Comical Dekka

peasepud

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all very mature from someone aligned to the NUST.

No wonder Llambias doesn't want to discuss anything with them :icon_lol:

Painting yourselves as a bunch of amateurs tbh

Edited by Sima

Haha, nope. Sooner he's out the better...just not to these clowns.

Who would you like? Sheard? Moat? after all theres a long list waiting to take his place.

These "clowns" are the only people who have come up with a credible purchase plan, if these "clowns" take over then they'll be sat next to you at the game, serving you in the pub, sorting out your car insurance and possibly saving your life should you ever need it.

These "clowns" are me, him, the bloke next door and the family across the road.

These "clowns" run your local, own your favourite restaurants, drink with you down the pub and sort out your tax returns.

These "clowns" are the same as you, only difference is these "clowns" have the bottle to stand up and have a go, (that and the fact that these "clowns" had the sense to see ages ago that the real clowns were running this club into the ground, you didnt).

Who would you like? Sheard? Moat? after all theres a long list waiting to take his place.

These "clowns" are the only people who have come up with a credible purchase plan, if these "clowns" take over then they'll be sat next to you at the game, serving you in the pub, sorting out your car insurance and possibly saving your life should you ever need it.

These "clowns" run your local, own your favourite restaurants, drink with you down the pub and sort out your tax returns.

These "clowns" are the same as you, only difference is these "clowns" have the bottle to stand up and have a go, (that and the fact that these "clowns" had the sense to see ages ago that the real clowns were running this club into the ground, you didnt).

I'm talking about the "clowns" running the show that come out with drivel saying, "we're not wanting to get into a slanging match with Ashley but...." and then come out and release statements with rubbish like we're making £7m profit a month.

I'm talking about the "clowns" running the show that come out with drivel saying, "we're not wanting to get into a slanging match with Ashley but...." and then come out and release statements with rubbish like we're making £7m profit a month.

Fair comment.

I know you've been working hard on this PP but you shouldn't take the criticism so personally. I've become pretty disillusioned with the Trust myself and I was right behind the idea (in principle at least) at first. The apparent lack of movement and the daft statements are the main reasons.

As for Llambias, he'll talk to who he's told to talk to, i.e. anyone with the money the owner wants for the club.

I think the idea in principle is brilliant. Would be idealistic and fantastic to think something like this could happen. Something of this scale though would be hard work even if I had confidence in the people in charge of it knowing what they were doing, nevermind a bunch of people who seem to be shooting themselves in the foot with every statement they make.

Think it's very misleading releasing an e-mail saying Ashley is making £7m a month. That could very easily encourage people who don't know much about finance or whatever to pump in £100s or even £1000s because they've got this, "anyone but Ashley" mentality, and think they'd quite easily even see a return on their investment thinking they could be a part of this £7m profit, or would I be too cynical in thinking that this is the aim?

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I've become pretty disillusioned with the Trust myself and I was right behind the idea (in principle at least) at first. The apparent lack of movement and the daft statements are the main reasons.

Pretty much how I feel too.

I think the idea in principle is brilliant. Would be idealistic and fantastic to think something like this could happen. Something of this scale though would be hard work even if I had confidence in the people in charge of it knowing what they were doing, nevermind a bunch of people who seem to be shooting themselves in the foot with every statement they make.

Think it's very misleading releasing an e-mail saying Ashley is making £7m a month. That could very easily encourage people who don't know much about finance or whatever to pump in £100s or even £1000s because they've got this, "anyone but Ashley" mentality, and think they'd quite easily even see a return on their investment thinking they could be a part of this £7m profit, or would I be too cynical in thinking that this is the aim?

Firstly, I wouldnt personally have issued that statement, there was no need for it as it doesnt add any weight to the aim of the email therefore personally, I dont think it shopuld have been in there. At the same time though, I dont see what the big issue is, we've made it clear in the mail that we're not accusing him and we dont know if its true or not. It is however a claim that is being made by people far more knowledgable than you, me and anyone else on the Trust. So when the relevant media outlets issue the story along with their evidence then what then? Are they just a bunch of tossers shooting themselves in the foot?

Nobody has said the club is making £7m per month profit, what is being alleged is that is the amount being taken from the club, the two things are totally different, if we were making £7m per month profit and Ashley took it all then Id think "twat...but its his money, his club he can technically do what he wants with it". If however, this club isnt making that kind of profit (and we all know it isnt) and £7m per month is going to Ashley then thats a totally different matter.

I cant however, comment on the wheres and whys because frankly I dont know, Ive not been involved in this particular bit because of my personal circumstances at the mo, Ive been copied into stuff and Ive put my own comments in, rubber stamped stuff etc but only minimal things. I do however back the decision to do it, we have a PR person on board and what he says goes as far as Im concerned, as long as the mail came through him then I know he must have his reasons for putting it in.

However, just because I wouldnt have put that out doesnt mean Im right, theres many a thing I would have done differently, in hindsight some of them would have been beneficial others would have made the organisation look even dafter. What seems a good idea one day, isnt necessarily one once its taken place.

I will however take it personally when Im accused of being a clown because Im part of this, a lot of hard work has gone into this, a lot of stuff is still going on yet as usual people are willing to rip it apart because of 2 lines in an email. As this thread shows (which some see as some kind of NUST thing just because I did it) the other side of the argument (ie the club) make statements of way worse than this each day yet dont get the kind of ridicule the Trust does.

"the other side of the argument (ie the club) make statements of way worse than this each day yet dont get the kind of ridicule the Trust does"

Give over, course it does. Some of the statements Ashley & Llambias have put out on the official site or newspapers have bordered the ridiculous and have been roundly slated. The NUST are putting themselves in a position where they want to take their places in running the club, so are obviously going to come under scrutiny and criticism if they come out with things like that, or does the "We've put a lot of hard work and are at least trying to do something" line we keep hearing make you exempt from that?

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Firstly, I wouldnt personally have issued that statement, there was no need for it as it doesnt add any weight to the aim of the email therefore personally, I dont think it shopuld have been in there. At the same time though, I dont see what the big issue is, we've made it clear in the mail that we're not accusing him and we dont know if its true or not. It is however a claim that is being made by people far more knowledgable than you, me and anyone else on the Trust. So when the relevant media outlets issue the story along with their evidence then what then? Are they just a bunch of tossers shooting themselves in the foot?

Nobody has said the club is making £7m per month profit, what is being alleged is that is the amount being taken from the club, the two things are totally different, if we were making £7m per month profit and Ashley took it all then Id think "twat...but its his money, his club he can technically do what he wants with it". If however, this club isnt making that kind of profit (and we all know it isnt) and £7m per month is going to Ashley then thats a totally different matter.

I cant however, comment on the wheres and whys because frankly I dont know, Ive not been involved in this particular bit because of my personal circumstances at the mo, Ive been copied into stuff and Ive put my own comments in, rubber stamped stuff etc but only minimal things. I do however back the decision to do it, we have a PR person on board and what he says goes as far as Im concerned, as long as the mail came through him then I know he must have his reasons for putting it in.

However, just because I wouldnt have put that out doesnt mean Im right, theres many a thing I would have done differently, in hindsight some of them would have been beneficial others would have made the organisation look even dafter. What seems a good idea one day, isnt necessarily one once its taken place.

I will however take it personally when Im accused of being a clown because Im part of this, a lot of hard work has gone into this, a lot of stuff is still going on yet as usual people are willing to rip it apart because of 2 lines in an email. As this thread shows (which some see as some kind of NUST thing just because I did it) the other side of the argument (ie the club) make statements of way worse than this each day yet dont get the kind of ridicule the Trust does.

Then I'd steer clear of doing "Random Dekka Lie Generator LULZ!11" things as, if you are involved in the NUST, it makes you look immature and amateur.

You need to look as capable and professional as possible, wanting people to put down their hard earned. This isn't going to make people invest as it comes accross as a childish and crass smear campaign.

I think having a dig at Pud because he's made a daft image generator is a bit harsh. Not that he needs me to defend him, as demonstrated above.

I would say however , this is arguably nothing compared to the level of shit which will invetably be thrown your way should NUST eventually gain control of the club.

Hope you've got thick skin Pud, it'll be needed.

Of course he'll need it. Just as every single owner/board member/chairman up and down the country does, and I'm sure he knows this and is prepared for it. Would have been naive for anybody to start something of this scale and not expect criticism or scepticism, and after reading Peasepud's posts on here over the years I'm sure he's ready for it.

Lets hope Robbie Savage doesn't read this :icon_lol:

I think having a dig at Pud because he's made a daft image generator is a bit harsh. Not that he needs me to defend him, as demonstrated above.

I would say however , this is arguably nothing compared to the level of shit which will invetably be thrown your way should NUST eventually gain control of the club.

Hope you've got thick skin Pud, it'll be needed.

You know the daft thing is, I wont need that thick skin because the minute the club is purchased (or rather as soon as the President is elected) I would be walking away from it, at that point its job done as far as Im concerned. As Ive said before, personally I dont have the necessary skills to be part of the actual running of the club, and Im sure they wont take offence when I say I dont believe that any of the others do either.

Just as we wont get the abuse, we also wont get the praise either but frankly that doesnt bother me, I'd happily go back to trying to organise the Supporters Club side of things, getting things back on track there. Away day trips, local charities all that sort of thing, thats what I was happy to be involved with in the first place.

Of course he'll need it. Just as every single owner/board member/chairman up and down the country does, and I'm sure he knows this and is prepared for it. Would have been naive for anybody to start something of this scale and not expect criticism or scepticism, and after reading Peasepud's posts on here over the years I'm sure he's ready for it.

I'll take that as a compliment :icon_lol:

The email uses the word profit though. Regardless how correct the allegations are, the author should have been aware (or been made aware) how it would be interpreted by critical minds. The aim of the NUST to fulfil their target has to be to get more support. So those who are already committed to the course don't count. It's about the undecided and critical minds. So I don't think the NUST has done itself a favour there - rather shot itself in the food with the wrong use of its ammunition.

Criticising the club for its shambolic communication and propaganda is all fair and good, but at some point you have to do it better. A lot of the good things the NUST stands for and is trying to achieve are getting lost in between those repeatedly stupid public releases. And as there seem to be enough sensible people spearheading the NUST I fail to understand how they can make those daft statements again and again. They could get away with it if it had been the first time. Unfortunately it wasn't.

The email uses the word profit though. Regardless how correct the allegations are, the author should have been aware (or been made aware) how it would be interpreted by critical minds. The aim of the NUST to fulfil their target has to be to get more support. So those who are already committed to the course don't count. It's about the undecided and critical minds. So I don't think the NUST has done itself a favour there - rather shot itself in the food with the wrong use of its ammunition.

Criticising the club for its shambolic communication and propaganda is all fair and good, but at some point you have to do it better. A lot of the good things the NUST stands for and is trying to achieve are getting lost in between those repeatedly stupid public releases. And as there seem to be enough sensible people spearheading the NUST I fail to understand how they can make those daft statements again and again. They could get away with it if it had been the first time. Unfortunately it wasn't.

Maybe critical minds need to look at the actual statement again and review it.

My reading (and Im not saying its right but it makes more grammatical sense) is that Ashley is making a profit of £7m per month. Not taking the clubs £7m profits.

sources have told us that Mr Ashley is making up to £7m profit out of our club every month

If it was how you put it then I would have expected it to read "Mr Ashley is taking £7m of the clubs profits every month".

Also on reading that, it doesnt say £7m every month or even an average of £7m but to me it says hes taking a profit/cut/dividend/whatever you want to call it each month, this amount fluctuates and in some case(s) its been as much as £7m.

My reading (and Im not saying its right but it makes more grammatical sense) is that Ashley is making a profit of £7m per month. Not taking the clubs £7m profits.

sources have told us that Mr Ashley is making up to £7m profit out of our club every month

If it was how you put it then I would have expected it to read "Mr Ashley is taking £7m of the clubs profits every month".

Also on reading that, it doesnt say £7m every month or even an average of £7m but to me it says hes taking a profit/cut/dividend/whatever you want to call it each month, this amount fluctuates and in some case(s) its been as much as £7m.

I'm with you on the last paragragh, but the "out of our club every month" makes it clear what the writer is on about.

IMHO

I don't want to split hairs and am definitely not qualified to say what is making more grammatical sense in the English language. Thing is though that it easily could get misinterpreted and if you look at the reactions elsewhere there have been enough native speakers misinterpreting and mocking the statement. So at least the wording has been unfortunate. That's all I am on about. If you make bold statements like this either the language has to be pretty clear or the content does have to be explained. Otherwise it is (and has been) only goof for causing confusion. At least the barrister on board of the committee should have been aware of this iyam.