Firefly

The Fish

is it  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

finished watching the four discs from the first season,

floated my boat...a sci-fi western with Wheddons grasp of human nature and relationships.

not reall dependant on graphics and those that are used, are good enough so that they don't detract from the decent performances from hitherto unknown actors.

It was absolutely fantastic and it was criminal that it was cancelled after the first season. Serenity was a great movie and really tied up all the loose ends from the series, but stands up as a movie in its own right at the same time. Though while watching Serenity I felt kinda cheated, had there been another series there was so much that could have been explored.

I'm a huge Buffy and Angel fan and I thought it was pretty good but not as good as other fans thought it was. I enjoyed it but it didn't really grab me. I watched the movie last week and found myself not really caring about the characters enough.

I do agree its cancellation was criminal though.

I'm a huge Buffy and Angel fan  and I thought it was pretty good but not as good as other fans thought it was. I enjoyed it but it didn't really grab me. I watched the movie last week and found myself not really caring about the characters enough.

57150[/snapback]

;) You've just lost any credibility you had on here tbh.

I'm a huge Buffy and Angel fan  and I thought it was pretty good but not as good as other fans thought it was. I enjoyed it but it didn't really grab me. I watched the movie last week and found myself not really caring about the characters enough.

57150[/snapback]

57165[/snapback]

I think you'll find Papa Lazaru is big fan as well.

57150[/snapback]

57165[/snapback]

57226[/snapback]

Christ! This place gets more lavender by the minute.

57150[/snapback]

:lol: You've just lost any credibility you had on here tbh.

57165[/snapback]

57226[/snapback]

Christ! This place gets more lavender by the minute.

57233[/snapback]

Have you actually watched Angel? Name another TV series where the DVDs are 18s because of the violence (The Sopranos and The Shield are the only ones that spring to mind).

Do you have any idea how much top tottie was in Buffy?

I've seen both and I think both are shit. I'd give Buffy and her mate one like.

57248[/snapback]

"Shit" I can take - just the gay thing for those two shows is a bit off ;)

57249[/snapback]

Alreet mate, soz like :lol:

57150[/snapback]

57165[/snapback]

57226[/snapback]

Don't think you can use the word 'big' in the same sentence as Papa Lazaru tbh ;)

57150[/snapback]

57165[/snapback]

57226[/snapback]

Don't think you can use the word 'big' in the same sentence as Papa Lazaru tbh :razz:

57353[/snapback]

:razz: How very dare you!!!

Anyway onto the subjects at hand:

Firefly was, by the time it was cancelled really starting to look good and showing how good it would go on to be. The movie Serenity was excellent and hopefully they will at least make 1 or 2 more movies if not ever ressurect the tv series.

Buffy and Angel are both great programmes in every facet imaginable and as somebody said Angel in particular has alot of dark, disturbing stuff and violence in it compared with alot of tv coming out of the USA and Buffy is just an excellent programme and anybody who says otherwise is a great big bummer ;)

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Do you watch Party of Five as well, PL? :lol:

57378[/snapback]

No, but it was mentioned in an episode of Curb your enthusiasm last week as Larry tried to get somebody to admit their was a good version of Hodgkins Lymphoma :razz:

Buffy and Angel are programmes that if they didn't have the "fantasy" and incorrect "teen label attached to them would be recognised for how good they are, but who gives a shit, i have in total 12 series of stuff i love to watch and i'm happy!

And before you ask i don;t watch Dawson's Creek either ;)

Do you watch Party of Five as well, PL? ;)

57378[/snapback]

No, but it was mentioned in an episode of Curb your enthusiasm last week as Larry tried to get somebody to admit their was a good version of Hodgkins Lymphoma :razz:

57385[/snapback]

Not good, better. That doesn't make it good. :lol:

57378[/snapback]

Buffy and Angel are programmes that if they didn't have the "fantasy" and incorrect "teen label attached to them would be recognised for how good they are, but who gives a shit, i have in total 12 series of stuff i love to watch and i'm happy!

57385[/snapback]

Beat me to it. I'm trying to get me head around what a program featuring demons, vampires and the like is if it isn't "fantasy". Unless you believe in all that shite :razz:

:razz:

57378[/snapback]

57385[/snapback]

Beat me to it. I'm trying to get me head around what a program featuring demons, vampires and the like is if it isn't "fantasy". Unless you believe in all that shite :razz:

57391[/snapback]

No, the "fantasy" label is correct but leads to snobbery as has been the case for tv, films, books and anything else with that label. The "teen" label is incorrect as that implies they're akin to shit like Dawson't Creek when they are in a different league.

Anyway, you know you love them both, but just won't admit it :razz:

57378[/snapback]

No, but it was mentioned in an episode of Curb your enthusiasm last week as Larry tried to get somebody to admit their was a good version of Hodgkins Lymphoma :blink:

57385[/snapback]

57391[/snapback]

No, the "fantasy" label is correct but leads to snobbery as has been the case for tv, films, books and anything else with that label. The "teen" label is incorrect as that implies they're akin to shit like Dawson't Creek when they are in a different league.

57395[/snapback]

They are for kids though, right? :razz:

Seriously though, I have watched them as wor lass likes both. They do me heed in tbh. They are better than thinly veiled morality plays like 'Dawson's Creek' though.

57378[/snapback]

No, but it was mentioned in an episode of Curb your enthusiasm last week as Larry tried to get somebody to admit their was a good version of Hodgkins Lymphoma :blink:

57385[/snapback]

Beat me to it. I'm trying to get me head around what a program featuring demons, vampires and the like is if it isn't "fantasy". Unless you believe in all that shite :blink:

57391[/snapback]

57395[/snapback]

They are for kids though, right? :razz:

Seriously though, I have watched them as wor lass likes both. They do me heed in tbh. They are better than thinly veiled morality plays like 'Dawson's Creek' though.

57398[/snapback]

They're for anyone with taste :razz:

They're two of my favourite programmes, so we could be at this for a while :blink:

But can we all agree for once and for all that Harry Potter books are for children?

57397[/snapback]

;)

If you've read them all then you can have an opinion, until then, you know nothing :lol:

57399[/snapback]

Having read the first one, i would say it was alright. Loads of other stuff I'd rather read though. The 'adult' covers are a canny funny concept like.