What are you drinking?

Guest alex

I bought a can of Bass shandy the other day because I saw it in the shop and has a flashback to my childhood. It's still in the fridge :lol:

I bought a can of Bass shandy the other day because I saw it in the shop and has a flashback to my childhood. It's still in the fridge :lol:

I'm sorry to hear your childhood is in the fridge.

• 2 weeks later...
Where's Blue Moon? Where's Paulaner? Shit beer tournament.

Tonight it is the turn of the Paulaner, which is looking very drinkable....

5d603cdc-cfb1-e4b5.jpg

And a franziskaner weisssbier which I think I was drinking in Italy and Germany.

5d603cdc-d03b-0bf8.jpg

So the beer tournament is over unless any really new contenders come along.

The clear winner by a country mile was the Leffe Blonde. A delicious brew with a rich taste.

Next would have to be the Erdinger.

Third place is taken by the Franziskaner followed closely by the Paulaner.

Trailing in fifth was the Weishenstephan.

In conclusion. If these were curries then the Leffe would be a rich spicy serving where the other four would more generic fish and chip shop curries without the kick. (Alright on their day but no Jamie Oliver).

The one thing I will say for the Franziskaner (and the Paulaner) is that if I was in a very warm climate and these were served up cold they would be very drinkable, thirst quenchers. Thats probably why I enjoyed this so much abroad, but less here.

Any way Mr Leffe...... well played sir.

Leffe%20Blonde%20bottle%20with%20glass.JPG

Going off that picture....

Don't use a Kronenbourg glass or any other glass with the stuff that makes it fizzy in the bottom man. Impairs the taste, not supposed to be fizzed up as it's been drunk.

Going off that picture....

Don't use a Kronenbourg glass or any other glass with the stuff that makes it fizzy in the bottom man. Impairs the taste, not supposed to be fizzed up as it's been drunk.

Honestly there was no fizz whatsoever. Tasted totally flat. Had it fizzed I would have been happy. :lol: