NUFC 2-2 WBA ft

Barney

I have to question Hughton's mind-set in leaving Amoeba in so long as his contribution to the game was less than unsatisfactory.

I've always had a cause for concern about defenders not moving towards attacking opponents and their second goal was mostly the result of Taylor back-pedalling and allowing their man to get into the box. Jockying is one thing back-pedalling is another.

Our defence have lately been getting raves but they fell short today.

The Baggies played better football overall and I think we were lucky to get a point.

I see you have opted out of the other thread Noelie, where I provided the link you asked for where the club was geared up to win the title that you said had never happened.

Never mind lad. As you criticised the Halls and Shepherd for running such a shit football club that qualified for europe more than any other club bar 4 over a period of 15 years, you really should stop complaining now that we are rid of them and things are soooo much better now.

Post pub?

Brainwashed by the Halls & Shepherd?

Start a conversation with Leazesmag, you'll wish you were Deaf/Blind.

[raspberry beret]

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to question Hughton's mind-set in leaving Amoeba in so long as his contribution to the game was less than unsatisfactory.

I've always had a cause for concern about defenders not moving towards attacking opponents and their second goal was mostly the result of Taylor back-pedalling and allowing their man to get into the box. Jockying is one thing back-pedalling is another.

The Baggies played better football overall and I think we were lucky to get a point.

I see you have opted out of the other thread Noelie, where I provided the link you asked for where the club was geared up to win the title that you said had never happened.

Never mind lad. As you criticised the Halls and Shepherd for running such a shit football club that qualified for europe more than any other club bar 4 over a period of 15 years, you really should stop complaining now that we are rid of them and things are soooo much better now.

Post pub?

[raspberry beret]

don't tell me. You think going to the pub is dirty/working class/only for scroungers/uneducated low lifes etc etc blah blah ;)

Post pub?

[raspberry beret]

don't tell me. You think going to the pub is dirty/working class/only for scroungers/uneducated low lifes etc etc blah blah ;)

Err, no....

I love going to the pub, I'm also working class.

If you want to call yourself a dirty uneducated low life ,though, don't let me stop you.

Having believed the press I was dissapointed to see West Brom weren't the free flowing football team we were promised but just a bunch of cloggers, wit the tactic appearing to be to kick the shit out of us. Weak refereeing from the start probably didn't help as they knew they could get away with it.

Again, all I'll say about us is that our lack of pace become continually obvious as the season goes on, and the lack of a Plan B and a half decent centre forward is knacking us.

Give it a rest man you belligerent old bastard.

What are you like at the match?

Stranger: "Shit ball that like"

Leazes: "Aye well you shouldn't criticise Shepherd"

;)

Happy with the point.

Ref was shite though.

Enrique and Jonas were the better players for us. Good goals for us. Some poor defending by us.

Still need better delivary though IMO

Agree with all of that

I thought Enrique had a real off day...

There must be a name for the syndrome Leazes exhibits. I'm not having a go, or being funny, but it just isn't normal behaviour.

'Procrusteanism'? ;)

I haven't been well recently, but I was a bit better last night had a few drinks and was mortal at the game, so details and specifics are sketchy. I do remember how shit the ref was, they're even worse than the Premiership refs these, and I can't even remember Lovenkrands getting a touch first half. I said to the lads beside me I bet he does a Lampard if he scores and he did.

West Brom are shit at the back, and we found great difficulty breaking them down. I think we are better organised but they're much more exciting than us, seem far far quicker on the break, and for the first time last night it dawned on me that we might not go up. Our next five signings regardless where they play should all be speed merchants, we're far too slow right round the pitch.

Wasn't too cold at the match but fuck me that freezing fog came from nee where on the way home burururururururrrrr.

we had our chances as well though despite seeming to be outnumbered in every area of the pitch, they had more men back than we had forward bu if they ever had the ball our defence was outnumbered

First time the crowd has dipped below 40,000 since September.

Atmosphere was ok at times though, I'd rather have some semblance of noise and 39,000, than 52,000 moaning seals like we had against Liverpool last season. What a shitey away support though, oh dear, remember when they got promoted in about 2003 was it, and everyone was saying how they were the best fans in England, the novelty wears off with all clubs, apart from us mugs.

Di Matteo had obviously watched lots of other teams take on Enrique and fail so quite sensibly instructed his team to do two things; attack Simpson and try to isolate Enrique and get a runner past him, rather than take him on for pace or strength.

Guthrie's lack of any real pace meant he could not offer much cover for Simpson when they hit us on the break and the general pedestrianess of our centre mids meant they could actually play us on the break quite often. The right hand flank was our real weakness though, was calling for Simpson to come off at half time and be replaced by Ryan Taylor. That Thomas lad was very effective tbf. Was he a signing of Di Matteo's? Looked good.

The thing was last night, it wasnt just their passing and movement which gave them space, it was the extra man in midfield too. Di Matteo outwitted Hughton tactically but fair play to our lads for digging in and coming back twice.

we had our chances as well though despite seeming to be outnumbered in every area of the pitch, they had more men back than we had forward bu if they ever had the ball our defence was outnumbered

Aye, but how soft was Lovenkrands' goal? We're still carrying our luck imo. Long may it continue.

We were tactically outwitted last night.

Slaughtered on the counter attack when we poured forward like under 10's. Nolan, Guthrie and Smith waddling around midfieldunable to keep up with them.

We were tactically outwitted last night.

Slaughtered on the counter attack when we poured forward like under 10's. Nolan, Guthrie and Smith waddling around midfieldunable to keep up with them.

;)

I was on a stag do in November and two of the lads got into a fight with each other because one of them called the other one a 'waddler'. Unsurprisingly, the one accused of being the waddler was the one who got knocked out.

[random aside]

Di Matteo had obviously watched lots of other teams take on Enrique and fail so quite sensibly instructed his team to do two things; attack Simpson and try to isolate Enrique and get a runner past him, rather than take him on for pace or strength.

Guthrie's lack of any real pace meant he could not offer much cover for Simpson when they hit us on the break and the general pedestrianess of our centre mids meant they could actually play us on the break quite often. The right hand flank was our real weakness though, was calling for Simpson to come off at half time and be replaced by Ryan Taylor. That Thomas lad was very effective tbf. Was he a signing of Di Matteo's? Looked good.

The thing was last night, it wasnt just their passing and movement which gave them space, it was the extra man in midfield too. Di Matteo outwitted Hughton tactically but fair play to our lads for digging in and coming back twice.

I was saying on NO how much more effective he is than Jonas.

Unbelievable

Im embarrassed for you....

Just shows you drink + lack of sleep + recent illness + level 7 view = piss poor recollection of the game. Me fatha rang me before and reckons we should've had two penalties apparently shown on replays to be stone wallers, genuinely can't remember. I was fuckin talkin too much at the match last night to be honest.

Just shows you drink + lack of sleep + recent illness + level 7 view = piss poor recollection of the game. Me fatha rang me before and reckons we should've had two penalties apparently shown on replays to be stone wallers, genuinely can't remember. I was fuckin talkin too much at the match last night to be honest.

;) I think Tomaz should have walked too. He should have been given a 2nd yellow. IIRC for the 1st 20mins he basically just fouled anyone who came near him (usually Jonas). In fairness though, Jonas could have very easliy walked for his dive in the box later in the game.

That Tomaz was really effective for WBA as the game went on though.

In the end we were lucky to get a point but is was really 2 points dropped imo.

The 2 pen shouts were stone wallers, especially the one on Lovenkrands early in the game. The bloke almost dragged him down in a headlock.

Defensively we were all at sea last night and it invited WBA to attack. I felt that Nolan and Smith should have got a better grip on the game although out of the two, Smith didnt do much wrong. Nolan was missing for most of the game which was frustrating.

We desperately need some creativity in midfield, particularly on the right. Our wing play is woeful. WBA are well organised and Forest have 2 wingers who have pace and can cross. As a result, their strikers are scoring. We have none of this.

I am surprised they didn't have anyone sent off last night, apart from cech all of their back four were fouling constantly as was mulumbu, Jara should have gone straight red for the 2 footed jump in which was disgraceful

and yes we should have had one pen at least

PL I wouldn't have called Lovenkrands goal soft, it was less so than their first goal, if ameobi had moved then their CB would have had nowhere near the space to execute that finish compared to lovenk who, it looked to me, put in a very good header for his goal

West Brom played the better football and as somebody said, they spent most of the game attacking our right hand side as you get nothing out of Enrique and we paid for being weak on the right. They also caused us trouble in midfield as any half decent passing team does when suddenly Smith, Nolan et al barely get a touch as people play through us with ease.

They were also the dirtiest team we've played this season and with a ref who knew what he was doing they would have been down to 10 men long before the end of the game and we'd have had 2 pens, most importantly the one in injury time that could have won it.

So they were the better team, but that means fuck all its who is the most effective that will go up and by and large this season, that's us, hence we're top. Our defence is probably the only one in the division that doesn't look poor and we seem able to score just enough and at just the right time to get by. Plus whether you've been the better team or not is irrelivent if its a penalty.

However we'll be raped by any prem teams with pace and passing ability as things stand!

Edited by Papa Lazaru