Angry QPR Fan

wykikitoon

"I take more pleasure in seeing Chelsea lose than I do in seeing QPR win at the moment.

I sat through so many matches when we were absolute dog**** under the likes of Ray Harford and with people like Paul Bruce, Matthew Brazier and Mark Perry in the squad and I never felt like this.

The club isn't ours anymore but moreso than that - football is just properly gash these days.

I mean really gash.

football generally.

I hate nearly everything about it these days....

I hate the Prem and the myth that it is exciting this year. Man City breaking into the top four isn't exciting. They spent loads of money. It's no more exciting that Nameless **** getting to number 1 in the charts after winning the X-Factor.

I hate the myth of Arsene's kids. Buying some French kid when he's 17, playing him in the League Cup and then selling him when he's 20 after about 3 appearances in the league is NOTHING SPECIAL.

I hate hearing about Liverpool/Man Utd's debt but nothing ever happening about it. A club needs to go to the wall for the money thing to change but it doesn't happen. Why the **** are Charlton, Leeds and Southampton still in business?

I hate Frank Lampard's stupid ****ing face. I hate that Joe Cole's tongue is never in his mouth, the downsy spacker. I hate John Terry being England captain when he's CLEARLY AN OAF.

I hate young exciting wingers who have nothing but pace. Tony Scully had nothing but pace.

I hate Harry ****ing Redknapp. And Jamie Redknapp. And Louise Redknapp.. And the Wii.

I hate Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer.

I hate Garth Crooks.

I hate Garth Brooks a lot for that matter.

I hate Sky Sports.

I hate that when a lower league player beats 10 players and chips the keeper it doesn't matter but if Rooney scores from more than 20 yards it's amazing.

I hate that female sports journos are now mandatory.

I hate Mark Lawrenson for not coming out. 'I do like a big man at the back'. I bet you do.

I hate any advert that portrays football to be about anything other than pain and disappointment.

I hate Lee Hughes and the fact that he makes a living from the game. I hate Marlon King and any team that signs him when he gets out. I hate that it'll probably be us.

I hate Phil Brown.

I hate 'well the ball is a lot lighter now and will cause goalkeepers real problems this summer' before EVERY ****ING TOURNAMENT!

I hate that Kieron Dyer earned more in the time I took to write this post than I'll earn this month.

I hate Adrian Durham, Ian Wright and Alan Brazil.

I hate Gazza. Either die or shut up. Stop ****ing lingering.

I hate hearing about Hillsborough more than I hear about Heysel or Bradford.

I hate Leeds.

I hate Roy Keane.

I hate grown men wearing football shirts of their team whilst shopping on a saturday when their team is playing at home.

I hate that I don't hate Roy Hodgson.

I hate Jermaine Beckford and any player who has neck tattoos.

I hate songs being inappropriately taken as club anthems and then sung in a manly way. 'I'm forever blowing bubbles....'. Gaylords.

I hate Danny Dyer and anyone he's ever interviewed.

I hate the book 'Cass' by Cass Pennant. It is honestly the stupidest thing I've ever read. Chapter 1: Millwall. 'Yeah we took 50 to Millwall. They had 1000 in their mob but we ran 'em up and down the street'. Chapter 2: Liverpool. 'Yeah we took 50 to Liverpool. They had 2000 in their mob but we ran 'em up and down the street'. **** me... Jade Goody's autobiography is probably better. Even her non-ghost written one.

I hate that all good youngsters end their careers at Spurs before they start."

Fantastic.

Sums up how the game I loved was hijacked by the middle classes and turned into something it's FUCKIN' NOT.

The bit which stuck out to me, was about non league players scoring the same type of goal as Rooney would score, yet never get a fraction of the bullshit these so-callled 'aces' get. EXACTLY.

Well said that man.

There's some lads I know, and they're alright lads, I like them. But they go to the match occasionally (a couple had season tickets when they were in the Prem) and when I went to school with the same lads they didn't even like football and looked down their noses a bit at people who played it at break time etc. Sort of sums up what you're getting at there Snakey.

I hate any advert that portrays football to be about anything other than pain and disappointment.

:wank:

I'd hate Shearer for his punditry if I wasn't a toon fan btw. It seems to have got a lot more nauseatingly matey since he joined the beeb.

Can't argue with that. Sums up pretty much why I've fallen out of love with the sport. I watch very little if nothing that isn't Toon related.

Money has fucked up footall. Apart from the hooligan element the sport was much more fun in the 80's. Thickets earning 100 grand a week because they can kick a ball is fucking mental.

Can't argue with that. Sums up pretty much why I've fallen out of love with the sport. I watch very little if nothing that isn't Toon related.

Money has fucked up footall. Apart from the hooligan element the sport was much more fun in the 80's. Thickets earning 100 grand a week because they can kick a ball is fucking mental.

You cant really blame the players for that though can you? If you were told you were going to get £100k a week for doing what you do would you say "Nah" of course you wouldnt.

You cant really blame the players for that though can you? If you were told you were going to get £100k a week for doing what you do would you say "Nah" of course you wouldnt.

I don't think blaming the players. That's not the point though. Worse than the likes of John Terry getting 150k a week or whatver (bad that that is) is people like Nolan and Shola being multi-millionaires.

I don't blame the players. You're right if some bugger would give me that kind of cash I'd rip their hands of as well. I blame TV and the governing bodies for allowing it to spiral so far out of control.

Edited by micktoon

I don't blame the players. You're right if some bugger would give me that kind of cash I'd rip their hands of as well. I blame TV and the governing bodies for allowing it to spiral so far out of control.

Its the governing bodies mostly & the fat old greedy cunts who run them! especially the English FA!

Havent posted in a while, and generally lurk these last few months but that post hits the nail on the head in many aspects which compelled me to post. Pretty much exactly how I feel and I couldnt be more apathetic about football at the moment. The only thing that keeps me in touch is those at work constantly talking about it regarding bets/fantasy football.

I should think the bottom will fall out of the Premiership soon enough. Growth cant be sustained when nothing else has increased. I was watching something on Sky the other day about those in La Liga getting better tax breaks so if nothing else, the opportunity to make more net in wages in Spain has to be a pull.

I was watching something on Sky the other day about those in La Liga getting better tax breaks so if nothing else, the opportunity to make more net in wages in Spain has to be a pull.

THey don't need to go to Spain to save money on tax. They just need Harry Redknapp's phone number :wank:

I concur about the apathy. All the excitement has been sucked out of football for me. Or was it that we were spoiled by Keegans exciting football? Is it even age (im 30 now).

Either way the enjoyment in specifically sitting down and watching a game (even be it a big clash like Arsenal v Man Utd) has gone.

Football is dull now.

I concur about the apathy. All the excitement has been sucked out of football for me. Or was it that we were spoiled by Keegans exciting football? Is it even age (im 30 now).

Either way the enjoyment in specifically sitting down and watching a game (even be it a big clash like Arsenal v Man Utd) has gone.

Football is dull now.

+1

Was thinking exactly that whilst watching the Manchester derby last night.

Im in a sort of similar way, I dont like that its remarkable when a side tries to play good football

I watch Newcastle and England games regardless though and if I've nothing else on I'll watch arsenal or barcelona but otherwise Im happy to keep an eye on scores and leave it at that

I think the Prem has got duller over many years. Not only is it less competitive than it used to be but the football has got more and more defensive and based on counter attacking. Foreign coaches are probably to blame but the basement clubs set their teams up to stifle the opposition and score from set pieces. Managers seem to take greater pleasure from clean sheets than scoring goals.

In the old days there was the like of George Graham whose teams were like a dose of sleeping pills. But I don't recall there being quite so many dull teams and matches. Who wants to pay good money to watch the likes of Bolton, Blackburn, Everton, Hull play?

We have all the prem matches on Sky here and they show continous highlights shows but I honestly can't be bothered to watch them since we got relegated, even the highlights are usually tedious. If we don't get promoted I'll probably de-subscribe.