Comical Dekka

peasepud

I'm with you on the last paragragh, but the "out of our club every month" makes it clear what the writer is on about.

IMHO

I disagree, to me anyway thats £7m profit made by Ashley, not £7m of the clubs profits. Even if it did mean clubs profits, the "upto £7m" changes it, that could equate to last February when the sale of players meant we did make a large profit.

I agree with Isegrim though that the whole thing is badly worded, misjudged and does nothing to enhance the reputation of the organisation and campaign. As many have said, we are trying to run a campaign based on a moral standpoint of these people are no good for our club, on one hand we rubbish statements made by the club while with the other we come up with stuff like this.

The problem here is that the writer knows exactly what is meant by the wording, anyone reading it who knows the allegations (I dont fully) would also understand it, trouble is 99.9999% of fans dont yet and therefore it does read wrong. If we'd waited until after the relevant news article then we wouldnt have had a problem imo, then we could have said "recent reports allege that Mr Ashley blah blah blah", people would have known what we were on about and all would have been fine.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would have looked a lot better for this to have come out in the press first(as PP alludes may happen), and let them do the dirty work on it.

Let them sling the mud while a day or so later, NUST can come out with another little positive PR update on the campaign, not even having to mention the current owners. They'd look like saviours.

Even if it turns out Ashley is somehow taking £7m from the club a month, which I still don't believe, I'd love to know how that's "profit" after the amount he's put into easing the debts.

how much is that again?

Even if it turns out Ashley is somehow taking £7m from the club a month, which I still don't believe, I'd love to know how that's "profit" after the amount he's put into easing the debts.

how much is that again?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...relegation.html

When Ashley bought the club in May 2007 he paid around £134 million to former chairmen Sir John Hall, Freddie Shepherd and other significant shareholders, before paying off £100 million of debt laid on the club by these previous regimes.

Should Ashley decide to sell he is likely to have to be flexible. His investment in the club includes an interest-free loan of £100 million, repayable on demand. Any new owner will want the loan written off or deferred until Premier League status is regained.
Edited by Optimistic Nut

got the accounts linked anywhere with the proof?

I only ask because ''The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United"

A year old article in the Chronicle? Well that's me convinced. :icon_lol: Can't believe anyone still believes a word Ashley has said or that people are effectively still defending him. Worse than Mackems tbh.

It's more a criticism of the NUST than defending Ashley. Like I say, I want him out, and agree with the idea in principle, but they need better people running it without pathetic little digs like that and using "hearsay".

Why don't all the people on N-O saying it needs better people get involved?

Ask them.

I have.

"Because the whole thing is going to fall flat on its arse."

Was the only response.

As Homer Simpson said "Kids, You Tried Your Best and You Failed Miserably. The Lesson Is, Never Try."

A year old article in the Chronicle? Well that's me convinced. :icon_lol: Can't believe anyone still believes a word Ashley has said or that people are effectively still defending him. Worse than Mackems tbh.

Give over man. :icon_lol:

It's funny cos i said the same thing over on N-O yesterday.

Great minds....

Give over man. :icon_lol:

It's funny cos i said the same thing over on N-O yesterday.

Great minds....

I love how being sceptical or against a potential new investor makes you "pro Ashley" and "worse than a Mackem". I remember seeing a snippet from the NUST a few months back saying they were a bit sceptical about Barry Moat's credentials. Does this make them pro-Ashley? Bollocks man.

I don't see them claiming that they do, they're clearly working on it though with the clubs best interest at heart rather than just moaning

put up or shut up IMO, no one is stopping you getting involved with the NUST and getting your opinion voiced, try going into the boardroom next time FMA is in town and giving him a piece of your mind

Is that the only line people have if you don't think the NUST will be a success, "well why don't you do something about it"?

well?

why don't you?