The iPad thread

ChezGiven

I like the iPad. I done a massive bit of research in price, quality and how good the tablet was. Had a look at the 101 tablet but with no android Market and no support for any of the tv catch up players I gave that a miss. Had a look at the blackberry playbook and heard of problems with bugs and crashing.

Finally I arrived on the iPad and went for it. People say there is a lack of flash however I just got an app called swifter, with this app I can view flash websites with flash videos. I need this app to access my investment course. In terms of presentations to clients, I can simply take out the numbers app and convert things easily in to a chart or download the keynote speakers app to make interactive slide presentations. I do have my desktop however I have it linked up to a 42inch plasma due to wanting to stream love film, sky player through it. I have the remote app just incase I need access to it when I am out. The sky app for the iPad is awesome. Run through the programs and press's record. Also the apps for all the catch up tv players from BBC etc were there. Catch up tv which streams tv channels is also excellent. It is streaming but good enough for something that's fuck all.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres decent alternatives out there not just apple

That new Asus tablet has gotten brilliant reviews

which asus tablet is that you sure that htc flyer looks good to quite like android devices

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/06/15/revi...ad_transformer/

Hanging fire on android tablet for a while yet personally , but with these pads - of whichever O/S etc, I can't help but agree with the review that putting cameras on them is pretty much a white elephant . If ditching it, or offering a no camera option that knocked say £50 off these early prices maybe they'd be more widely tempting .

I like the iPad. I done a massive bit of research in price, quality and how good the tablet was. Had a look at the 101 tablet but with no android Market and no support for any of the tv catch up players I gave that a miss. Had a look at the blackberry playbook and heard of problems with bugs and crashing.

Finally I arrived on the iPad and went for it. People say there is a lack of flash however I just got an app called swifter, with this app I can view flash websites with flash videos. I need this app to access my investment course. In terms of presentations to clients, I can simply take out the numbers app and convert things easily in to a chart or download the keynote speakers app to make interactive slide presentations. I do have my desktop however I have it linked up to a 42inch plasma due to wanting to stream love film, sky player through it. I have the remote app just incase I need access to it when I am out. The sky app for the iPad is awesome. Run through the programs and press's record. Also the apps for all the catch up tv players from BBC etc were there. Catch up tv which streams tv channels is also excellent. It is streaming but good enough for something that's fuck all.

I've got a 101 and you can install the market via arctools and get access to all the players.

HP are offering employees the touchpad for 100 off rrp. Still not keen on a tablet like.

Naw me either, much rather have my wee asus netbook, more powerful, more storage, and a 9hr battery (6 if im watching movies), really can't fault it and it's perfectly portable.

Info and prices please ant, thinking about getting the lassie one

HP are offering employees the touchpad for 100 off rrp. Still not keen on a tablet like.

Naw me either, much rather have my wee asus netbook, more powerful, more storage, and a 9hr battery (6 if im watching movies), really can't fault it and it's perfectly portable.

The transformer does 16 hours life when docked - haven't tested it with movies but I'd imagine Android is less hungry than Windows.

I've never really trusted laptops as I had a Sony Vaio about 10 years ago that was fine when on the mains but only lasted about 45 min on battery.

this is my one wacky,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Asus-EEE-1005ha-Blac...=item2565c7fe64

what I did was picked one up for about £120 from ebay, bought a cheap 2gb stick of ram for it (easy to install you open a flap on the back and click it into place 30second job), and then bought a higher capacity battery off ebay for it as well (think it was £10). so had a fairly powerful netbook for under £150, runs everything fine, you'll not be playing footy manager or call of duty on it like but for browsing the web watching iplayer and office work does the job well.

That model is a few years old like but it's grand imo has wireless n networking and such, but reflects it in the price, a newer version of it would be £250-400

just search for "netbook review" you'll get a load of results http://www.reghardware.com/2010/02/19/revi...k_samsung_n220/

but depends on your price range and what you want from it, i'm happy enough with mine, used it when i was traveling back and forth to wales last year all the time for the plane/when we went away camping and shite like that.

Samsung N220 is a decent netbook as well, plays video much better than most because it has a dedicated chip for smoothing the playback for highdef stuff.

You can get the newer model of mine thats slightly more powerful etc for around 200ish new (asus 1018p)

All she does is browse the net playing moshi monsters, youtube etc, one of them would be ideal. Its not her birthday until November so i'll have a proper look then.