NUFC 2-2 WBA ft

Barney

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see how you guys can be content with a point at home. The performance tonight was shocking. Defending was laughable. By the looks of it were taking tips from Liverpool with the zonal marking.

west brom by far the better side. we're lucky not to be about 4-1 down

Not sure what you were watching, but we had just as many chances.. should have won it at the end.. dirty dirty Albion as usual though!

they bossed the first half, had shitloads more possession, better chances, twice as many corners, hit the post. what game were you watching?

i don't remember more than a ten minute spell at any time when we were on top. i watched it thinking we could concede any time west brom came at us.

good result for us given the performance. the worry now is that this is a three horse race, forest don't look like losing and we can't stop drawing.

i can't understand how we're still top of the league.

meh, overall am very happy with a point. albion were extremely dangerous on the break, helped no doubt by the shocking level of running in our centre midfield. dont get me wrong, both smith and nolan worked hard but watching nolan waddle about in centre mid is just a joke. he is imo the best 2nd striker weve got and should be played as such. playing lovenhands as 2nd striker tonight was a bad decision as there was no way he would be able to use his pace to get in behind simply cos of the way teams set up against us at home.

thought dorrens was class. for us, imo mom would probably be jonas.

I have to question Hughton's mind-set in leaving Amoeba in so long as his contribution to the game was less than unsatisfactory.

I've always had a cause for concern about defenders not moving towards attacking opponents and their second goal was mostly the result of Taylor back-pedalling and allowing their man to get into the box. Jockying is one thing back-pedalling is another.

Our defence have lately been getting raves but they fell short today.

The Baggies played better football overall and I think we were lucky to get a point.

meh, overall am very happy with a point. albion were extremely dangerous on the break, helped no doubt by the shocking level of running in our centre midfield. dont get me wrong, both smith and nolan worked hard but watching nolan waddle about in centre mid is just a joke. he is imo the best 2nd striker weve got and should be played as such. playing lovenhands as 2nd striker tonight was a bad decision as there was no way he would be able to use his pace to get in behind simply cos of the way teams set up against us at home.

thought dorrens was class. for us, imo mom would probably be jonas.

How many times will I hear or read this this season, Just shows how far we have fallen from the top flight.

On this performance we will be very fortunate if we are promoted as champions!

Happy with the point.

Ref was shite though.

Enrique and Jonas were the better players for us. Good goals for us. Some poor defending by us.

Still need better delivary though IMO

Agree with all of that

2-2 fair result, they had some decent play, but we were sub-par at the back tonight. I think if we were as mean as we have been this season we'd not have conceded either of those sloppy goals.

Carroll on from the start would have seen us hold the ball better up top, and maybe created a few more chances by actually winning a header or two.

Ref was poor for both teams.

Jonas again had some good approach play, but his final decision/ball let him down

Enrique and Colo were sub-standard today it showed.

Guthrie played well and deserves to keep his place.

I just hope this says "we need players" to MA rather than "we're doing all right"

Incident packed match that both sides could have won. As it is both managers will be realtively happy with a point each.

We're lucky that Miller couldn't tap home that ball in the dying minutes. Jonas' run at the end was the stuff fairy tales are made of except West Brom forgot to read the script (to be fair they defended it well).

Thoughts on the performances of our players.

Harper - Was fine.

S. Taylor - Solid game.

Coloccini - Solid game.

Enrique - Played well, not his best game but clearly a class above.

Simpson - Average game. If he asks for more wages show him a replay of his being turned inside out by a West Brom player. That should have cost us the game if Miller didn't horribly mess up the finish.

Guthrie - Overall a good game. Still played out of position, but not his fault.

Smith - Not really an option in attack, decent enough in breaking play down.

Nolan - Poor game. Lazy defending let them get their cross in for the first goal. Slow in getting back.

Jonas - Good game, beat players over and over until they figured out that we have no right hand side so put 2 or 3 players on him.

Shola - Failed to defend Olsen which allowed him to finish unmarked. Headed on when noone was ahead, cheste down when someone was ahead. His physical presence was good though. Overall very rusty.

Lovenkrands - Had a good game. Great finish for his goal. Could easily have had another if the linesman didn't incorrectly cal him offside. His pace and runs up front add some variety to our attack. He's a good goal scorer at this level. He's shown that he should be starting every match alongside a Carroll/Ameobi type forward.

Subs:

Carroll - Was ok, didn't have much to do.

R. Taylor - No on for long enough to say. Nice effort on goal from a free kick.

Overall I still really think we need to open our options up down the right hand side. Guthrie is not the eplayer to do that. He does not deserve to be dropped though, so I'd favour him in central midfield alongside Smith. Nolan can be used in away matches as a additional midfield behind a lone striker. This would mean playing either Ryan Taylor or Pacrate down the right.

Not sure what you were watching, but we had just as many chances.. should have won it at the end.. dirty dirty Albion as usual though!

they bossed the first half, had shitloads more possession, better chances, twice as many corners, hit the post. what game were you watching?

i don't remember more than a ten minute spell at any time when we were on top. i watched it thinking we could concede any time west brom came at us.

good result for us given the performance. the worry now is that this is a three horse race, forest don't look like losing and we can't stop drawing.

this

I have to question Hughton's mind-set in leaving Amoeba in so long as his contribution to the game was less than unsatisfactory.

I've always had a cause for concern about defenders not moving towards attacking opponents and their second goal was mostly the result of Taylor back-pedalling and allowing their man to get into the box. Jockying is one thing back-pedalling is another.

Our defence have lately been getting raves but they fell short today.

The Baggies played better football overall and I think we were lucky to get a point.

I see you have opted out of the other thread Noelie, where I provided the link you asked for where the club was geared up to win the title that you said had never happened.

Never mind lad. As you criticised the Halls and Shepherd for running such a shit football club that qualified for europe more than any other club bar 4 over a period of 15 years, you really should stop complaining now that we are rid of them and things are soooo much better now.

this

West Brom easily played the best football. The way we play will not survive in the premiership if we go up.