For fucks sake...

smoggeordie

pain in the arse this.

Yet again.

I miss some of these games because it means me driving up and back again straight after the game, especially at this time of the year. At least it is on TV. But over the years I'm becoming increasingly pissed off with TV moving 3pm sat games, where I can have a pint before the game, watch the game, have a pint after the game and get the train back.

2 pints eh....realy going for it leazes!

Saying that even 2 pints is a bit risky isnt it? Have you checked you can drink with your meds?

Ha...not man enough to apologise eh?

I hardly know what to say, such is your juvenile ignorance and stupidity, but blokes like you who thought playing regularly in europe and bringing top players to the football club was "shit" and "embarrassing" doesn't really need any explaining. It already told me you're a thick cunt.

;)

What the fuck? Quote me on it you geriatric prick!

I have never said anything of the sort! :icon_lol:

Still waiting...

I said "blokes like you". Not YOU [although I dare say you did and would have done if you had been posting on here a few years ago].

Also - I'm 55 and far from geriatric, and you shouldn't take 2 pints literally but most other people probably didn't :icon_lol:

Eh at 55 i'd of thought youd be a bit more switched on like...and you call me a thick cunt...oh sorry you didnt....you insinuated.

Just like you insinuated and ASSUMED that i slagged off the halls...

Iv been on here for years leazes...always had my say, and at times been slated for some stuff i say...which is fair enough when people are justified and back things up when countering my argument, but when your arguing about something youve clearly made up in your head its a wee bit infuriating.

I still havnt seen anything from you to prove i was "like" these other blokes....your quickly backtracking but still sidestepping the point.

Tool

Lets put it this way. Most people disagreed with me, I don't recall anybody agreeing with me. You certainly didn't.

"backtracking".......hmmm.....prepared to accept I have got you wrong although as I say, you didn't say you did at the time.? Think about it.

Your daft comment about 2 pints isn't exactly mature but what the hell eh. If I only had 2 pints ie one pint before and one pints after the game, I would drive home and not get the train.....

:icon_lol:

Indeed you did get me wrong Leazes.

The "2 pints" saga was all a bit tongue in cheek, your overly sensitive reply and random mention of the halls just stoked the fire mate...Like i said...i NEVER slagged the halls, maybe shepherd for some things but i certainly didnt ever question their ambition...and certainly their ambition was tenfold compaired to this lot....glad you admitted you got it wrong...not good to presume and then patronise me with your condesending manner though.

So fuck if im 23 or 55 makes no difference.

You were wrong and i was right...case closed :icon_lol::rolleyes:

no, I was right about the Halls and Shepherd. I'll give you credit where its due for agreeing with me :icon_lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swansea's gone now as well :)

Sky TV have confirmed that they will show our away game against Swansea City live on Saturday February 13th, forcing the alteration of kickoff time to 12.45pm.

Oh dear. Early start for the 2000 toon fans. Probably have about 500 welsh mags there though.

Sky TV have confirmed that they will show our away game against Swansea City live on Saturday February 13th, forcing the alteration of kickoff time to 12.45pm.

Oh dear. Early start for the 2000 toon fans. Probably have about 500 welsh mags there though.

Stopping at a mates gaff in Birmingham on the friday night for this. Bought my train tickets for the Saturday (Brum-Swansea) the other day. Got an off peak return, where I had to pick times I wanted to go. Am I right in thinking I can use any train on the day because weekends are all off peak? Think it's only the advance tickets where you have to do the exact train only.

Stopping at a mates gaff in Birmingham on the friday night for this. Bought my train tickets for the Saturday (Brum-Swansea) the other day. Got an off peak return, where I had to pick times I wanted to go. Am I right in thinking I can use any train on the day because weekends are all off peak? Think it's only the advance tickets where you have to do the exact train only.

It is, because normally I ask my work to buy me off peak tickets on Saturdays when I've been to London so I can stay or go when I want on the Saturday. There's no worries with that at weekends :razz: Watch out for Tank and the Swansea Youth though.

I havent managed to use my season ticket since the first week in December due to games being moved and midweek fixtures. I think this was one of about 4 or 5 games left I could go to. Fucking season ticket was more use when we were in the top flight, used to hardly miss a game.

NEWCASTLE United's Easter Monday home clash with Sheffield United has been moved to late kick off for live coverage on Sky Sports.

The game, originally scheduled for a 3pm start on Monday, April 5, will not get underway at 7.45pm on the same day.

so what time is it then? We've established it's not 3 and not 7.45 so what time???? ;)

• 1 month later...
Plymouth away moved to a Monday night for TV. They really hate us, don't they? :icon_lol:

Aye, I was just reading about that. What a fucking disgrace. There are countless fans who try their best never to miss an away game, and they have had to jump through hoops time and time again to continue their passion. But this is just an utter disgrace.

What bugs me is that the last couple of Sky games have included phrases like "the usual turnout despite the inconvenient kick-off " - a kick-off which is completely down to your channel you twats!!!

I was contemplating a weekend job for Plymouth - complete pisser.

Swansea's gone now as well ;)

This would never have happened under the old board![/Leazes]

:icon_lol:

This is the straw that broke the camels back for me......as of 4th April we will live in a Murdoch free household. I got home from work and told them to come and take their dish away....apparently I've got to do it myself but at least I won't be giving them any more of my hard earned from that date.

We could very well be promoted on the (former) weekend of the Plymouth game. The longest trip possible in English football. Why not televise the Ipswich match the following weekend where we wil (more than likely)l have a full house and quite possibly a great atmosphere for the nation to see....do sky want us going up in front of the fewest of our own fans as possible in a town so far away its virtually got a fuckin French post code? :icon_lol:

Why not televise the Ipswich match the following weekend where we wil (more than likely)l have a full house and quite possibly a great atmosphere for the nation to see....do sky want us going up in front of the fewest of our own fans as possible in a town so far away its virtually got a fuckin French post code? :icon_lol:

I guess the Ipswich game will be televised as well...to my disadvantage. Actually wanted to fly to this game.

It'll fall on deaf ears but NUST have sent Sky and the Football League the following 'open' letter...

Dear Sir,

Re: Rearrangement of Plymouth vs. Newcastle United fixture 19/04/10

I have been contacted by a number of the travelling supporters of Newcastle United and members of the Newcastle United Supporters Trust who wish to express their disappointment and dismay at the decision to move the forthcoming Plymouth vs. Newcastle United Coca Cola Championship fixture from Saturday 17/04/10 to Monday 19/04/10.

It would seem that, yet again, the decision has been made to move a fixture purely for television without the due consideration for the travelling supporters who wish to attend the game. The relatively late change has inconvenienced a significant number of supporters of Newcastle United who have already made transport and/or accommodation arrangements, many on a non-refundable basis.

This fixture involves one of the longest journeys between clubs and to move it to a Monday night shows utter and total disregard to those who wish to travel to support their team. Not only has there already been loss incurred in cancelling or moving arrangements, to attend this fixture many fans will require unplanned time off work or face a much more difficult, long and tiring journey home through the night.

Whilst we appreciate the need to provide televised fixtures as part of contractual obligations, we as supporters increasingly feel taken for granted and generally ran roughshod over when it comes to insensitive decisions like this. To date Newcastle United have had a total of 18 fixtures rearranged for television this season. How many fans that make the journey to St James’s Park, make the journey to opposition venues or simply have to plan their work and home life to attend matches have been inconvenienced or left out of pocket by these changes? The rearrangement of the Plymouth fixture feels like a final slap in the face for our supporters, just as asking Sunderland fans to travel to Portsmouth on a Tuesday night must have felt for them, for example

Newcastle United is known for taking a strong following wherever they go; the Supporters Trust itself boasts over 30,000 members. However, to take this support for granted and generally assume that fans everywhere will just continue to put up with this is short sighted in the extreme. More than ever supporter representation is in the spotlight. Not just from clubs themselves but within the game as a whole and I would urge all who are involved in the decision making processes that are taken in selecting which games should be moved to fulfil television contracts to genuinely listen to and take into consideration the fans who have to make journeys such as this before acting to simply satisfy the needs of television.

Yours in football

Neil Mitchell

Interim Chair, Newcastle United Supporters Trust

Newcastle United is known for taking a strong following

I was fully supportive until the Americanism popped up.

What?

Americans refer to teams in the singular - Newcastle is a shit team, Man Utd is a bunch of cunts etc etc.

The correct ie English grammar is Newcastle are a shit team and in this case Newcastle United are known for taking a strong following.

Newcastle United is known for taking a strong following

I was fully supportive until the Americanism popped up.

What?

Americans refer to teams in the singular - Newcastle is a shit team, Man Utd is a bunch of cunts etc etc.

The correct ie English grammar is Newcastle are a shit team and in this case Newcastle United are known for taking a strong following.

Went straight over my head when i first read it :icon_lol: But hey what do i know? Im only semi-literate at best! ;)

Edited by Geordie Lad...

Nice!

That will be a great atmosphere and it would be nice if people got the old Sir Bobby Robson Foundation scarves out or even if we embroidered the shirts and sold them again for the foundation.

It's really nice to see people properly getting behind the charity in both footballing and social contexts.

Are you a tractor boy by the way?

As much as I dislike Roy Keane I hope you don't go down!