Nobby?

AmericanMag

Sentimentality.

If he's not good enough for Colchester, he aint good enough for us. All this talk of 'ok at this level' makes me ask why he wouldn't be okay at Colchester's level???

I see what you're saying but maybe Colchester don't play the type of football to suit him?

Of course I'm not saying we do, but I think Hughton is flexible enough to use footballers correctly.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sentimentality.

If he's not good enough for Colchester, he aint good enough for us. All this talk of 'ok at this level' makes me ask why he wouldn't be okay at Colchester's level???

I see what you're saying but maybe Colchester don't play the type of football to suit him?

Of course I'm not saying we do, but I think Hughton is flexible enough to use footballers correctly.

Maybe he rejected Colchester? Asked for to much money. As above I know it will probally end in tears but its worth a shot.

However, Hughton has dismissed reports that Nobby Solano is set to make a return to the club.

The Peruvian legend trained with United on Saturday, but Hughton said: “He trained with us and it was a courtesy thing.

“He’s an ex-player and very popular in the area – he was just training with us.

“There’s nothing in that one. We’ve had other former players train with us and it’s not unusual.”

Meanwhile, Hughton was today concentrating on other targets in the transfer window after Jermaine Beckford’s decision to stay at Leeds United until the end of the season.

Hughton was cool about the situation and said: “Jermaine is out of the equation now.

“He was one of a few players we’re interested in. There are targets we’re looking at and we won’t be panicking over anybody who decides not to join us.”

So, loan arrangements are all coming to a close and the chance of us signing anyone is slim to none.

;)

Is anyone really surprised?

Come on, top of the league, why would we possibly need to sign anyone? :razz:

Sentimentality.

Maybe he rejected Colchester? Asked for to much money. As above I know it will probally end in tears but its worth a shot.

Colchester's too far to travel to visit his kids

Obviously ;)

NOBBY SOLANO today revealed he would “love to sign” for Newcastle United.

The South American played AGAINST United’s reserves yesterday in a private game at Sheffield United and helped the Blades to a 4-1 win over a young Magpies team.

But Solano says he deliberately did not score against his beloved black-and-whites.

Solano told me today: “I would love to come back to Newcastle.

“My dream is to help Newcastle United get back to the Premier League.

“They are in a good position to do it and I have made them an offer to help finish off the job in any way I can.

“I think Chris Hughton has done a fantastic job this season.

“And the decision to sign me would be entirely up to him.

“I’ve got a lot of respect for him but the decision is his and whatever one he makes I’d respect it.

“It was strange playing against Newcastle yesterday because there were a lot of youngsters who were just boys when I was at the club and they are all fully grown men now!

“But I decided before the game that I couldn’t bring myself to score against them because I love the team so much.”

Solano has been on Tyneside since the festive period and trained with Newcastle United last week following an unsuccessful stint with Colchester United.

The Peruvian has since moved on to Sheffield United where he has linked up with ex-Toon ace Gary Speed and has been trying to win a short-term contract.

Solano was plying his trade in his native Peru last season and netted 10 times in 32 games after a stint in Greece with Larissa.

Solano impressed during his short stint of training with United before Hughton played down talk he could be a potential signing. But he said: “I have been enjoying my time back in England and it’s been great to see some familiar faces and former team-mates.

“It would be lovely to think I could finish my career in this country as I still feel I could do a job for somebody.

“Everybody knows how I feel about Newcastle United.

“There is plenty of the season left and perhaps I can play a part somewher.”

Solano may also find himself welcome at Plymouth Argyle, where former Newcastle assistant boss John Carver is currently assisting Paul Mariner at Home Park.

Carver last week turned down the chance to join fellow Geordie Brian Laws at Premier League Burnley and has been running the rule over 12 trial players at Plymouth this week.

Solano almost made the switch to join Carver in 2008 when he was at Toronto FC in Major League Soccer, but opted instead to accept the chance to play in Greece.

But the pair still remain in contact and have fond memories of their time together with Sir Bobby Robson when they helped the Magpies into the Champions League.

Solano admits he is happy to play for a Championship club, but the 35-year-old and the Toon romantics out there will feel the ideal way to bring the curtain down on his career is helping United back into the top flight.

Solano also hopes to gain his coaching badges in England.

Nobby can fuck right off, given the circumstances under which he left. And I loved him when he was here and he's one of my favourite ever players for us.

I still think - although this could just be me - that that excuse was brewed up to explain why Fat Sam was shunting him out of the club, because he knew it would irritate the fans. I didn't think he wanted to leave and I still don't.

why were the circumstances that led to him going to west ham that bad alex? didn't he leave because his mrs left him and moved south and he wanted to be near his kids or something?

i would love nothing more than for nobby to come back and help us back to the top flight. sadly, him not getting picked up by colchester doesn't bode well.

why were the circumstances that led to him going to west ham that bad alex? didn't he leave because his mrs left him and moved south and he wanted to be near his kids or something?

i would love nothing more than for nobby to come back and help us back to the top flight. sadly, him not getting picked up by colchester doesn't bode well.

I think you're a bit naive if you really believe that. He left his mrs to shag some tarts, then when he wanted a move he tried to play the devoted family man card.

I think you're a bit naive if you really believe that. He left his mrs to shag some tarts, then when he wanted a move he tried to play the devoted family man card.

Exactly. If he was bothered about his kids etc...

I never said it was that bad by the way, I just don't think he can have it both ways. I.e. say he wanted to go down there to be with his kids then tries to get the fans back on side with sentimental shite now he's not even good enough for Colchester. Signing him for sentimental reasons is worse than the justification the club used for signing Nacho.

Nolberto Solano has completed a move to Leicester City.

The Peruvian, who has made over 300 appearances in English football for Newcastle, Aston Villa and West Ham, has recently been on trial with the Foxes and trained with the first-team squad on Thursday.

Leicester are currently trying to obtain clearance to allow Solano to play in the FA Cup at Cardiff this weekend but, if he does miss out, he is likely to be available to face former club Newcastle in the Coca-Cola Championship clash at the Walkers Stadium on January 30