XBOX Connecting to Wireless Network

wykikitoon

Well, I finally have got my internet running.

So, goto connect my Xbox to Wireless network.

Say its connected, Ive checked im connected to the correct SSID and have the correct WPA in but still cant connect to XBOX Live.

Any ideas anyone?

Do you have the right ports open? Urmm....if not then it is probably something to do with your router rather than the Xbox. That's certainly been the case whenever I've had problems.

Ive connected via wired and that was fine.

Ive checkled the SSID and the WPA and nothing, Ive even tried connecting to Live when Ive "connected" to my XBOX via an unsecured Router (i.e no WPA etc on)

Confusing the fuck out of me.

I had a friend that had exactly the same problem. As soon as I opened the rights ports it worked perfectly over wireless.

If the XBOX is saying it's connected then the router is, somehow, disallowing it a connection. Like right now I could log into my router and cancel all connections to and from my Laptop. The Laptop would still say I'm connected to the router, but the internet wouldn't work. It sounds like you're pretty clued up about all this stuff anyway, so sorry if I sound condescending.

What router are you using?

My heads blagged from a generally busy day and tiredness setting it, but I will try! So is that a yes to entering it manually?

All my settings on the Xbox are set to Auto, the IP is auto etc and lets the router set it

That is probably where the problem lies. Let me go and start up my Xbox and see what it asks for. Are you able to log into your router and check which IP your Xbox is using?

In your browser, goto 192.168.1.1

Sign in, username should be admin and password should be password.

Down the left, go to 'Port Forwarding/Port Triggering'.

Click add custom service, when you're in there you need to add these ports (you'll have to keep clicking add custom service to add another):

* TCP 80

* UDP 88

* TCP/UDP 3074

* TCP/UDP 53

In your browser, goto 192.168.1.1

Sign in, username should be admin and password should be password.

Down the left, go to 'Port Forwarding/Port Triggering'.

Click add custom service, when you're in there you need to add these ports (you'll have to keep clicking add custom service to add another):

* TCP 80

* UDP 88

* TCP/UDP 3074

* TCP/UDP 53

Cheers Besty lad, ill have a bash tonight, gave up last night and went to bed :icon_lol:

Set up the Xbox stuff manually. Set the ip to 192.168.1.5, the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and the gateway to 192.168.1.1. There should be a place to put in another number under 'gateway', just put 192.168.1.1 again. That's if opening the ports doesn't solve it.

Ive got bigger issues now :icon_lol:

Whilst half asleep trying to sort this I accidently somehow reset all the preset data that my ISP put into my router I have now got zero access to the net.

Oh well, looks like ill be spending some time on the phone this evening :icon_lol:

Nuless anyone on here is a virgin customer? (DONT ASK IT WAS THE ONLY AVAILABLE ISP FOR MY APARTMENT!)

I don't think it should matter? By typing in 192.168.0.1 you are connecting to your router. If you set the XBOX to connect to 192.168.0.5, then it is still connecting to your router, which then connects to the internet using what IP you are assigned for that session (I think). Static/Dynamic IPs have always confused me, mind...