NUFC 2-2 WBA ft

Barney

I am surprised they didn't have anyone sent off last night, apart from cech all of their back four were fouling constantly as was mulumbu, Jara should have gone straight red for the 2 footed jump in which was disgraceful

and yes we should have had one pen at least

PL I wouldn't have called Lovenkrands goal soft, it was less so than their first goal, if ameobi had moved then their CB would have had nowhere near the space to execute that finish compared to lovenk who, it looked to me, put in a very good header for his goal

It was soft because the keeper should've saved it. It was a flick-on from about 12 yards out. You can't tell me Carson wasn't disappointed to not have kept it out.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised they didn't have anyone sent off last night, apart from cech all of their back four were fouling constantly as was mulumbu, Jara should have gone straight red for the 2 footed jump in which was disgraceful

and yes we should have had one pen at least

PL I wouldn't have called Lovenkrands goal soft, it was less so than their first goal, if ameobi had moved then their CB would have had nowhere near the space to execute that finish compared to lovenk who, it looked to me, put in a very good header for his goal

It was soft because the keeper should've saved it. It was a flick-on from about 12 yards out. You can't tell me Carson wasn't disappointed to not have kept it out.

Carson saw it late as he had 2 players between him and Loverkrands when he headed it.

Shola’s marking for their first was a disgrace.

did he have any in the first?

it was back to classic useless shola all game yesterday, he did nothing, just fouled defenders when he was attacking and lost his marks when defending

anyone know where Ashley was sat last night?

As I heard he was picked out by the cameras but wasn’t sat in his usual directors seats.

He was picked out, not sure where mind but he seemed to be enjoying himself as we were losing

should be tomorrow on BBC website

Thought as much, god they are slow!

Can't put it on until the day after the day after the game (iirc) due to their arrangement with Sky.

Can't put it on until the day after the day after the game (iirc) due to their arrangement with Sky.

I could understand that if sky actually put the highlights up the day before the day after the day after the match. ;)

I could understand that if sky actually put the highlights up the day before the day after the day after the match. ;)

They do, don't they?

Dey do, dow don't dey do?

FYP....you a scouser?

it was back to classic useless shola all game yesterday, he did nothing, just fouled defenders when he was attacking and lost his marks when defending

It was really annoying that he went back to the very worst he can be. This season he's turned in some good performances, not just scored goals, but this was back to what really pisses the fans off. Not moving about and getting into space, barely challenging for headers and when he did, just committing stupid fouls and for the goal he just didnt give a shit and let the bloke leave him for dead.

FYP....you a scouser?

You broke my post, you fuckwit :razz:

I could understand that if sky actually put the highlights up the day before the day after the day after the match. :razz:

FYP....you a scouser?

You broke my post, you fuckwit :)

Haha calm down! calm down! ;)

:)

It was really annoying that he went back to the very worst he can be. This season he's turned in some good performances, not just scored goals, but this was back to what really pisses the fans off. Not moving about and getting into space, barely challenging for headers and when he did, just committing stupid fouls and for the goal he just didnt give a shit and let the bloke leave him for dead.

Just before the WBA game:

"Five years ago I had big ambitions. I wanted to be Alan Shearer’s successor, wear the number nine shirt, play for England, go to the World Cup – so no my career is not fulfilled. I accept that.

“Five or six years, ago if someone said this would be my career, I would be disappointed. I would be first to admit I have not fulfilled my potential or scaled the heights I thought I would.

“That is down to me, you can talk about injuries and make all sorts or excuses, but the harsh truth is I have not reached the heights I set myself. But I have just turned 28 and there is still time.

“Anything can happen in football, I have learnt that over the last ten years. It is something I am trying to put right now. Still setting myself tough goals.

“I have always said if I am playing on a consistent basis, I will always score goals and that is the key, getting into a position where the manager is playing me week in, week out.

“There is gap between the two leagues, a big one. I believe I can still score goals in Premier League, I have done, look at the records - when I had regular runs, I was averaging a goal every other game.

“It is not a question of do I think I can do it, I know I can because I have done in it. And I have to say that when a manager does really believe in me, it helps. I am definitely someone who needs that. It brings the best out of me.

“My best times were with managers who rated me. Sir Bobby Robson rated me and often told me that. Glenn Roeder, Joe Kinnear as well. It gives you great confidence knowing the manager has faith.

“But when you think you need to score a goal to keep your place, or that if you haven’t scored in 60 minutes you are coming off, that is hard.

“I’ve been out for four months, but Chris Hughton has faith and it was great to hear him call me his number one striker.

“I have had it all from them (Newcastle fans), they have sung my name, booed me, cheered me, jeered me. It’s been a love hate relationship at times, I understand their frustrations.

“I know I have not reached my potential and they do as well. They are allowed to voice their opinion. I understand that.

“There have been many (players) in the past come here and not been able to deal with it. I think I have been strong enough to deal with it. Yes, of course, it has hurt at times – but I am still here.

“It makes me more determined. They know I care about this club, have grown to love this club and it will always be close to my heart.”

I see you have opted out of the other thread Noelie, where I provided the link you asked for where the club was geared up to win the title that you said had never happened.

Never mind lad. As you criticised the Halls and Shepherd for running such a shit football club that qualified for europe more than any other club bar 4 over a period of 15 years, you really should stop complaining now that we are rid of them and things are soooo much better now.

Let me make this perfectly clear once and for all.

I have never asked you for anything.

I have never criticised the Halls and Shepherd.

I have asked you to prove the lies you post about me and you have miserably failed to do so.

I have suggested you seek help as you are obviously a mentally sick person.

I have difficulty understanding what this latest inane post of yours has to do with this Newcastle v West Brom topic.

I have high hopes that you will seek help as someone in your condition certainly needs help.

What Monday's game showed is that Smith, for all the praise he's been getting this season, is useless when he's up against players who can actually pass the ball. If we get promoted and start next season with Smith (and Nolan) as our first-choice midfielders, we might as well not bother.

What Monday's game showed is that Smith, for all the praise he's been getting this season, is useless when he's up against players who can actually pass the ball. If we get promoted and start next season with Smith (and Nolan) as our first-choice midfielders, we might as well not bother.

The few teams in this division with any pace, movement and technique in their midfield sees Smith, Nolan etc left for dead. Against West Brom you forgot either of them were playign the game as they couldn't catch hold of the opposition players! I do think Nolan and Smith have played (and will play) a massive part in our promotion bid, but against premiership midfields we all know what will happen.