACT.

57203[/snapback]

OK, three times as cheap as London - FACT.

Just about everywhere's cheaper than London, apart from some of the bars doon the Quayside ;)

57205[/snapback]

This country's seriously a rip off - I paid £3.20 for a pint of Stella in a normal pub in Edinburgh earlier this year.

I'd love to go on holiday to the western isles of Scotland, but its actually cheaper to go to the Carribean. ;)

Just about everywhere's cheaper than London, apart from some of the bars doon the Quayside ;)

57205[/snapback]

This country's seriously a rip off - I paid £3.20 for a pint of Stella in a normal pub in Edinburgh earlier this year.

I'd love to go on holiday to the western isles of Scotland, but its actually cheaper to go to the Carribean. ;)

57206[/snapback]

Places like Skye are beautiful but you're right, a week in the Western Isles would probably be the more than a week abroad. And it's harder to get there!

57205[/snapback]

57206[/snapback]

Places like Skye are beautiful but you're right, a week in the Western Isles would probably be the more than a week abroad. And it's harder to get there!

57207[/snapback]

Actually I might give Skye a go this year, I think the bridge is now free at least. Mull is absolutely stunning, and gives access to Iona and Staffa. However, the ferry over there is a complete rip off!

57205[/snapback]

57206[/snapback]

57207[/snapback]

Actually I might give Skye a go this year, I think the bridge is now free at least. Mull is absolutely stunning, and gives access to Iona and Staffa. However, the ferry over there is a complete rip off!

57212[/snapback]

Is Staffa the place with the basalt formations like Giant's Causeway? If so, I'd love to go. It looks amazing I've seen it on TV before.

57205[/snapback]

57206[/snapback]

57207[/snapback]

57212[/snapback]

Is Staffa the place with the basalt formations like Giant's Causeway? If so, I'd love to go. It looks amazing I've seen it on TV before.

57220[/snapback]

Yeah, it is. You need to get a small boat to take you there, and weather permitting (a big uncertainty), it will drop you off on Staffa and you can enter Fingal's cave. The wildlife is amazing too - whales, seals, every type of sea bird imaginable. Well worth it even though it is a complete bugger to get to.

57205[/snapback]

57206[/snapback]

57207[/snapback]

57212[/snapback]

57220[/snapback]

Yeah, it is. You need to get a small boat to take you there, and weather permitting (a big uncertainty), it will drop you off on Staffa and you can enter Fingal's cave. The wildlife is amazing too - whales, seals, every type of sea bird imaginable. Well worth it even though it is a complete bugger to get to.

57227[/snapback]

Last time I was there I saw a 'Seafari' advertised that went there as well as a couple of other places. Might head back up there next Summer, I love it.