Your Reason For Not Going Last Night?

Ugly Mackems

Not that anyone has to explain themselves to me or anyone else but under 16k was a shocking show.

Apathy?

Money?

Weather?

Childcare?

Distance?

Apathy the winner for me. I told my mates I'd get them in cheap last night and had zero uptake due to pure Apathy.

Edited by Ugly Mackems

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've maintained for a while that I don't want to give MA any more cash. Buying outright the three year season ticket and then seeing what he done to the club was a massive kick in my bollocks. The decision was made by being a mid-week game as when Im in from work I have a smiley 10 week old to contend with.

Working away otherwise I think I'd have gone. I got to see Liverpool lose to Reading though which more than made up for the minor disappointment of not being able to go.

I've maintained for a while that I don't want to give MA any more cash. Buying outright the three year season ticket and then seeing what he done to the club was a massive kick in my bollocks. The decision was made by being a mid-week game as when Im in from work I have a smiley 10 week old to contend with.

This has to be the biggest winner IMO. Ashley should take note of how low the crowd was tbh - that (and not the 49,500 who turned up for the Boro game) is indicative of his popularity.

Since I moved south I've only bothered with 3 midweek games - the first Barcelona CL game, the Gullit derby and Beardsley's testimonial.

A pointless replay against Plymouth in the current conditions under Ashley didn't even get on the radar.

Sad though because the Cup's normally such a big deal for Newcastle fans.

Yeah despite all the shit I think its sad as well - I've always enjoyed FA cup away matches as people just seem to have a buzz about them - even when we were shit and had no chance.

Working but probably would have went otherwise as the tickets were quite cheap at £15.

15k is a small crowd I suppose but given the circumstances not really that bad, we aren't going to win the F.A cup or come close and at best it's going to clutter our fixture list up. Plus it was Plymouth in a replay and they probably brought about 3 fans.

Yeah despite all the shit I think its sad as well - I've always enjoyed FA cup away matches as people just seem to have a buzz about them - even when we were shit and had no chance.

Aye, that's what I meant. Even when we were rubbish people still looked forward to the matches in the Cup. I know there are other possible factors but I can't help but think it's something else Ashley has ruined.

I went cos I'm a soopafan, not a part-timer :icon_lol:

I even paid for the expensive seats. First time in Bar 1892. Christ it's dull isn't it? Must have been an average age of 55 in there.

:icon_lol:

There were women getting their tits out and coppers flying around in the ultras corner. that's where I belong. With the scum.

It made me think, why don't the ultras buy up the seats in Bar 1892? I was 20 yards from Ashley and Llambias last night and if I'd been drunk enough and not so soft that I need back up he could have been made to feel very uncomfortable by a torrent of abuse at close quarters. For the sake of an extra tenner i think it's something the Ultras need to organise come the next home cup game. :rolleyes:

I even paid for the expensive seats. First time in Bar 1892. Christ it's dull isn't it? Must have been an average age of 55 in there.

There were women getting their tits out and coppers flying around in the ultras corner. that's where I belong. With the scum.

It made me think, why don't the ultras buy up the seats in Bar 1892? I was 20 yards from Ashley and Llambias last night and if I'd been drunk enough and not so soft that I need back up he could have been made to feel very uncomfortable by a torrent of abuse at close quarters. For the sake of an extra tenner i think it's something the Ultras need to organise come the next home cup game. :rolleyes:

I watched Newcastle v PSV in the 1892 and it was BORING as sin. There were 3 PSV fans near us and even they couldnt get the people going around us.

Very.

Dont know why but I love the FA Cup. No matter what season we are having I've always went and it could often be a break from the dross. Years ago I used to get to only cup games. Being top of the league I think has made many let slide just what that utter utter cunt has done to our club. The fact we get good attendances (myself included) I'm convinced make him think everything is rosey again. I also hope he noticed this. Just a shame he is too fucking thick to realise.

Fact is, when we get promoted (I know I shouldnt be so presumptuous), we're right back to where we were and this fucking nightmare starts over all again.

I back NUST fully. I dont think the club will ever be in the fans hands, but not backing NUST is the only way to ensure that.

I hate that bloke with a passion for what he's done.

:rolleyes:

It made me think, why don't the ultras buy up the seats in Bar 1892? I was 20 yards from Ashley and Llambias last night and if I'd been drunk enough and not so soft that I need back up he could have been made to feel very uncomfortable by a torrent of abuse at close quarters. For the sake of an extra tenner i think it's something the Ultras need to organise come the next home cup game. ;)

I watched Newcastle v PSV in the 1892 and it was BORING as sin. There were 3 PSV fans near us and even they couldnt get the people going around us.

Very.

Dont know why but I love the FA Cup. No matter what season we are having I've always went and it could often be a break from the dross. Years ago I used to get to only cup games. Being top of the league I think has made many let slide just what that utter utter cunt has done to our club. The fact we get good attendances (myself included) I'm convinced make him think everything is rosey again. I also hope he noticed this. Just a shame he is too fucking thick to realise.

Fact is, when we get promoted (I know I shouldnt be so presumptuous), we're right back to where we were and this fucking nightmare starts over all again.

I back NUST fully. I dont think the club will ever be in the fans hands, but not backing NUST is the only way to ensure that.

I hate that bloke with a passion for what he's done.

You know what'll happen as well. Same old, same old with a summer of him supposedly trying to sell the club (i.e. he'll sell if it's what he wants for club, which appears to be somewhat unrealistic) while we fail to make the signings needed to give ourselves a chance of mid-table stability.

I live in London, but I don't thinknid have gone, even if I was up there. Just refuse to line his pockets anymore and more than a little apathetic about the competition.

I didn't go because I don't feel to great this week, it was fucking cold, and the underlying thing was I couldn't be arsed. Would I have went if it was a more attractive fixture, I don't know, but I tell you one thing 16,000 is the biggest disgrace of the last 20 years for a club our size, that said every club in England and Scotland apart from Man Utd has had a comparatively worse attendance over that period. I mean the likes of Leeds even when they were in the Premiership, they're used to gates of 6/7,000 in the FA Cup* see below, but NUFC, was a watershed moment in our recent history, a culmination of lots of things, the main one being Mike Ashley's running of the club in my view.

FAC December 12 1999 Leeds 2 Port Vale 0 (Bakke) 11,020 (Saturday game too)

FAC November 7 2008 Leeds 1 Northampton 1 (Robinson pen) 9,212 (as above)

etc etc...